Sign in to follow this  
Rymskey

Proposal regarding the Rising-Sun flag

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
214 battles

Currently, the Rising Sun flag has been replaced by Japanese flag because of the specific people who hates things that 's related to Japan.

But the Rising Sun flag does not have the negative meaning as those "specific people" claims, and it's being used as official flag for Japanese Maritime Self Defense Forces now.

Therefore, the removal of Rising Sun flag is not reasonable at all.

However, those "people" will keep complaining if the flag comes back, so I suggest to add a option "do not indicate any flag on the ship". Then they can hide what they don't like, and rest of us can play the game with correct flag on the ship.

Isn't it much more fair?

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Currently, the Rising Sun flag has been replaced by Japanese flag because of the specific people who hates things that 's related to Japan.

But the Rising Sun flag does not have the negative meaning as those "specific people" claims, and it's being used as official flag for Japanese Maritime Self Defense Forces now.

Therefore, the removal of Rising Sun flag is not reasonable at all.

However, those "people" will keep complaining if the flag comes back, so I suggest to add a option "do not indicate any flag on the ship". Then they can hide what they don't like, and rest of us can play the game with correct flag on the ship.

Isn't it much more fair?

no

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

i like it but the devs already agreed not to use it. also from this thread, user warned for disputing dev's decision http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/3171-lets-rebirth-the-navy-flag-of-japanese-rising-sun-in-world-of-warships/

22 posts

Rising Sun flag would be nice, and I couldn't agree more, JMSDF really does use it still as their flag.

Wish to see it soon in the game, that is, if I could even get through the contests for CBT keys, . . .

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Rising Sun flag would be nice, and I couldn't agree more, JMSDF really does use it still as their flag.

Wish to see it soon in the game, that is, if I could even get through the contests for CBT keys, . . .

please tell why this Rising-Sun is "nice"

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

please tell why this Rising-Sun is "nice"

They have YUMMAH TOE

Isn't nice if your country have some revenge feeling after get "Colonized" so brutally

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
1,679 posts

YUMMAH TOE?

yes. along with its SOOPAH SPEHSS SHEEP variant.

iirc the whole "the Rising Sun used by the IJN on WWII? HELLZ NO!" thing for APAC is treated the same way as Germans with the Swastika flag.

although for Germany, there actually two ensigns they got: one in WWI where it nearly looked similar to the WWI Royal Navy ensign and the other used by the Kreigsmarine in WWII.

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

So, is this topic disputing too?

Edited by Ratdoto

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Random player: We want the Rising Sun flag!

WoWs Devs:

Cmiel5U.gif

Lol. devs rules ( or forum rules)

Beta Tester
146 posts
470 battles

While this thread is still open and while we are still talking about flags.

What do you suppose they'll use as a substitute for the flag for the Kriegsmarine's ships when they eventually get added?

Edited by MARVinis

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Has been diiscussed and explained before. Please use the search function before making threads about topics.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/1286-japanese-ships-naval-flag/page__pid__12145#entry12145

Thread closed. 

/AALG

Moderation team, WoWS Asia