Sign in to follow this  
DanLBob

Royal Naval Ensign and the Union flag

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
73 posts
284 battles

So since the arrival of HMS Warspite and its announcement in open channels my thread on this topic has gone missing from the Beta section. Clearly WG is wanting me to take this issue to a wider audience so they can gain an insight to the mood of the player population.

The Warspite is in game now as the first British vessel and it is flying the Royal Naval Ensign. England/Britain engaged in empire building from the 1500's onwards and its navy was one of its chief instruments for projecting its power around the world\ and subjugating peoples so that their lands and resources could be exploited. Starting with the Irish, Scots and Welsh the English created Britain and this new "United Kingdom" proceeded to spread its tentacles across the globe with peoples as diverse as the Native Americans, African nations, Indian's, Chinese, Australian Aboriginals and South Sea Islanders all coming to rue the arival of ships flying this accursed flag or its predesesors. With policies that at times veered into genocide I feel that it is highly disrespectful to cultures touch negatively by British Imperialism that WG should include this reviled symbol in its game. I would invite people to send in support tickets detailing their objections to this move by WG.

Dan

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

my thread on this topic has gone missing from the Beta section. Clearly WG is wanting me to take this issue to a wider audience so they can gain an insight to the mood of the player population.

Wait...

WHAT?!!

Alpha Tester
73 posts
284 battles

Wait...

WHAT?!!

Well there was no warning or explanation for the thread disappearing so this is how I am choosing to interpret that.

Dan

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

after some "hmm", "mhmm" and "hmmm?"

all nations entered in ww2 also participated in the war so every one has a guilt of participated in ww2's genocides,then all naval flags will be changed . imperial japanese navy's flag was removed in the same reason due to some petitions. so if this will be implemented in british navy, then other naval flags will also be removed by petitions for the same reasons... well if the dev decides then we have no choice... well as long as i play wows,im fine.

let's see what will happen in this thread :popcorn:

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

So since the arrival of HMS Warspite and its announcement in open channels my thread on this topic has gone missing from the Beta section. Clearly WG is wanting me to take this issue to a wider audience so they can gain an insight to the mood of the player population.

The Warspite is in game now as the first British vessel and it is flying the Royal Naval Ensign. England/Britain engaged in empire building from the 1500's onwards and its navy was one of its chief instruments for projecting its power around the world\ and subjugating peoples so that their lands and resources could be exploited. Starting with the Irish, Scots and Welsh the English created Britain and this new "United Kingdom" proceeded to spread its tentacles across the globe with peoples as diverse as the Native Americans, African nations, Indian's, Chinese, Australian Aboriginals and South Sea Islanders all coming to rue the arival of ships flying this accursed flag or its predesesors. With policies that at times veered into genocide I feel that it is highly disrespectful to cultures touch negatively by British Imperialism that WG should include this reviled symbol in its game. I would invite people to send in support tickets detailing their objections to this move by WG.

Dan

Its not gne missing, its in the locked threads section http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4454-royal-naval-ensign-and-union-flag/.

This thread will join it.

Dont make another one.

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia

Edited by AALG