Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neufert1

What am i doing wrong with Sov. Soyuz IX tier

12 comments in this topic

[FDU]
127 posts
2,592 battles

I'm reached to IX tier Sov Soyuz and this feelings really too bad. My damage never high than 1325 against to same tier ships. (1.3K). What is that ? i'm tried everything (to citadel , frontside, backside, long distance, short distance).  Already never i can see any damage against to X tier ships. I saw everytime with full salvo  "0" ZERO damage against to X tier ship. Advise please 

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,544 posts
16,611 battles

Post up a replay.

Maybe someone will watch and give advice.

Not me.

But someone.

19 posts
4,986 battles

Im finding this ship a beast.

Park up next to an Island to hide your side and blast the broadsides of anything trying to flank.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,478 posts
6,799 battles

The whole like is certainly the most comfortable line to play.  Maybe just watch some videos and practice some more so you become competent in it.  

[BZ]
28 posts
8,159 battles

RNG and desync can make it seem like the guns don't work. Then it balances up and it is dev strikes all the way. Point the bows towards the enemy and don't get too far forward. If you're not tanking 2 million+ potential then you're not doing it right!

• Cool 1

[4RSE]
214 posts
5,394 battles

Don't teach people bad habits - you have to get all your guns firing all the time to deal maximum damage, cross the T. This is especially important when I am on the red team. 😂

• Funny 4

[TOGN]
[TOGN]
Beta Tester
133 posts
19,513 battles

switch to H E and give that a go 

Edited by stick3

[BLESS]
1,021 posts
9,457 battles

I don't play balenz ship Komrade, but here is advice anyway:

Learn the overmatch and autobounce mechanics. Study armor and citadel layouts of the ships you will fight.

Knowing what to aim for - and when - can be done by trial and error, but that will take a lot longer than looking up the relevant facts.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,094 posts
20,120 battles

Here's a replay from me from a few days ago. Soyuz is very strong, don't give up on it. 

Quick tips:

1. Focus cruisers over battleships. You do a disgusting amount of damage even without citadels. 

2. Be content not doing too much in the first 5-7 minutes. The longer the game, the scarier a (healthy) Russian battleship becomes. 

3. When you push, push with a teammate. You can absorb a huge amount of hits/damage, but you always need a reason to do so. 

• Cool 2

[151ST]
1,962 posts
9,039 battles

@LordTyphoon pretty much covered it.

I'm going to guess it's your first tier 9 as well.

Gameplay rapidly shifts at T9-T10 to longer range engagements and more players know how to punish mistakes.

I always recommend newer players steer clear of 'OP' or the strongest or more niche lines, they teach you less and subsequently at some point you are in for a rude shock.

Basically you need to learn to play more carefully and patiently, what usually happens in the top tiers is the team that makes the first series of mistakes loses, so holding your nerve and not overextending is the key.

Full disclosure, I'm pretty decent at WoWS and it's still my biggest mistake 9/10 times and why my most inconsistent and annoying class to play is DDs (they punish mistakes far more than others).

That's about the best we can do without gameplay to critique.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this