You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

How were the players in these matches matched?

19 comments in this topic

2 posts
4,394 battles

I am really frustrated about the MM in this game. It feels WG don't even try to balance the teams at all. One team has a good divison (55%+ WR), let's give  them better battleships too. Result: opposition of the better team is wiped out in the first 10 minutes or so.

I am playing this game for having fun. Slaughter is not fun. How come this still not fixed?

MM3.thumb.PNG.58d761808920552f6939cd4bcd0a0d0e.PNGMM.thumb.PNG.99eb49d4ea7e9269eb0969a940319bcf.PNG

MM4.PNG

MM5.PNG

MM8.PNG

Edited by 94743
grammar fix
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,588 posts
12,955 battles

The match maker does not take into account player ability at all.  You get what you get, it's a roll of the dice, and all you can control is your own skill level.

The match maker balances ship classes and tiers so they are equal, it makes it so you aren't bottom tier more than 40% of the time, and it sets limits on some ship classes (basically BB's 5, DD's 4, CV's 2).  It will split up ships of the same nation and class so there are even numbers on each team (although divs can stuff that up a bit).

My advice is to never use a match making monitor - the only thing it does is change how you feel about the game for the worse.  There is literally no redeeming feature of using this type of system.  If you know your team is statistically awful, you will assume your team will lose and play differently, thus depriving yourself of some of the best moments you can have in this game, where you carry what turns out to be an awful team to victory.  Conversely, if your team is statistically better, you are more likely to make poor decisions that can get you killed, and sometimes your team will lose when they would have otherwise won if you were unaware.

Just delete it, you'll be happier for it, and enjoy the game more.

• Cool 10

[TLS]
5,517 posts
22,341 battles

Perhaps I should try this out and see what results I get. It feels no fun to be the one trying to perform on a losing team.

@94743You are "relatively" a new player. Your initial start up was decent at low tiers. Unfortunately, beyond T5 you are stuck in the camping meta that is prevalent on the server. Do not expect team play. Consider yourself lucky if you have a team that is playing. The only way forward is just gaining more experience and learning the (insert the long list of game gimmicks) and taking advantage of every dirty trick and how to counter every dirty trick in the book. And yes, MM is just pure garbage. "Random" my foot.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 4

[CLAY]
3,674 posts
15,672 battles

And this is part of the reason why players are uncertain about subs. People cannot trust their team to be good enough to protect them.

• Cool 4

[-CAT-]
788 posts
11,923 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

And this is part of the reason why players are uncertain about subs. People cannot trust their team to be good enough to protect them.

Agreed

• Cool 2

[MRI]
4,128 posts
18,641 battles

Well that's the downside of a non-skill based MM. Sometime all the good players are on one side. Divisions exacerbate the issue further when you have unicums divisioning with other unicums.

4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Exactly.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
4,512 posts
16,400 battles
4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Hear! Hear!

6,130 posts
10,572 battles

NOW I want to use that MM monitor thing just to see if MM is always against me or anyone who complains about MM being against them is cherry picking.

Cherry picking is a very good technique for creating a convincing argument.

/s

• Cool 1

[ARRR]
981 posts
14,423 battles
20 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Though when your supporting ships keep farming distant BB when radar cruisers are spotted then it is clear you have not won the supporting team lottery.

I did get fooled by a couple of team-mates whom I initially was impressed with as they followed me towards the caps, then realised they were bots as they kept on sailing into oblivion.

• Funny 2

2 posts
4,394 battles
23 hours ago, Paladinum said:

NOW I want to use that MM monitor thing just to see if MM is always against me or anyone who complains about MM being against them is cherry picking.

Cherry picking is a very good technique for creating a convincing argument.

/s

you have a point, cherry picking can make a convincing argument. I am not always getting these MMs. Most of these MMs are from weekends, to be precise, these are from Thursday evening to Saturday evening. I decided that I wont ever play any random in that time.

A lot of the time, I can just glance at  MM and see if there's "any" chance of winning at all, and most of the time I can predict what will happen and it happens. So if I see, opposition have couple of unicum-ish divs and all my BBs are either very experienced newbie or just newbie, I start reversing. There's no point in trying at all and usually within the first 2/3 mins I am proved to be right. This type of MM is not fun at all and in the weekend-ish times which I mentioned you can get these types of MM quite frequently.

[-ISO-]
1,106 posts
7,112 battles
On 6/8/2020 at 9:38 PM, 94743 said:

I am really frustrated about the MM in this game. It feels WG don't even try to balance the teams at all. One team has a good divison (55%+ WR), let's give  them better battleships too. Result: opposition of the better team is wiped out in the first 10 minutes or so.

I am playing this game for having fun. Slaughter is not fun. How come this still not fixed?

That's why it's called "Random" battle. Everything in it is random. From MM, RNG, the skills of players per team, etc. Sometimes you get 10+ loses per day and sometimes you get 10+ victories per day and sometimes mixed.

If you want constant victories and good results in randoms, you have to consider about the player's feelings on the opposing teams.

Edited by mr_glitchy_R

[IWN]
Modder
395 posts
3,207 battles

What do I do when i saw that. Just ignore, think that I could had done better,  only when I kite half of the enemy flank on my own and sunk 2-3 ship or over 150K dmg that I start to being mad at people, because team is super bad, but if the whole team is mediocre including me then no I wont complaint. 

[FPM]
90 posts
10,228 battles
6 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

That's why it's called "Random" battle. Everything in it is random. From MM, RNG, the skills of players per team, etc. Sometimes you get 10+ loses per day and sometimes you get 10+ victories per day and sometimes mixed.

If you want constant victories and good results in randoms, you have to consider about the player's feelings on the opposing teams.

Youre talking like ranked mm isnt random as hell.

[-ISO-]
1,106 posts
7,112 battles
10 hours ago, lettheskyfall said:

Youre talking like ranked mm isnt random as hell.

Ranked is meant to be toxic and competitive. And no I don't think ranked MM is random. The more you go up, the game will make it harder for you to catch higher ranks.  Pardon me if I'm wrong. I quit playing ranked for a long time because of its unbearable frustrations.

[TLS]
5,517 posts
22,341 battles

I tried 6 consecutive moskva games in random as a trial. I predicted the outcome of the 6 games from MM monitor based on the average "team stats". I got put into the worse team 5 times, and once in the better team. Guess how many I won?

Now back to coop where I can get my funsies.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1

[FPM]
90 posts
10,228 battles
11 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Ranked is meant to be toxic and competitive. And no I don't think ranked MM is random. The more you go up, the game will make it harder for you to catch higher ranks.  Pardon me if I'm wrong. I quit playing ranked for a long time because of its unbearable frustrations.

I was on the verge of rank 8 when I lost 10 games in a row including one where I did 150k damage which was the final straw. But no mm in ranked is just as bs as randoms.

mm.jpg

wtf.jpg

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,816 posts
29,639 battles

Advanced issue found

21 minutes ago, lettheskyfall said:

I was on the verge of rank 8 when I lost 10 games in a row including one where I did 150k damage which was the final straw. But no mm in ranked is just as bs as randoms.

rank MM eh, it's good only if you stay ahead of the pack and be the first 20-40ish people into each bracket, after that the people that failed their way up will dragon you down and you can only slog through the ranks by star saving or piling on matches