You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeepDark_Fantasy

slow/laggy server?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
2,060 battles

I dont know bout your internet connection with wow, I live in New Zealand with optical fiber (100mbps), however in game the average ping is around 210. It's just frustrating with so much excitement after pre-purchase your ships only see them constantly teleporting in battles if not disconnected just before a kill...

maybe an oceanic/australia server is needed? maybe a separate server for a separate continent make sense? or maybe smooth gameplay is just too much to ask... :(

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I dont know bout your internet connection with wow, I live in New Zealand with optical fiber (100mbps), however in game the average ping is around 210. It's just frustrating with so much excitement after pre-purchase your ships only see them constantly teleporting in battles if not disconnected just before a kill...

maybe an oceanic/australia server is needed? maybe a separate server for a separate continent make sense? or maybe smooth gameplay is just too much to ask... :(

Separate server is a bit too much to ask actually. Also, I don't think 210 ping is that bad, especially for this game. I used to play fine with 300ms+ ping WoT before.

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

from experience [...] 750ms [...]

Holy cow, that's some real persistence right there.

Talking about ping, mine dropped from ~200ms constant red light to ~100ms and 50% lag after the recent update. Or it could be that my ISP got his *cough* stuff together and fixed the routing (TransACT, Canberra).

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I was in the Solomon Islands for 3 weeks - steady at ~720ms, not great but definitely playable (unlike WoT).  at ~800ms and greater it was unplayable.