Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LiquidM4

So you want to play Atlanta?

13 comments in this topic

[PEEDZ]
Beta Tester
24 posts
1,069 battles

Better get used to this every game, paper machè turrets, one 203mm HE shell and you'll probably lose two in one shot. :|

Apart from that, its not a bad ship, if you like playing a heavy destroyer. When can we get the dual purpose AA ammunition for the 127mm?

shot-15.04.28_16.54.57-0033.jpg

Edited by LiquidM4

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

I hide behind islands and keep going back and forth in this ship. It can dish out huge damage unless someone hits you. Plus the earnings are so high. 5-6 games and you can gross a million easily.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I hide behind islands and keep going back and forth in this ship. 

This...is a terrible way to play ships in general, and the Atlanta in particular. Atlanta is capable of incredible DPM, especially setting fires with HE shells. I've killed an Amagi in straight-up combat at point-blank range (idiot tried a parallel engagement at 4km, he ate four torps and took something like 100 hits - while only managing to take out half my health in return). You want to be in a position to rain shells down on targets *constantly*, not poking in and out of "cover".

[PEEDZ]
Beta Tester
24 posts
1,069 battles

Agree. Atlanta is not a peekaboo ship, it doesn't have the maneuverability or the concealment ability.

Alpha Tester
87 posts
3,595 battles

I hide behind islands and keep going back and forth in this ship. It can dish out huge damage unless someone hits you. Plus the earnings are so high. 5-6 games and you can gross a million easily.

sweet baby jesus so you are one of those guys huh,makes me cringe when i see that kind of stuff going on :(

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

There are no ships that are peekaboo ships, unless we somehow get Monitors in the game.

You called, sire? *shot*

opHOAHu.jpg

sweet baby jesus so you are one of those guys huh,makes me cringe when i see that kind of stuff going on

Makes me happy when people in the other team do that.

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

At least this ship doesn't seem as bad as WoT's Löwe... imagine a premium vehicle that fails at every aspect of being a tank except being a total failure (horrible armor, horrible speed, horrible dpm). 

Well anyway, just a question, do you guys think Atlanta would stay on the in game shop? I mean based on the YT vids I'm watching, if Atlanta isn't being shot at, it can cause some seriously OP dpm.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

We'll see what happens after 0.3.1. The Atlanta is basically mounting destroyer guns, after all. It's currently *too* effective against battleships and cruisers, and an armour update might nerf it pretty bad.

[PEEDZ]
Beta Tester
24 posts
1,069 battles

As i see it, it should be removed from in game an only be a reward ship. Its too good to be an in game tech tree premium. Its not that op at all though. Its armour and turret survivability are horrible, it also only has 11.1km gun range which is pretty poor. HP is not very high either. The only way it is op is if someone is stupid enough to close to less than 6km with you by themselves and with no support.

Sign in to follow this