You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

matchmaking is a bit of an issue at the moment

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

anyone else in low tiers getting thrown into high tier games . 

i have a friend who just started playing , so i jumped down to tier 4 to play with him , we get put against tier 7-8 ships .......and die in 1 salvo 

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

"This is beta"™ means not having enough players to form proper teams with ±1 (2?) tier spread. Just have to deal with it for now.

Beta Tester
146 posts
352 battles

"This is beta"™ means not having enough players to form proper teams with ±1 (2?) tier spread. Just have to deal with it for now.

^

This

If you can't deal with it go play co-op battles. 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

when i play , there is enough players , you can see them in the list , but i think you right they are just throwing anyone in games , hopefully they will fix it before release. 
Edited by kongman

Beta Tester
146 posts
352 battles

when i play , there is enough players , you can see them in the list , but i think you right they are just throwing anyone in games , hopefully they will fix it before release. 

It is a feature of the match maker. There may have not been enough players on Tier 7-8 so the MM put you there. 

I am pretty sure WoWS Match maker is modeled after WoT's match maker. 

Edited by MARVinis

Beta Tester
4 posts

That is a easy out many time i see well enough player in the same tier but yet we get a vast range. its not Beta, its idiotic 

Beta Tester
146 posts
352 battles

That is a easy out many time i see well enough player in the same tier but yet we get a vast range. its not Beta, its idiotic 

You are not the only one playing. There are other people playing on other tier spreads. If the Match maker cannot find balanced a match for those in a certain amount then it will randomly put anything into the match to make it complete regardless of tier spread and or balance.  

There may very well be enough in your tier spread tier 3-5 or tier 4-6 but not enough higher like 6-8 or 7-9 

Edited by MARVinis

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Sometimes if some higher tier have no equal on their tier in queue then they try to check in lower tier, sometimes the one that messing the mm is the big gap divisions as far as i remembering...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Sometimes if some higher tier have no equal on their tier in queue then they try to check in lower tier, sometimes the one that messing the mm is the big gap divisions as far as i remembering...

it's because it's still Closed Beta wiith limited Player

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

Mix tier of ships doesn't worry me.

On the other hand I have now had battles where MM as pitted 4v4, 3v3, 2v2 and twice 1v1. Playing a aircraft carrier (tier 4) vs tier 4 destroyer, was no fun at all.

Alpha Tester
107 posts
458 battles

Mix tier of ships doesn't worry me.

I dont think you'll stay calm when you find out that there is only one tier 6 CV on your team and two tier 8 CV on the other side...

that would be totally disaster

Beta Tester
4 posts

I dont think you'll stay calm when you find out that there is only one tier 6 CV on your team and two tier 8 CV on the other side...

Try being in the Tier IV carrier vs two tier VII see how much fun that is game after game, when one of their fighter groups wipes out every single plane you have and there is nothing you can do about it. but you can bet the people going its beta are the one's in the high tier.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

oh my way to the essex i currently have i have played through so many unbalanced MM games that i lost count the last few I can still remember is playing as a lexington vs 2 Essex. But since this is beta and they expanded the tier function for the MM so there are more games played, i suggest to just keep to yourself and endure.

Beta Tester
33 posts

Are we supposed to have 1 or 2 tier spread? Cos from the markings on the table it looks like its supposed to be a 1 tier spread by default but for sake of beta its now at a 3+.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

anyone else in low tiers getting thrown into high tier games . 

i have a friend who just started playing , so i jumped down to tier 4 to play with him , we get put against tier 7-8 ships .......and die in 1 salvo 

Where you by any chance in a tier 6 ship, when you divisioned up with your friend ?

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

Try being in a match with 5 heavys on your side, 3 on the other with 2 cv's, and more ships (DD 4, Cru 3) than mine. Happened in my Nagato.

MM needs to be fixed for matches where your side or other our not only sre out numbered, but have a better ship loadout

Edited by Tarrell

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Try being in a match with 5 heavys on your side, 3 on the other with 2 cv's, and more ships (DD 4, Cru 3) than mine. Happened in my Nagato.

MM needs to be fixed for matches where your side or other our not only sre out numbered, but have a better ship loadout

MM is in open state at the moment to allow for more games to occur. When WG have finished collecting the data they need, they will switch MM to normal.

This is yet another thread that needs to die off as people are too lazy to read.

Beta Tester
661 posts
3,532 battles

Its still CBT. ( Closed Beta Test ) What do you expect? This is not World of Tanks you know.

But i wonder why there's 800 peeps in Main Menu when there's 25 peeps in waiting room. If not they commentary or wasting their time. But i see their POInt.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Its still CBT. ( Closed Beta Test ) What do you expect? This is not World of Tanks you know.

But i wonder why there's 800 peeps in Main Menu when there's 25 peeps in waiting room. If not they commentary or wasting their time. But i see their POInt.

the idea of closed beta is to test the game , bit hard to do when you get 1 shot 2 min into a game .