You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

buying tokens

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

if you buy tokens now , do you have them now , and them get them again when it goes live ?

idk man, all i know when u buy Warspite with the tokens it will return to you 7.500 tokens

View PostIsokaze_Sensei, on 28 April 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/welcome-warspite/

Like the Yamato and Iowa class battleships, the HMS Warspite of the Royal Navy is a true legend matched only by the power of her revolutionary, “war spitting” 15 inch guns. We are therefore proud to announce HMS Warspite is coming to World of Warships as the first vessel of the British Navy in the game.

The next update, Version 0.3.0.6, will be patching in the HMS Warspite as a purchasable and playable warship. A brief server maintenance will therefore take place on 29th April @ 05:00 UTC+8, and will last for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.

The ship will be anchored here from 29th April until the end of closed beta phase and will set you back 7,500 Tokens.

Beta Tester
146 posts
312 battles

Did the Warspite already comin?

Yes is now in game and can be bought for 7,500 tokens.  All re-credited to the players in gold/Doubloons  when the OBT hits as with other premium purchases.

Edited by MARVinis

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Its a shame that the Warspite is unbelievably under powered.... just compare it to others of its own tier, then to ones at tier 5, it just does not seem worth it.

Anyway, to answer your question,

The idea is that if you are already playing the game, you get the tokens now, and then when the game goes into open beta, you get all of the tokens back again.

If you have used those tokens to buy a premium ship, i do not know yet if 

• you get the tokens back and lose the ship
  • you keep the ship, but do not get the tokens back, or
  • if you get both.

Its highly unlikely that you will get both, but it would be awesome if you did :)

If you are NOT already playing the game, then everything you buy now, you will get when the game goes into open beta.

Edited by Cyanide7662

Beta Tester
146 posts
312 battles

Its a shame that the Warspite is unbelievably under powered.... just compare it to others of its own tier, then to ones at tier 5, it just does not seem worth it.

The idea is that if you are already playing the game, you get the tokens now, and then when the game goes into open beta, you get all of the tokens back again.

• if you get both.

Its highly unlikely that you will get both, but it would be awesome if you did :)

If you are NOT already playing the game, then everything you buy now, you will get when the game goes into open beta.

I believe it was if you bought the premium ships in the in game store you lose the ship but get the tokens back as gold.

The Pre-order ships will remain in your port along with all premium time 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

• if you get both.

I believe it was if you bought the premium ships in the in game store you lose the ship but get the tokens back as gold.

The Pre-order ships will remain in your port along with all premium time 

Anything purchased with real dollars at the premium shop will be re-credited as it was purchased to your account after any hard wipe.

Anything you purchased in game using said currency will be gone after any hard wipe.

Gift ships (Iwaki Alpha) will also be re-credited after any hard wipe.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Okay so i;

• Keep my Sims, Gremyashchy, Yubari and Iwaki after the reset for Open beta,
  • Get my 10,000-11,000 gold back from buying the Albany and Kitakami, converting free XP, demounting upgrades, retraining etc, and in turn,
  • Lose said Albany and Kitakami

Yes?

P.S, i have no regrets in buying that amount of gold, am highly enjoying the game :) (even in its current state)

P.P.S, My god the Albany is utterly terrible!!!!!!........................ looks fancy though.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Okay so i;

• Get my 10,000-11,000 gold back from buying the Albany and Kitakami, converting free XP, demounting upgrades, retraining etc, and in turn,

Yes?

P.S, i have no regrets in buying that amount of gold, am highly enjoying the game :) (even in its current state)

P.P.S, My god the Albany is utterly terrible!!!!!!........................ looks fancy though.

That's it :)

basically you get to use the doubloons twice and can try out the in-game premium ships for what will actually suit you.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Okay so i;

Yes?

Correct.. Everything, stats, crew, slots, etc will be wiped at the end of Closed Beta. When Open Beta starts, you will have the standard account + any pre-order ships + any Alpha/beta testers gift ship + any purchased tokens (who will at that time change name to Doubloons).

Buying a preorder ship or preorder package of Tokens/doubloons during CBT, means you get to play with them twice, so to speak. Once in CBT, and then again in OBT.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Wait, standard account? was under the impression that the 120 days premium i have/had will also be returned?

Also "Alpha/Beta testers gift ship"? so there IS a Beta gift ship that isnt the Iwaki Alpha???

Edited by Cyanide7662

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

If you have premium from one of the packages that will be recredited.

As for a Beta ship - there normally is - we all have to wait and see what it may be and the conditions attached.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Just wanted to clear that up. Actually bought the Gremyashchy one week, then caved and bought the trio package hahaha (I REGRET NOTHING!!!)

Would love to know what it is to be honest. Hope its not the Bismarck.... that would be a very bad move on WGs behalf. Not to put ideas in their heads, but its that famous, everyone would want one which makes it a big cash-cow.

As long as its a fun ship to play like the Mighty Watermelon Alpha, ill be happy :)

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Most likely a tier 3, 5 or 6 ship.  I'd put the Bismarck class as a nominal tier 8 .

KV-220T for Asia Beta Testers - Tier 5

M4A2E4 for NA/EU Beta Testers  - Tier 5

PZV/IV Alpha NA/EU Alpha Testers - Tier 6

Etc

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Most likely a tier 3, 5 or 6 ship.  I'd put the Bismarck class as a nominal tier 8 .

KV-220T for Asia Beta Testers - Tier 5

M4A2E4 for NA/EU Beta Testers  - Tier 5

PZV/IV Alpha NA/EU Alpha Testers - Tier 6

Etc

PzKpfw IV/V Alpha tanks was not a gift for Alpha testers. It was a gift for community contributors who had done things for WG during Alpha/Closed Beta/Open Beta. Moderators, Wiki Editors, Newsletter Editors and Translators got one.  Alpha testers, unless they were among those 4 groups, did not get one. Only 300 in total were given out, across NA and EU after release. And yes, I have one on my WoT account.