Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TakemoriKohoto

Kii but with secondary build ???

17 comments in this topic

[IWN]
265 posts
2,862 battles

well I mean Kii got those 100mm that can shoot pew pew HE right ?

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,642 posts
7,794 battles

Even with a full secondary build you only get 7.2km range.  Sure, its got 16 x 100mm and 8 x 140mm but even fully spec'ed they don't event exceed the BASE range of the KMBB's.

To quote LWM when she reviewed it. 

Kii's 100mm guns are unable to do direct damage to anything with more than 16mm worth of armour.  This utterly precludes them from doing damage to destroyers at tiers VIII+ short of lucky hits to their tiny superstructures.  This is a similar affliction affecting the 105mm German battleship secondaries.  Unlike the Germans, however, Kii has only a pittance of slow firing, 140mm AP-shooting casemate secondaries to back them up.  Combine this with a 5km range and the issues begin to compound.  The best that could be said about her secondaries is that they put out a withering torrent of fire and they are genuinely dangerous to light cruisers and destroyers at tiers VI and VII.  You might get lucky and set a couple of fires but they're certainly not going to stack damage in of themselves when you size up to brawl another capital ship.

• Cool 2

[151ST]
81 posts
2,394 battles
57 minutes ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

image.thumb.png.39d5ba01582c298864409cd9763c68a5.png

She's looking sexy, but then again I'm not sure if I really know what I'm looking at.

[151ST]
2,623 posts
10,466 battles

Ummmmmmm

I'm pretty sure they have way more than 16mm pen, I could be wrong but pretty sure that was prior to Kita/Haru, not to mention IFHE rework, etc.

But either way, secondary range is meh and IMO secondary specs are meh.

Yamato secondary meme was true secondary meme before KM even existed...

[4RSE]
317 posts
7,817 battles

Just had a look at KII in port, and this is weird. Look at the pen on the 100 mm guns, that can't be right ????

20200418213334_1.jpg

20200418213325_1.jpg

[151ST]
2,623 posts
10,466 battles

Yep so it was buffed along with the rest of the IJN 100s... I wasn't 100% but thought it was so (and not on my Computer so couldn't check).

You can thank Kita and Haru for that. IJN 100s get 30mm stock pen after IFHE rework. Basically they needed to stay at over 32mm with IFHE.

IFHE and secondary skills would mean Kii will melt enemy everything, just only within 7.2km or whatever it is. (I swear you could get that out further but can't be bothered to try).

Bad way to play the Kii though, go proper BB tank build and if the enemy gets close, torpedo them.

• Cool 1

[MALD]
63 posts
5,884 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Even with a full secondary build you only get 7.2km range.  Sure, its got 16 x 100mm and 8 x 140mm but even fully spec'ed they don't event exceed the BASE range of the KMBB's.

To quote LWM when she reviewed it. 

KMBBs isnt even the problem. The problem is the current META of long range exchanges and HE cancer everywhere. 

Even KMBBs cant tank and push (as they once used to). Armour is totally irrelevant to fire and HE spammers. 

Christ I missed the BETA Yamato secondary build days. 

• Cool 1

[TF44]
463 posts
20,434 battles

i almost always get cqc flag every time i bring up kii with yamamoto sec spec. strikes fear into unsuspecting dd or brawling bb. i wouldn't count so much on the torps since most would be expected to counter it anyway,

• Cool 1

[KMS-A]
291 posts
6,151 battles

That's the same gun on high tiered IJN DDS with increased pen.

I like the animation of IJN secondaries vs German. It feels quite powerful those single barrel. But the range is too too short.

Anyone has a secondary build Yamato?

[IWN]
265 posts
2,862 battles
18 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Yep so it was buffed along with the rest of the IJN 100s... I wasn't 100% but thought it was so (and not on my Computer so couldn't check).

You can thank Kita and Haru for that. IJN 100s get 30mm stock pen after IFHE rework. Basically they needed to stay at over 32mm with IFHE.

IFHE and secondary skills would mean Kii will melt enemy everything, just only within 7.2km or whatever it is. (I swear you could get that out further but can't be bothered to try).

Bad way to play the Kii though, go proper BB tank build and if the enemy gets close, torpedo them.

but it's viable right ?

[151ST]
2,623 posts
10,466 battles
12 minutes ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

but it's viable right ?

Anything is possible, it comes down to what's optimal or gets you consistently better results.

Objectively secondary builds are sub optimal in more situations than they are optimal.

I wouldn't recommend it, Kii is not designed as a secondary ship despite what we all may wish.

• Cool 1

[IWN]
265 posts
2,862 battles
10 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Anything is possible, it comes down to what's optimal or gets you consistently better results.

Objectively secondary builds are sub optimal in more situations than they are optimal.

I wouldn't recommend it, Kii is not designed as a secondary ship despite what we all may wish.

I mean I just had one of the weirdest battle out of the secondary build I had been trying out, so I aggressively push in and take out an DD with my secondary and kill and BB with the torpedo. To be honest the secondary build  is like an fun, unexpected thing to see in Kii, and people from times to times with always get caught off guard with such build 

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,502 battles

I have my Kii set up for Secondaries and it can be quite fun.

The problem is that like all Secondary ships, it is very situational and you need to know what you are doing.

You have to accept the fact that sometimes you will never get the opportunity to put those Secondaries to use, especially on Asia server where everybody camps.

[IWN]
265 posts
2,862 battles
6 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I have my Kii set up for Secondaries and it can be quite fun.

The problem is that like all Secondary ships, it is very situational and you need to know what you are doing.

You have to accept the fact that sometimes you will never get the opportunity to put those Secondaries to use, especially on Asia server where everybody camps.

true, especially the Asia server, but because they camp so much, when brawling they are just bad at it, even to the point of not knowing the Kii was armed with an 17k torpedo. And what funniest is that dd dont really know how to torp when they saw a battleship launch straight at them, i saw many time when they just pop smoke at 5-6 km behind island expecting me turning out or slowly reverse, but what I did was run toward them, and then at 2km the secondaries open up and well you could see what happen next, in less than 10 second, 8-10K of health just evaporate from the ship, I would say the secondaries are best use here in Asia  

[MALD]
63 posts
5,884 battles
On 4/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, sfcgx3 said:

That's the same gun on high tiered IJN DDS with increased pen.

I like the animation of IJN secondaries vs German. It feels quite powerful those single barrel. But the range is too too short.

Anyone has a secondary build Yamato?

On public test server lmao.

On live server engagements are almost guaranteed to be 15k+ plus 

Sign in to follow this