Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

Random Rant - Wargaming; why are you so bad at this?

39 comments in this topic

[151ST]
2,618 posts
10,442 battles

G'day Folks,

A new video is up, it's a Random Rant with a focus on 0.9.3; Research Bureau, Legendaries, Moskva and just generally Wargamings handling of things.

Edit - added Reddit link

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[COG]
Beta Tester
69 posts
5,278 battles

why not just post it up in text?

[151ST]
2,618 posts
10,442 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Hess said:

why not just post it up in text?

Because some folks would rather not leave the forum page and watch it embedded here and because it generally looks better than a blue hyperlink...

If you mean the whole rant; because I enjoy making videos and folks like watching them.

Edited by S4pp3R

[COG]
Beta Tester
69 posts
5,278 battles
Just now, S4pp3R said:

Because some folks would rather not leave the forum page and watch it embedded here and because it generally looks better than a blue hyperlink...

No not the link lol, the rant 😉

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,837 posts
12,635 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Hess said:

No not the link lol, the rant 😉

Because typing takes more effort than speaking.

And while he can get away with swearing in a linked vid, he’d have to censor like mad or risk getting banned if he posted it in text.

And the lack of swearing would ruin the experience.

• Cool 3

[151ST]
2,618 posts
10,442 battles
14 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

And while he can get away with swearing in a linked vid, he’d have to censor like mad or risk getting banned if he posted it in text.

In my defence, there is a language warning...

I mean sure even that has something bleeped out... but...

:cap_haloween:

4,876 posts
8,859 battles

Naval Trash Cove/Russian Bonefire has always been a whale bait to me. "You sit on too much Credit and FXP? Regrind lines, suckers!" Oh-hai-oh is rather popular in Competitive, but who gives an F about Colbert? Turn those ships into Steel and selling Steel campaign makes even more money, because people actually want to pay for that kind of thing.

I'm not bothered with not getting Nevskii if I don't research Mockba before the split, but Nevskii not even researched if Mockba is researched prior to the split is a move worth flipping the bird. Multiple birds. All the birds.

Compensate for those who bought Mockba's perma camo before the splits. All perma camos, actually.

Also, making bad German ships makes WG missed out on a metric ton of money.

The thing is, WG are aware of all of this. ALL OF THIS. The commentaries in Detective Kleberot? Streams? They know, but don't really care.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
4,199 posts
20,354 battles
55 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

selling Steel campaign makes even more money

I r willing to buy.

Actually, selling steel had minimal uproar apart from noisy people that wanted steel to be so exclusive and by extension, the steel ships to be limited to the 0.1%

• Cool 1

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,639 posts
18,214 battles

hahaha good one  love the video WG really have no idea at all

I haven't spent money on this game in over  2 years and will never spend a cent on it ever again lol

I mean why would you spend money on a rigged over controlled RNG base game anyway??

lol

the game really is the biggest scam in the world.

I feel pity for anyone who spends money on this rigged game 

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
1,815 posts
3,503 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

i think making videos and edit it have more effort compared to typing.... and upload it then post it on forum

11 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

WG obviously KNOW, they are not that stupid after all.... they use the spreadsheet. spreadsheet never lie, but WG did lie what is written on spreadsheet

the problem is, STUBBORN... the fact that WG can produce more monies by selling German ship, YET they didnt do it....

spreadsheet saying people dont like Russian ship.... yet....

Edited by Skarhabek
  • Cool 1

[151ST]
2,618 posts
10,442 battles
49 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I r willing to buy.

Actually, selling steel had minimal uproar apart from noisy people that wanted steel to be so exclusive and by extension, the steel ships to be limited to the 0.1%

Yeah I don't have an issue with this, particularly when there's OP steel ships (Stalingrad) that just mean that pros get more advantages.

18 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

I haven't spent money on this game in over  2 years and will never spend a cent on it ever again lol

I mean why would you spend money on a rigged over controlled RNG base game anyway??

lol

the game really is the biggest scam in the world.

I feel pity for anyone who spends money on this rigged game 

WB yobbo!!!!

Yeah my spending is highly limited now, ever since PR-squared fiasco...

I would happily return to whale status if they would be fairer and better with their content/features...

• Cool 1

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,639 posts
18,214 battles
18 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Yeah I don't have an issue with this, particularly when there's OP steel ships (Stalingrad) that just mean that pros get more advantages.

WB yobbo!!!!

Yeah my spending is highly limited now, ever since PR-squared fiasco...

I would happily return to whale status if they would be fairer and better with their content/features...

cheers. 

I don't even have a premium account any more and I still make credits, mine you I don't play tier 10 all the often

I rather play tier 8 or 9.

I do laugh at WG trying to suck the money out of players tho.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,199 posts
20,354 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Hence why I termed Stalingrad a double OP ship. It by itself is already too good and paired with the people that are likely to get one, makes it double OP.. OTOH, in the hands of a useless player, it is just like any other ship in a useless player's hands: equally useless.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,837 posts
12,635 battles
4 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Hence why I termed Stalingrad a double OP ship. It by itself is already too good and paired with the people that are likely to get one, makes it double OP.. OTOH, in the hands of a useless player, it is just like any other ship in a useless player's hands: equally useless.

Like giving a big bonus to a billionaire for being a billionaire.

• Cool 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
320 posts
8,292 battles

The point about buying upgrades that are changing anyway is relevant to ships too. I have many prem ships that I bought because of the unique features/playstyle they offered that then got completely up ended by game changes. Blyska is not the same ship it was on release, Atlanta/Texas .. anything bought due to it's AA is long lost after the back and forth changes. Prem CVs - from one patch to the next you don't know whether they will perform or suck massive D.  How many tech trees have I ground only for changes to make them irrelevant?  I haven't spent a single cent since the NTC/RB fiasco, any chance that would change went out with the disrespect players got over the PR disaster.  

Imagine buying a sports car because you like fast rides in the country air, then suddenly one day its a tractor.  Or buying a dish washer and then next week its a f**king toaster.  

And then imagine the salesman laughing in your face. 

• Cool 4

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles

Playerbase: F@#k you WG

WG: Yeah no. Too toxic, not gonna listen.

All of these predicaments really comes down to their rushing habits. The pace WG implement things over the years are gradually faster. And this also affects their employees. They're forced to work harder until eventually getting some stress and finally decision making is becoming worse. 

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,199 posts
20,354 battles
3 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

All of these predicaments really comes down to their rushing habits.

Rush B. Bylat.

See what happens when you incorrectly rush ingame...

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
4 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

See what happens when you incorrectly rush ingame...

Die.

[151ST]
2,618 posts
10,442 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Playerbase: F@#k you WG

WG: Yeah no. Too toxic, not gonna listen.

All of these predicaments really comes down to their rushing habits. The pace WG implement things over the years are gradually faster. And this also affects their employees. They're forced to work harder until eventually getting some stress and finally decision making is becoming worse. 

There was an interesting idea that I saw somewhere, probs reddit...

Some years ago...

WG - here's a ship

Community - Noooooooo we want x...

WG - ok here's the ship with x

Community - noooooo we want a different ship with x

WG - well we'll just give you a different ship with x later, here's the ship with 2x

Community - arrrrghhhhh ship with 2x isn't right...

WG - ok from now on we stick to our ideas.

Community - why don't you listen to us?

WG - because you can't make up your mind

Community - that's because you don't know how to balance or design, 2x was stupid

WG - you asked for x, we gave you x, then you complain we gave you x.

Community - x and 2x are different.

WG - Now here's a new ship with 3x...

--- @dejiko_nyo, probably.

[EDIT] Added source

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Funny 2

[TLS]
4,199 posts
20,354 battles
2 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

There was an interesting idea that I saw somewhere, probs reddit...

I have said it before, both sides are to blame. wg for listening to the stupidest ideas from the community instead of the ones that make sense.

• Cool 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
320 posts
8,292 battles

There's not a spreedsheet in the world that makes their decisions make sense.  Nerf German ship thats underperforming,  buff Russian ship thats overperforming.  Fix Russian ship with crazy fast turrets/ tanky as crap and hits like a freight train by a tiny AA nerf. What spreedsheet in the world makes that a viable response.

"Im a serious business that balances and enhances my product by listening to the insanity that is reddit rather than anyone who made it through pre-school mathematics and can add and subtract, maybe even perform some averages and medians"  good googly moogly. 

At this point I imagine monkeys throwing darts at white board suggestions would work better. 

Spreedsheets are not worth the toilet paper they are scribbled on

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,199 posts
20,354 battles
47 minutes ago, Tagnbag said:

At this point I imagine monkeys throwing darts at white board suggestions would work better. 

And it would be much cheaper too. Just feed them bananas.

[151ST]
2,618 posts
10,442 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I have said it before, both sides are to blame. wg for listening to the stupidest ideas from the community instead of the ones that make sense.

I fixed it for you mate :cap_cool:

[151ST]
2,618 posts
10,442 battles

Anyone see the guy having a whinge at my language on reddit?

Lol...

Also got some counter-sub gameplay inbound today...

4,876 posts
8,859 battles

WG turned Agir into a standard CB. I have no idea what they are doing with the ship right now.

They clearly wanted to make good secondary ships, in this case German ships, but somehow refuse to give them anything to support that playstyle (better heal, less prone to fire, some kind of short-duration high-power Speed Boost, etc.). Agir is an example, where they take but don't give. So they just... give up?

I hope you add this strange stubbornness into your future rant vid, Sapper.

They also nerfed Hotel California to have the same reload time as New Mex. Isn't she supposed to be a better New Mex, being Tier 7 and all? Then why the same reload time as New Mex? :fish_aqua:

Edited by Paladinum

Sign in to follow this