Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

Can someone tell me if Agir is any good?

11 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
392 posts
9,199 battles

Available for 1m FXP. Is it as good as Alaska?

Edited by sfcgx3

746 posts
19,634 battles

It was good. Then they nerfed the secondaries and made it utterly generic.

• Cool 1

[DEVAS]
183 posts
7,213 battles

Can't say for you accurately because I don't have the ship yet.

From the stats on the paper, she carrying Kürfust's secondaries. It means she has a huge potency in dancing the brawling showdown.

On the other hand, she still a Cruiser; she has Cruiser armor and HP pool. Although she possess good armor compared to other fellow super cruisers, it holds her back from exploiting her bristling secondaries to the maximum potency.

As a German ships big fan, I predict her play style is a medium range fighter; she has better accurate guns compared to German BBs, and also great secondaries. That means she can exchange fire with her adversaries in distance. On occasions where she can reach a close distance to the target, she has all the tools to end the fight rapidly and accordingly.

Now compare with Alaska, she is not really comparable; for Alaska characteristic is rather playing from distance and proper positioning, Agir characteristic is playing by sneaking among islands, but still good in firing from the distance on the way she reach her parking point. So, when Agir meet a sneaking Alaska head to head among the islands, Agir has the advantage edge. When Agir meet Alaska in open waters exchanging fire, Alaska has the advantage edge.

That's all I can say for now. It might be different later when I have sufficient experience in Agir.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
2,196 posts
7,467 battles

met a supertester in an agir, we got him down to low HP with entire team focusing fire, yet he survived, wipes us all out 1 by 1, charges straight at my JB and wins...goes on to win entire battle solo and gets top of team.

but that might just be the preferential rng and mm they get during testing phase, to encourage plebs like me to really want one.

hate it when I see a test ship in game, I already know the result.

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,148 posts
5 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

but that might just be the preferential rng and mm they get during testing phase

tenor.gif?itemid=15377612

• Funny 1

6,150 posts
10,628 battles
15 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

met a supertester in an agir, we got him down to low HP with entire team focusing fire, yet he survived, wipes us all out 1 by 1, charges straight at my JB and wins...goes on to win entire battle solo and gets top of team.

but that might just be the preferential rng and mm they get during testing phase, to encourage plebs like me to really want one.

Pretty sure if someone plays a test ship, they will be shot at and sunk first. That was just a super unicum. Anyway, I'd like to see the replay of that.

"preferential rng and mm" for test ships? *tinfoil hat on* Go on, let us feed more half-truth and fake news to the masses :Smile_playing:

Edited by Paladinum

[SMOKE]
3,407 posts
20,029 battles

That had always been one problem with all the Super Tester and how WG test the ships , put them into hands of unicum and expect the data to be universally correct for the rest of the gaming population ... and too little time and too few chance for anyone who can actually help it out with PTS accounts .. they want to try these test ships out they should randomly include a couple of them to each and every PTS account so it can be played and thus generate useful, meaningful data.

I had to say Agir look like one of the few  actually balanced and not OP ships among all these Super Cruisers ... as far as Cruiser and T9 goes that is .. might be until CB got re-classified as a separate and independent class which they all should be ( and so do CL ) , seriously the FXP ship is very limited in varieties, the DD's are all too expensive and not worth it ( do they actually had the potential and capacity as the price would say , its not tech tree so do not take that into pricing its asked for in form of an in game currency and we had a yardstick, 1 Million for Alaska so if you price it ; you should price it accordingly and 2M for Smaland and Hayate or 1M for Frisk , and even 1M for Azuma is really just trying to lure people to spend , they just are not worth it )

Anyway when are we going to get a proper Royal Navy Battle Cruiser, after all they were , with SMS , the first to adopt the form  .. must say I am tempted to get Agir but I can wait till it actually hit live and some real world live server play experience actually surface

Edited by Mechfori

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,516 posts
15,419 battles
2 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

That supertester is surely not an average bloke. I mean WG has clearly stated that the supertesters are players of all skill levels, both the worst & the finest ones.

I've met supertesters a lot of times.

• The worst one was driving Puerto Rico, he died in first 6 minutes, by Kagero's torps. This gave me a bad impression since I never knew the ship's actual strength, and was totally caught off-guard when someone who had brains was behind the wheel (stupidly tanky due to the superb citadel protection).
  • On the other hand, I've met a supertester whom was testing Izmail. Somehow he managed to get 7 kills, and survived in a game with 2 Ryujo against him. But when I finally got my hands on that ship (on live server), I got bamboozled by how terrible the ship actually is. Like "how could this trash went that far?" But as always, it's the player's skill that matters, not the ship.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
2,196 posts
7,467 battles

I've only had one supertester enemy die early, they sailed straight at us like bots do.

The rest have all completely dominated teams.

Haven't had a unicum supertester IN my team yet.

Sign in to follow this