You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lymark

NA or Asia server?

34 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3 posts
9 battles

I live in Asia, used to play in NA WOT like 3 years ago. AFAIK, the quality of SEA players ain't as good as NA, and people in SEA tend to play individually rather than teamwork. Not to mention that there will be so many different languages being spoken in SEA. The only pros of playing in Asia sever is that, I'll have low ping and local friends to play with.

I'm still on the fence on where to go for. Should I pick NA for more proportion of English speakers + more teamwork with  a downside of very high ping, or Asia server where I'd be having low ping but probably have lesser good quality of players to play with?

To those who lives in Asia and played both servers, what's your thought?

P.S I might have sounded rude regarding to Asia server stuff,but don't get me wrong here. I just wanna get the best gaming experience as much as possible.

Edited by Lymark

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

Asia: good 60 FPS nice ping not really lag

NA: 30 FPS master race, sometime u see a ship stop then moving at the speed of light to dodge your bullet

10/10 visit RU next

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Asia players and Na players is different, and the gameplay is depending how you do it. I think both is good.

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

NA: 30 FPS master race, sometime u see a ship stop then moving at the speed of light to dodge your bullet

10/10 visit RU next

10/10

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Some of them are rude, others, sometimes are not as bad as others.

Welp, none are perfect ^^ let's just enjoy the game and get along well :D

ahaha. Thug life.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

ahaha played once in eu in wows, after sinking mostly some enemy ships in low tiers, i asked if anyone is playing from asia since im from it then tons of "ching chong" flooded the chat(i dont even know that meaning since i dont speak speak chinese or japanese or whatever). then play on asia server, when you chat, you will be flooded by "poi"s instead... huge difference hahaha 

but yeah, some blood thirsty players only goes for the kill rather than teamplay and objectives while good players suffers from other players un-cooperativeness 

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

ahaha played once in eu in wows, after sinking mostly some enemy ships in low tiers, i asked if anyone is playing from asia since im from it then tons of "ching chong" flooded the chat

EU quality right there, meanwhile here in ASIA.

[][][]+555

Poi poi poi

Poiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

+555[][][][][]

B*bo

Put*ng i*a ka

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

[][][]+555

Poi poi poi

+555[][][][][]

B*bo

Put*ng i*a ka

typical :D

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

[][][]+555

Poi poi poi

+555[][][][][]

B*bo

Put*ng i*a ka

You missed out cao ni ma :v

Anyway, to OP, there was no real difference between NA gameplay and Asia gameplay for WoT besides an additional 100-200ms of latency. I don't really expect WoWS to be any different.

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

You missed out cao ni ma :v

Anyway, to OP, there was no real difference between NA gameplay and Asia gameplay for WoT besides an additional 100-200ms of latency. I don't really expect WoWS to be any different.

10/10 visit RU next

u and i are on same page

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Put*ng i*a ka

hahaha haven't i've seen something like that but i've seen some "put tank in a mall" and "sa laro ka lang magaling, suntukan nalang(your only good  in game, lets just fist fight)" didn't know that theres some other filipinos playing in that match as well. typical haha XD

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

hahaha haven't i've seen something like that but i've seen some "put tank in a mall" and "sa laro ka lang magaling, suntukan nalang(your only good  in game, lets just fist fight)" didn't know that theres some other filipinos playing in that match as well. typical haha XD

don't forget that they can only fight you with the D word. :E

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,502 battles

ahh yes, that M3 Lee inside a mall... poor tank.:unsure:

Beta Tester
33 posts

You say that, but every day there will be someone who doesn't know what poi is. And I have to educate them the message of poi... With burning love of course.

Beta Tester
60 posts
561 battles

Stay on asia server for the good ping. A good ping means your health is at care, you're more likely to get frustrated when playing with high ping. As for the playerbase.. things will change, my friend. Mark my words. *screen blacks out*

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

Odd... Asia players do better in all the World of Tank Tournies... but what do i know

Because E-sport players bear an uncanny resemblance to pubplayers :trollface:.    Coordination/teamwork -V- herding cats.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

As the game will be free to play maybe you could try both servers when the full game is released and make up your own mind as to which you prefer.

Edited by Pinnacul

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I would say stick to the lower ping server, you wouldn't want ships dodging your shots with a troll face.

Edited by Halken_Sky

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

I live in Asia, used to play in NA WOT like 3 years ago. AFAIK, the quality of SEA players ain't as good as NA, and people in SEA tend to play individually rather than teamwork. Not to mention that there will be so many different languages being spoken in SEA. The only pros of playing in Asia sever is that, I'll have low ping and local friends to play with.

I'm still on the fence on where to go for. Should I pick NA for more proportion of English speakers + more teamwork with  a downside of very high ping, or Asia server where I'd be having low ping but probably have lesser good quality of players to play with?

To those who lives in Asia and played both servers, what's your thought?

P.S I might have sounded rude regarding to Asia server stuff,but don't get me wrong here. I just wanna get the best gaming experience as much as possible.

I choose NA

3 posts
1,203 battles

NA server already has more Premium ships avail than SEA   what gives with this?

How can I change to NA?   I've only played a few games so far with wow.     I have 15000 wot games on SEA and played for a year previously on NA.  I moved to SEA because my clan did with the idea ping would be better (here in Australia)  ping turned out to be the same for us and the specials are much less on the SEA server.  If I'm starting a new game I would prefer NA.

Thank you

Chris

Edited by v2rocketeer

112 posts
1,613 battles

I have always played with Japanese people an had the time of my life in MMO's. very formal till they get to know you, an know your not a rude... xyz countryman... :p But seriously, I found NA servers to be grievers, rude hate speech spamming... (not all obviously). Sadly on Asian servers, none talks to me so I cant really comment lol

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

NA Chat and Forum are more "Toxic", but the playerbase is better (In general) - and slightly better teamwork than SEA.

SEA are a bit worse in terms of player quality, but the forum and the chat are much more friendly. BTW the welfare is pretty Meh here as well.

But in the end if I was you I will look into Ping first. You don't want to be put at an disadvantage in any Online game.

Edited by Alvin1020