Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Anti_FIash

HMS Warspite

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
21 posts
3,410 battles

Hi Guys,

I have bought and enjoyed using HMS Warspite in CO-OP games.  The model looks amazing and is a nice tribute to her.  She is short, maneuverable and graceful.  However, I feel the ship has some unfortunate issues that will hurt commanders using her in pvp:

The main armament range is very short.  15" guns with just over 16 km range.

Her turret speed is very slow for her armament size

Her top speed is slow compared to other ships of her tonnage.

Her main armament does good spike damage but will lose out consistently to a skilled commander with a similar teir battleship with more guns.

As a brawler with a heavy ap spike she could be wonderfully suited.  But I feel her maxmimum speed and turret rotation speed need to be tweaked to compensate for lack of overall range.

Perhaps I am missing the point but I feel this is a fair assessment of her overall capabilities.

Cheers.

Beta Tester
15 posts
636 battles

Yep that seems spot on.

For an agile brawler she just seems to suffer from that turret rotation seriously badly - would be quite enjoyable albeit that one factor.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Aside from the turret rotation, she doesnt seem to be all that well armored either though, regardless of what the stat cards say. With the exception of one match, the 11 other times ive seen her, shes been sunk within the first few minutes, just from cannon fire. Was only a couple shots i could definitely tell were citadels, but it seemed to be mostly pure damage rolls.

At this stage, I dont think ill be buying her anytime soon (will buy over the Albany any day though..... worst. ship. in. the. game) 

Edited by Cyanide7662

Beta Tester
21 posts
3,410 battles

You're right about the mixed stats.  Sometimes she exchanges well and other times she feels underdone.  I like the idea of a mid tier dueller but she needs some love to fulfill that specialized role.

[ADM_L]
Beta Tester
279 posts
895 battles

The Warspite drives so differently from all other Battleships that I end up driving it like a drunken sailor on land ("What do you mean you oversteered AGAIN!?")

But one thing I noticed is that said drunken sailing actually benefits the ship: you shoot, mash and hold the right mouse button, tack left, wait a bit, and then tack right (simplified). And if you timed everything correctly the guns will be roughly aiming correctly when your loaded and ready (aka you aim your guns with your SHIP, not your turret).

As the Mighty Jingles said, "this is a ship where you've to know what you're doing... have to plan ahead."

PS: my gameplay on this ship is mediocre thus far.. let's see what a few other games under my belt brings...

Edited by DaNoob

Sign in to follow this