Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

New balance ideas

27 comments in this topic

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
313 posts
8,292 battles

The game has become so out of wack we need fresh suggestions of how to improve balance. Add your ideas to this list.

Bot accounts need a special dispersion so they can contribute more

Poisedon shall rise from the waters on the J line and randomly sink campers

BB commanders can call in a land based bomber strike

Soviet commander Yuri may call in space weapon strike or use a defensive teleportation to a random spot on the map

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[TLS]
4,181 posts
20,354 battles

My son, I give you my blessings. 

Also:

IJN ships call in supergravity cannons only if they are Yamato-class, Myoko-class and Kongo-class
Kuma classes get beefed up HP as a Klein field replacement
Also, IJN i-400 series of subs get turbo boost
American CVs get A-bomb strike
British BBs have a higher chance to Hoodanate
Germans get the broken rudder risk

• Funny 4

[CLAY]
2,834 posts
12,634 battles

Harekaze gets ability to attack subs with hydroplane.

Harekaze gets boarding party consumable which can damage other ships.

Ships with helipads get helicopters.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,431 posts
12,271 battles

No we need to make respawn a real thing!

Fear of dying? No more!  You come back, and avenge your own demise!

"If you sink, you respawn!" - USS Yorktown, Hornet, and Lexington, circa 20th century

1236290646_Enterprise(return).gif.5eaf7e1bf66b84e851f4a493e1eab59c.gif

• Cool 2

[KMS-A]
285 posts
6,055 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

No we need to make respawn a real thing!

Fear of dying? No more!  You come back, and avenge your own demise!

"If you sink, you respawn!" - USS Yorktown, Hornet, and Lexington, circa 20th century

1236290646_Enterprise(return).gif.5eaf7e1bf66b84e851f4a493e1eab59c.gif

Building on this, we should be able to select 3 of your ships and join the battle. One dead you can choose from the remaining, untill all 3 are dead.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,431 posts
12,271 battles
19 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

Building on this, we should be able to select 3 of your ships and join the battle. One dead you can choose from the remaining, untill all 3 are dead.

WoWp has a similar thing actually. The difference is you don't get to choose your other planes before the battle starts. You can only choose them after your first plane gets shot down. But there is a restriction that prevents you from choosing planes of different tiers which is a fair thing tbh.

So yes I don't see why WoWs cannot implement such a feature. Especially when the basic outline of the game's objectives are similar to WoWp (points, cap zones, etc.).

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,606 posts
10,419 battles

Giulio Cesare is the only ship that should be able to call a Kraken...

But she's too weak at the moment, probs bump her down to Tier 4.

• Funny 3

[CLAY]
129 posts
10,802 battles
6 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

WoWp has a similar thing actually. The difference is you don't get to choose your other planes before the battle starts. You can only choose them after your first plane gets shot down. But there is a restriction that prevents you from choosing planes of different tiers which is a fair thing tbh.

So yes I don't see why WoWs cannot implement such a feature. Especially when the basic outline of the game's objectives are similar to WoWp (points, cap zones, etc.).

WOWP has become an arcade game because of that and other changes. I used to love the original version, but since series 2 - I hardly ever play that. Don't encourage WG to do that to WOWS. Both WOT and WOWP suck, if you like playing real war games - and if you get sunk or shot down - you should stay dead, and maybe start another game. :Smile_playing:

• Funny 1

[AN-DO]
675 posts
9,922 battles
16 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Ships with helipads get helicopters.

Nah that would be too unbalanced, I'd suggest missile armed stealth combat drones instead.

Also Russian Sub line should get a gimmick - when they detonate it should actually be the reactor exploding so every ship in 20km gets sunk along with them, and that map becomes unplayable for a while. OP ships deserve OP detonations.

* I'd recommend never going in a div with drakon if he's playing that line. blauflamme22 is not responsible for any burns, poisoning or psychological harm that may result from this suggestion.

Edited by blauflamme22
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles

just put CIWS and AEGIS in this game.

At least for some SPECIAL people it is balanced.

Edited by spixys
  • Cool 2

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
635 posts
3,256 battles

I suggest that, considering historical portrayal like Denmark Strait, we must buff German Battleships by giving them special guided shell that can target enemy's ship and directly detonate them in one salvo. 

This gimmick would have special effects if the enemy locked is a T7 British Premium Battlecruiser, of which the effect would be sextupled. Oh and also beautiful fireworks display for good measure.

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 2

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles

Should just add gacha. So WG can scam gather their profit faster to reach their FY target.

And more new players can play first in tier 10.

Gift boxes for holiday seasons just don't add up :Smile_trollface:

It helps create more stress and frustration to the community so they can make more drama all over the place. :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by spixys

[IWN]
265 posts
2,862 battles

if you single handedly kill 4 enemy ship, you can call in an nuclear missile to your enemy position 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FORCE]
2,431 posts
12,271 battles
16 minutes ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

if you single handedly kill 4 enemy ship, you can call in an nuclear missile to your enemy position 

Make Gandhi a ship captain with that ability as his talent.:Smile_trollface:

TugIGzD-1.jpg.dc81f58fa921f08a40e145358a537c10.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TLS]
4,181 posts
20,354 battles
48 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Gandhi: Our words are backed with nuclear weapons!

Me: No Gandhi, your words are backed with A single nuclear weapon. Mine are backed with dozens of nuclear weapons. Your call.

• Funny 2

[151ST]
2,606 posts
10,419 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

TugIGzD-1.jpg.dc81f58fa921f08a40e145358a537c10.jpg

Wooooooaaaaaahhhh there, easy now...

We don't want to break the game, Ghandi would be unstoppable, the guy is RUTHLESS!

(For those out there wondering, if you play Civ, you'd understand)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
313 posts
8,292 battles

The xp/credit gain from just farming damage? How about XP for pinging the map continuously after you die?

On a side note, the Forums are crashing so often now i feel like there's an opportunity for a premium forum. 

[AN-DO]
675 posts
9,922 battles

@Tagnbag Not gonna bite, instead I'll bury that reply with a flood of replies here myself so nobody bothers reading it, you're playing with fire damn it, do you not realise what WG horrors you could unleash?

Edited by blauflamme22

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
313 posts
8,292 battles

I shall bury your bury with my new idea.

New currency in game.  "Tears" .  You could get tears for extra stupid deaths or the entire team can earn tears if it's losing a steam roll game.  Maybe say if you lose with 3 or less kills to your team. Also complaints on Reddit would get "Tears" proportional to the amount of follow on.  "Tears" could be redeemed for in-game "Crybaby" flag and extra bad karma points to give out, enough for you to take karma off everybody for the entire day.

With enough "Tears" you could earn "Tear buckets" which extinguish fires on your ship but with a chance of causing a flood.

Also for the really determined player you could save up for a "Rage" module (maybe put this behind RB?) that lets you delete any one member of either team, once per game.  The deleted person would then receive some compensation, in the form of "Tears" .

The author accepts no responsibility for this post and this is no way reflects the thoughts or policy of anybody, ever. Unless WG like the idea and want to hire. 

Side note: Stannis is the one true king. (after Stalin) oh (and the Grand Nagus)

• Funny 3

4,863 posts
8,859 battles
35 minutes ago, Tagnbag said:

New currency in game.  "Tears" .  You could get tears for extra stupid deaths or the entire team can earn tears if it's losing a steam roll game.  Maybe say if you lose with 3 or less kills to your team. Also complaints on Reddit would get "Tears" proportional to the amount of follow on.  "Tears" could be redeemed for in-game "Crybaby" flag and extra bad karma points to give out, enough for you to take karma off everybody for the entire day.

With enough "Tears" you could earn "Tear buckets" which extinguish fires on your ship but with a chance of causing a flood.

Also for the really determined player you could save up for a "Rage" module (maybe put this behind RB?) that lets you delete any one member of either team, once per game.  The deleted person would then receive some compensation, in the form of "Tears" .

Hold your horses there mate, not before WG add "Salt" as a resource first.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

37 posts
16,103 battles

WG will introduce Thundersub in patch 9.8. It's basically a CV that can go under water, fly into space, and has 27 inch energy weapons. It's gonna be a T6 Russian CA with BB armor and DD surface concealment.

• Cool 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
313 posts
8,292 battles
On 4/29/2020 at 7:13 PM, UltimaBasti said:

WG will introduce Thundersub in patch 9.8. It's basically a CV that can go under water, fly into space, and has 27 inch energy weapons. It's gonna be a T6 Russian CA with BB armor and DD surface concealment.

Finally, a decent Soviet ship !

Sign in to follow this