You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MeisterP

The Thread to Propose a Kancolle x World of Warships Collaboration

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
33 posts

With the IJN front and center for this game, that Kancolle just had a successful run in anime form, and given the success of the WoT x GuP tie-in campaign for Asia, I propose we start putting ideas together for a Kancolle x World of Warships collabo.

Already, I am showing off an extensively remodelled game client using Takotsubo's GUI mods and I am only lacking sound mods at this time. Once those come through, I can put together a full set of mods that would effectively marry WOWs gameplay with the kanmusu we so love and poi!

Let's get hype! And for the community moderators, I hope this inspires something with you guys too!

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Well... Arpeggio got first dibs on the collaboration with WoWS since KanColle already has its game to beat although if we look at it this way, both actually get their bit if you treat it as such:

- Arpeggio covers the rest of the nations. we've already seen international ships such as Bismarck, Repulse, Vampire and probably pretty soon the US ships in the manga and as it progresses, its not gonna be surprising that some of the ships in-game may have their MM models in the manga like Warspite suddenly appearing with MM and all.

-KanColle is technically the unofficial mascots for the IJN. most of the art focused on Japanese ships with the exception of a couple of German and Italian ships.

and to bit it out some more,there was a collab with Arpeggio and KanColle where you can use Arpeggio Takao to complement the KanColle Takao (to those asking why the Takao aint there, well... the heavy krooza was quite... a very solid ship and for the sake of all that is 'WG balance' its still being subjected to the rebalance anvil).

if the game actually kicks off very well (we're still in CBT and shit here is at the very moment subject to change) and rails and interesting bits, expect Arpeggio VP's and official skins first before anything.

and 'sides, IMHO its very unlikely for the producers of KanColle to try and shake hands with the RUdevs since they have their game to think of. if the actually DO shake hands, we're going to have two fanbases here: one for the KanColle focusing on most, if not ALL of the IJN, and the other for the Arpeggio focusing on the rest of the nations and personally, I'm actually quite eager to see fanarts of the MM girl of Washington fighting with both KanColle Kirishima and MM girl Kirishima because their respective ships, the US North Carolina class about to touch the water and the Kongo class, are already there.

Edited by EvyL

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Ehh. I'm in favour of a collab for official customized mods, but maybe something along the line of the Girls und Panzer collab for WoT. Something low-key and optional. No point forcing it on the rest of the community if they're not fond of the way KanColle stuff is already spreading here.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

and to bit it out some more,there was a collab with Arpeggio and KanColle where you can use Arpeggio Takao to complement the KanColle Takao (to those asking why the Takao aint there, well... the heavy krooza was quite... a very solid ship and for the sake of all that is 'WG balance' its still being subjected to the rebalance anvil).

You could use I-401, Takao and Haruna from Arpeggio in that event.

Additionally Arpeggio Maya, Kirishima and Kongou were boss/elite enemies. (There was also that one unnamed ship from ep1 as an enemy, the only Arpeggio ep I have watched)

The problem will prolly lie with DMM.

We're looking at a large company that has landed a huge hit with KanColle, similiar to how WG landed a huge hit with WoT.

Any kind of business conduct between companies of this size usually requires both time and effort till both sides are in agreement.

And I doubt that WG hasn't already stretched out it's feelers into this particular direction.

Additionally DMM isn't as island isolationist as other JP companies. (*Cough* SEGA *cough*)

Hence working together with an foreign company isn't something DMM would be overly "shy" about.

From WG's point of view a collab with KanColle could be a potential treasure chest.

Just the sheer size of the playerbase alone will provide a decent income boost for WG.

I mean seriously.

Just compare the numbers of images made by artists for both franchises.

There literally is no comparisson, and franchises live on fanart and alike to keep them alive and popular.

One of the most popular image websites:

Top: KanColle

Bottom: Arpeggio

59Qbofd.png

The only reason I could see for WG not wanting to enter a business relationship with DMM is if it was still 2012 and WG

a relatively fresh company when it comes to the international market and making/marketing their own games.

At that point you'd definitely not want to pursuit larger contracts with companies that have been around for a while and know their stuff.

However WG is long beyond that point, while they're still new compared to companies like EA that have been sucking out the life from videogaming for

quite some time now, it's "old" enough to interact with large companies.

No point forcing it on the rest of the community if they're not fond of the way KanColle stuff is already spreading here.

You should see the WoT EU or WarBlunder forums when people there come into contact with anything anime related.

Heavy use of "Haters gonna hate" memes and eating popcorn once the mods come in to ban the "infuriated" posters. :popcorn:

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Well... Arpeggio got first dibs on the collaboration with WoWS since KanColle already has its game to beat although if we look at it this way, both actually get their bit if you treat it as such:

- Arpeggio covers the rest of the nations. we've already seen international ships such as Bismarck, Repulse, Vampire and probably pretty soon the US ships in the manga and as it progresses, its not gonna be surprising that some of the ships in-game may have their MM models in the manga like Warspite suddenly appearing with MM and all.

i think takao from arpeggio was was already used as a colab with wows x arpeggio since the zaya has the sigil of takao of the fleet of fog during the space event 

?plugin=ref&page=Zaya(WoSs)&src=takao.jpthis on was takao's ship in arpeggio

340?cb=20140104073849

So we can expect some more colab works from arpeggio and possible from kancolle too. Also excited from that haha

Alpha Tester
87 posts
3,595 battles

just asking but why is there such a hype in making warships look like a cartoon show ?i dont understand all this kancolle stuff

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

just asking but why is there such a hype in making warships look like a cartoon show ?i dont understand all this kancolle stuff

Fan base.  kancolle and arpegio are one of the few media that focus on the ships we are playing with.

If there was a "star wars" or "star trek" type show with these ships in them then that would probably be getting as much attention.

[WOLF]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
3,641 battles

Same as "Girls und Panzer" that boost player into World of Tanks, Mostly in Asia and little on every server. 

Super Tester
1,677 posts

and basing what happened when WoT shook hands with GuP that strangely slingshotted the pop cap a bit, its likely to happen.

but as of the moment though, they can't do squat unless the RUdevs stabilize the shit out of the game as they collect data and feedback from the beta testers testing sheep, be it goald painted or standard, and those that committed their wallets early to mess with the goald economy and to buy goald sheeps.

Beta Tester
33 posts

Simply because I really really believe GuP x WoT help make WoT a humongous success in Asia. Japanese players pay the highest per capita, so a collabo with a famous anime for the Asia server would be good for business in Asia (or mostly Japan).

And then, there are the rest of us who are fond of both Arpeggio and Kancolle. And since Submarines are never going to be in WOWS, it would be better to have Kancolle, who gives you access to pretty much the entire IJN tree + a few future ships. Already, the Kongou is a popular ship both in WOW.sea and overseas (Even Jingles got in on the act), and Kongou is an amazing character both in Kancolle and Arppegio (My sig :p)

While this may be confusing, Kancolle and Arpeggio have collaborated as well. Retia described everything perfectly.

What I'm hoping for is someday this gets green-lit like WoT x GuP. That was when I joined WoT on a serious basis, and likewise I only came over to WOWS after hearing about the tie-in. There would be more converts to try WoWs once this server goes live.

And when all fails, at the very least, more people would know what poi means.

It is a start. I hope this thread is the start. I just am not as good at modding as my friends who painted ridiculous color GuP schemes on their Oorai tanks, but if I can stir up some interest, I hope this thread can lead to something bigger.

Edited by Yuudachi_Kai_Nii

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Beyond the anime veneer, Kantai Collection (both the show and the game/associated media) does teach quite a lot about the history of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. 

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Simply because I really really believe GuP x WoT help make WoT a humongous success in Asia. Japanese players pay the highest per capita, so a collabo with a famous anime for the Asia server would be good for business in Asia (or mostly Japan).

And then, there are the rest of us who are fond of both Arpeggio and Kancolle. And since Submarines are never going to be in WOWS, it would be better to have Kancolle, who gives you access to pretty much the entire IJN tree + a few future ships. Already, the Kongou is a popular ship both in WOW.sea and overseas (Even Jingles got in on the act), and Kongou is an amazing character both in Kancolle and Arppegio (My sig :p)

While this may be confusing, Kancolle and Arpeggio have collaborated as well. Retia described everything perfectly.

What I'm hoping for is someday this gets green-lit like WoT x GuP. That was when I joined WoT on a serious basis, and likewise I only came over to WOWS after hearing about the tie-in. There would be more converts to try WoWs once this server goes live.

And when all fails, at the very least, more people would know what poi means.

It is a start. I hope this thread is the start. I just am not as good at modding as my friends who painted ridiculous color GuP schemes on their Oorai tanks, but if I can stir up some interest, I hope this thread can lead to something bigger.

I think you weren't here when the first a-POI-calypse happened though... and when I mean first, I mean it wont be the last since the last would have stuff like adding Shiratsuyu or making Yuudachi a prem ship. the days where the chatbawks was filled with romaji and poi by parrots and "weebs" who don't know squat they speak of was one memory to note for CBT. hell there was even a Japanese artist that rage tweeted at morons who poi'd so hard in the game.

but as Retia said, the devs for KanColle are the second prospect atm to add more promotions and fanart (I think I saw an art of both Takao and Atago weeping at why they're not involved in WS. we can't blame them, they're simply too solid a cruiser to be in-game as of yet) and they ain't that shy about shaking hands with the RUdevs. if the game kicks off after what we the CBT guys did and are currently doing what we can to stabilize the shit out of the game even though it appears that our link to the RUdevs is still very much quiet, expect the APAC team, WG Japan and WGHQ to actively mascot Arpeggio first and if the game stands strong with good pop cap, it is then that talks will most likely begin so that the IJN will have their mascots.

Edited by EvyL

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

Aoki Hagane got dibs already here at WoWs (hence I got access on the Weekend test and Closed Beta tests) since most ship girls in Aoki Hagane has their physical forms unlike in Kantai collection kek~ :D

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I agree Arpeggio has a higher chance for a collab with WoWS than Kantai due to them having actual physical ship modes but who knows wait for them to surprise us :)