You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeepDark_Fantasy

slow/laggy server?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
2,060 battles

I dont know bout your internet connection with wow, I live in New Zealand with optical fiber (100mbps), however in game the average ping is around 210. It's just frustrating with so much excitement after pre-purchase your ships only see them constantly teleporting in battles if not disconnected just before a kill...

maybe an oceanic/australia server is needed? maybe a separate server for a separate continent make sense? or maybe smooth gameplay is just too much to ask... :(

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

I dont know bout your internet connection with wow, I live in New Zealand with optical fiber (100mbps), however in game the average ping is around 210. It's just frustrating with so much excitement after pre-purchase your ships only see them constantly teleporting in battles if not disconnected just before a kill...

maybe an oceanic/australia server is needed? maybe a separate server for a separate continent make sense? or maybe smooth gameplay is just too much to ask... :(

Separate server is a bit too much to ask actually. Also, I don't think 210 ping is that bad, especially for this game. I used to play fine with 300ms+ ping WoT before.

[BRU]
2,725 posts

Did you try pingtest to the WoT Asia server? I did run pingtest to WoT Asia server and still bad ping though.... 200+ with Christmas lights.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,925 battles

from experience this is playable at upwards of 750ms ping (not great but you can play).

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

from experience [...] 750ms [...]

Holy cow, that's some real persistence right there.

Talking about ping, mine dropped from ~200ms constant red light to ~100ms and 50% lag after the recent update. Or it could be that my ISP got his *cough* stuff together and fixed the routing (TransACT, Canberra).

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,925 battles

I was in the Solomon Islands for 3 weeks - steady at ~720ms, not great but definitely playable (unlike WoT).  at ~800ms and greater it was unplayable.

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,926 battles

ATM:- Asia server 200-260 bouncing & constant lag.

and on the NA server 160-200 with no lag.