Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sdrgio

Will Montana be obsolete until a new meta?

7 comments in this topic

7 posts
1,111 battles

The Montana, only tier X (for me) is useless in the current meta. Unless you get lucky matchmaking putting you as one of 2 or 4 Tier 10s in a given game, you'd be lucky to survive 5-6 minutes without getting burned to death by the swathes of cruisers with the same if not more range than you, or if you're lucky farmed by a Yamato, Thunderer or Conqueror from 25km-It also doesn't help that the Kremlin (it's Russian) can shoot straight through perfectly angled side armor for some reason. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to avoid this and not loose hundreds of thousands of credits - I'd be open to hearing them. 

The fact that I can do well in mixed tier matches but abysmally in Tier X games tells me that it's not me entirely, but the ship. I'm not even getting more than a few salvoes off before dying to fire, and the sheer lack of targets tells me its just extremely difficult for the Montana to survive in the current meta. Hell, the Zao just bombs you for 8k then disappears at a 12-13km range!

So any ideas when the Montana will be less reliant on matchmaking to be actually good?

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,575 posts
26,552 battles
35 minutes ago, sdrgio said:

The Montana, only tier X (for me) is useless in the current meta. Unless you get lucky matchmaking putting you as one of 2 or 4 Tier 10s in a given game, you'd be lucky to survive 5-6 minutes without getting burned to death by the swathes of cruisers with the same if not more range than you, or if you're lucky farmed by a Yamato, Thunderer or Conqueror from 25km-It also doesn't help that the Kremlin (it's Russian) can shoot straight through perfectly angled side armor for some reason. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to avoid this and not loose hundreds of thousands of credits - I'd be open to hearing them. 

The fact that I can do well in mixed tier matches but abysmally in Tier X games tells me that it's not me entirely, but the ship. I'm not even getting more than a few salvoes off before dying to fire, and the sheer lack of targets tells me its just extremely difficult for the Montana to survive in the current meta. Hell, the Zao just bombs you for 8k then disappears at a 12-13km range!

So any ideas when the Montana will be less reliant on matchmaking to be actually good?

correction, montana scales to player skill, she has one of the lowest skill floors in the game but one of the highest skill ceilings

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,187 posts
20,354 battles

I cannot say anything about Montana as I do not have one but I can say this: Kremlin is pure soviet bias. Turrets greased with unlimited WD40. Punches harder than Yamato. Proper driving will make you invincible to AP. Silky handling _What lack of AA?_

• Funny 3

[LBAS]
4,893 posts
11,005 battles

Aghh I don't take any of explanation

I being citdel and try turning  away but teammate try to torp bot CV and headshot me instead

shot-20.04.17_01.38.42-0140.jpg

I'm a FOOL

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[SLAVA]
429 posts
7,206 battles
4 hours ago, sdrgio said:

Hello @sdrgio.

I recognize you are quite a new player, just starting WoWs at the beginning of this year? World of Warships is not an easy game and you have progressed to Tier 10 very quickly. I also saw your recent post asking about how to play Tier 10.

Looking at your performance statistics and going off your statement you might be dying too early due to not properly reading the game situation and putting yourself in a vulnerable position. It is hard to say. I am willing to help you, but just going off those values it is difficult to make a clear judgement. If you want, you can upload replays of your Montana gameplay, ideally just normal games, to say... https://replayswows.com/ and I can watch them and evaluate them.

Keep in mind there is a lot of game sense that needs to be developed to be good at this game, and although I think Montana is a good ship still, she in particular is a very balanced BB that is versatile but does not have clear cut strengths. Learning will take time but I am glad you asked for help, though I do not approve of jumping to blaming the ship or meta.

Edited by InterconKW
  • Cool 1

7 posts
1,111 battles

Oh how the turn tables...

Immediately after writing this post I had a game with 2 Smolensk and a couple other typical cancer boats - 150k damage 3 kills and a hard carry for the team.

Sign in to follow this