Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Manacetamol

Daily missions disappeared?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,767
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
7,033 posts
48,349 battles

@Nya_gaming @Work_ln_Progress

This morning, I logged in at 05 00 UTC+8 and I saw no daily missions.

May I ask what happen? Any fix?

Edited by MatterCore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,400
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,997 posts
29,466 battles

I notice the last chain was VERY short.

Normally 20 misisons for "hard".

Was only 6 or something last chain.

I guess next patch will bring event specific dailies and they wanted to make sure people could finish the current chain beforehand.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,084
[CLAY]
Member
3,684 posts
15,723 battles

With the new mission system, do you have to manually select which Option you do? Of will it just automatically tally both until one is complete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,022 posts
9,989 battles
41 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I notice the last chain was VERY short.

Normally 20 misisons for "hard".

Was only 6 or something last chain.

I guess next patch will bring event specific dailies and they wanted to make sure people could finish the current chain beforehand.

It has already been announced that there will be an extensive overhaul & rework of the current Daily Missions system.

The last chain was also greatly simplified with only one free port slot and a much reduced amount of signal flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,639
Member
6,150 posts
10,628 battles
Just now, Grygus_Triss said:

With the new mission system, do you have to manually select which Option you do? Of will it just automatically tally both until one is complete?

Seems to be the latter in PTS. I didn't have to select which one I have to complete.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,423
[-CAT-]
Member
4,580 posts
16,523 battles

Since WG is trying to overhaul their combat mission system, they gave players limited "Daily Combat Missions" for early June.

On paper,

Players now have the option to choose which mission they would like to take / grind. No longer we are shacked to collecting base XP.
     This way "in theory" you can complete the daily mission even if your team is defeated. Since defeated teams does not accumulate the base XP in the old combat missions, it takes away too much time for players.
     Also, the MM can be unforgiving, players will be on a constant loosing streak most of the time (for some odd reason).
     Hence grinding for the daily mission in the old combat mission is inefficient. And one of the many reason why players refuse to play random battles or just not play at all.
     Personal opinion, WG is "hellbent" trying to push players to play Random battles. Since in the current system, the only way to complete the daily mission efficiently is by playing scenario or double the game on co-op.

 

It is also the reason why WG moved the UU or LU to NTC *uugh 🤢*. (Ain't gonna call it RB as it was only renamed, not reworked as promised.)

 

 

Credits where credits is due, WG now offers steel and RP for grinds. Kudos for this. 👍 (any chance to earn doubloons for grinds in the future?)

However, my greatest concern here is, WG could also abuse this, by putting high numbers on the requirements. Something the playerbase / community have experienced during the PR PR fiasco. So I'm sceptical.
And it's also looking away from the NTC problem and not trying to fix (rework) the core of the NTC problem. Only bots and whales benefit.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,084
[CLAY]
Member
3,684 posts
15,723 battles
2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

However, my greatest concern here is, WG could also abuse this, by putting high numbers on the requirements. Something the playerbase / community have experienced during the PR PR fiasco. So I'm sceptical.
And it's also looking away from the NTC problem and not trying to fix (rework) the core of the NTC problem. Only bots and whales benefit.

The core problem of the NTC is that I have to reset my lines to use it. I’m not giving up my collection.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,639
Member
6,150 posts
10,628 battles
27 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The core problem of the NTC is that I have to reset my lines to use it. I’m not giving up my collection.

Preach, brother.

I ain't gonna even thinking about resetting unless I get to keep my ships. 

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,423
[-CAT-]
Member
4,580 posts
16,523 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The core problem of the NTC is that I have to reset my lines to use it. I’m not giving up my collection.

Hear! Hear!

And

Amen!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×