Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EH45

Concealment??

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
9 posts
1,607 battles

I just want to ask a simple question.

Where is the ****ing point of concealment when you have CV in the game?????

No matter how good your concealment is, planes just fly to you, and they will spot you.

Sorry, 5 km air detectability? Planes don't give a f***. You are now out of the game.

[KAMI]
1,569 posts
13,316 battles
14 minutes ago, Freddiw said:

Sorry, 5 km air detectability? Planes don't give a f***. You are now out of the game.

You seems to be  at  t4-t6 matchmaking area..

Turn off AA mount by pressing P to minimise the chance of getting spotted earlier ( for destroyer)

Or just bunch up with a few of your teammate instead of going in alone.(Battleship or cruiser)

Spotting doesnt really guarantee you would be destroyed.. just do your best to dodge the shells or ordnace thrown at you

You will learn eventually how to avoid getting hit by the different things cv thrown at you

Beta Tester
9 posts
1,607 battles
10 hours ago, Gummiheng said:

t4-t6 matchmaking area

Firstly, no, I am not. I play cruisers at multiple tiers, ranging from T4-T10.

bunch up with a few of your teammate instead of going in alone.(Battleship or cruiser)

Secondly, if I am not alone, I would never complain about this issue. The point is sometimes you want to utilize that concealment to sneak up, to flank others, and to disengage from a fight, but planes just denial that possibility for you. That's why I am complaining about it.

just do your best to dodge the shells or ordnace thrown at you

I would be delighted to see how you do it when one rocket plane fly-by can take you 10k health and all enemy battleships can over-match you in the open water.

Edited by Freddiw

16 posts
5 hours ago, Freddiw said:

The point is sometimes you want to utilize that concealment to sneak up, to flank others, and to disengage from a fight, but planes just denial that possibility for you.

Well concealment are gone if it was cv match, nothing can do when plane heading to you except you play well (including positioning and keep monitoring minimap) or that cv maybe potato.

5 hours ago, Freddiw said:

I would be delighted to see how you do it when one rocket plane fly-by can take you 10k health and all enemy battleships can over-match you in the open water.

For your question above, I will angle toward to planes or away from planes for reducing damage and at same time reduce ship's speed for shells to missed. Then stay in static mode or accelerate/reversing/turn a little for dodging shells until cv planes gone so I can continue moving.

This is just SITUATION AWARENESS that you MUST learn for current game/meta. In some situation, try predict what gonna happen and where it happen depending on the type of map. Also that what Priority Target and Incoming Fire Alert used for now if you got slow reaction nyaa.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
[TF44]
300 posts
21,186 battles

The presence of CVs in a battle dictate that you have a greatly reduced chance of executing any plan utilising stealth. A more brute force approach with a number of ships providing consolidated AA and firepower is usually required.

I do not know the answer to resolving the ongoing dissatisfaction of both player groups. CV players state that AA is too strong. DD, CL, CA & BB players assert that AA is not sufficiently effective. Both groups are unhappy.

I do think it is time for War Gaming to acknowledge that further balancing of the interaction between Aircraft and Ships is required. It is their job to work out how to improve this interaction.

579 posts
13,511 battles

CV at T4 is OP because AA is pathetic at T3, just about pathetic at T4 and weak at T5.

CV at T6 is strong (not OP) because AA at T5 is weak, T6 is balanced, T7 is strong and T8 is impossible to survive.

CV at T8 is well balanced because AA at T6 is very weak, T7 is weak to average, T8 is balanced, T9 is very strong and T10 is impossible to survive.

CV at T10 is weak because AA at T8 is average at best, T9 is strong and T10 is strong on some ships and almost brutally too strong on some others.

This is just my personal observations. I have all 3 T4 cv's, just the 2 UK T6 cv's and all the T8 premium cv's (excluding Enterprise). Of course being a noob means my experience in them is not the same as the unicum CV players who probably hold a different opinion to me regarding overall balance.

Sign in to follow this