Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

What is the point of having Submarine if we cant terror people in random?

21 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
1,816 posts
3,503 battles

WG FINALLY ADD SUBMARINE TO THE GAME!! and its very close!

also

T7 7vs7 BATTLE = 777 LUCKIIEE!!! woohooo no more T10 burning cost

also SUB

SUBMARINE

YEAR OF SUB!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMAGINE! now DD can be relieved from capping task....!

THIS MAKE GERMAN DD great again, MAKE THE GERMAN BB GREAT AGAIN, Make the German Cruiser RISE

WE HAVE HYDRO!

THIS IS YEAR OF GERMAN, WE HAVE CV, WE HAVE SUB

after and after sabotage from the greedy partisan.... finally its the year to RISE ! from the pride of WOLF PACK

Oou British Brother, Join us in 

Hydro and Hydro Brotherhood

GERMAN SUB WILL BECOME LIBERATOR!

NO MORE CV TYRANNY..... WE HUNT THEM

NO MORE RADAR..... THEIR RADAR IS WORTHLESS

no more HE spam! no more gimmick! JUST WOLF PACK

Those slow-ass camping BB will be flooded 

Those island hugger CA will be floured

DD dont need to cap, WE WILL DO IT!

Submarines

Update 0.9.4 will add submarines to the game client in a separate battle type for Tier VI ships. During the Public Test, everyone can participate in the testing of the new ship type!

Fragile and stealthy hun......

1d59d430e71ce09af0f289ecc9759ace.gif

Submarines

Update 0.9.4 will add submarines to the game client in a separate battle type for Tier VI ships. During the Public Test, everyone can participate in the testing of the new ship type!

F

Submarines

F

Submarines

F

_________________________________________________________________________________________

db41f49ebb245623a61628dc84a3418f9b54e4c0

Am-I-A-Joke-to-You-Memes-1280x720.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[-CAT-]
2,489 posts
11,585 battles

Submarines

du-dun........du-dun........du-dun........du-dun....du-dun....du-dun....du-dun-du-dun-du-dun-du-dun-du-dun

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNN!

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Funny 2

[SMOKE]
2,035 posts
16,254 battles

The problem will be when and if the game incorporate the mode into random .. which then force some ships to play handicapped ( DD and those mentioned CL ) and taking away DD's Stealth without compensating them with more defensive measure is going to hurt the game play of that class and further hurting the overall game play even more. And since really only minority of DD had Hydro the so call anti sub capacity is questionable , and even with Hydro, the short engagement distance and envelope both in term of area and in term of time make anti-sub itself basically another replay of the DD AA situation again, good on paper and numbers but effective the DD are put into an almost no win situation ( ditto for those CL mentioned ) , even worse the limitation of anti-sub to DD and certain CL means when playing those ships and entering a game with sub MM matched , they are forced to pick up the anit-sub duty since others cannot do it .. forcing them off their own fighting / battling potential and limiting their own play and play options , so if I play a DD without Hydro and relaying on stealth I am screwed , I do not had stealth any more , I cannot really do anti-sub but yet ...

the whole implementation is all about rushing the sub into the game without taking a look at what the others can or cannot do about it and screw all others whatever they might be damned ...

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
1,816 posts
3,503 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

the whole implementation is all about rushing the sub into the game without taking a look at what the others can or cannot do about it and screw all others whatever they might be damned ...

i think this is the best way to introduce Sub to the game by making separate mode. IT JUST BASICALLY TEST SERVER in disguise. WG cannt expect everyone download public test server new client.... also this separate mode will reflect player realistically. IF CV REWORK have separate mode from the start, people wont rage. so i think they did learn from mistake.

THE PROBLEM IS, there will be less rage, no chaos.... THE MEME POTENTIAL IS WASTED

6 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Submarines

du-dun........du-dun........du-dun........du-dun....du-dun....du-dun....du-dun-du-dun-du-dun-du-dun-du-dun

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNN!

it should be DDunn Dun Dun DUDUn DUUDDUN DUN Du DUN DUN DUN DUUN DUN DUN DuN dun DUUN DUUUUUUuuUUN

1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

And since really only minority of DD had Hydro the so call anti sub capacity is questionable , 

WG stated that there will be "Hydrophone" to mark the sub is nearby. its range is 5km, mostly hydro range of German. 

the question is.... RDF, what happen to RDF? can it detect sub?

• Funny 1

[SMOKE]
2,035 posts
16,254 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

WG stated that there will be "Hydrophone" to mark the sub is nearby. its range is 5km, mostly hydro range of German. 

the question is.... RDF, what happen to RDF? can it detect sub?

and the counter to that , what about RDF on sub captain ... really if they introduce sub into the game then they should introduce ASW capacity into all the surface ships , including CV ; and when they take away stealth on the light force , the need to introduce some measure to balance that ( which mean DD and CL need to had some form of buff on defensive side ) , and how about those ships, CA, CB, and BB who are by said spec do not had anti-sub capacity now , how are they suppose to had any mean to counter at current spec , especially those without hydro ? the questions on hand is many and so far answer is far and few in between if any ~

in the end it goes back to that same Q many old IJN DD players ask , why take away the needed property of the said ships, when because the lazy big guns would not move, would not battle line and would complain about them being stealth torp .. is it not the same case again .. now if sub are OK with that as a DD main I had to ask why my IJN roster are not allowed

The whole game balance is so broken that subs introduced yet again introduce a issue by allowing known issue get into the game again ( and that issue was not properly dealed with ) and introduce more issue on hand , namely ASW

Edited by Mechfori

[-NZ-]
371 posts
9,183 battles

In term of "Kicki'n camper BBabies a*s", I do agree with the submarine implementation to this game. Still, for sub torp homing mechanic, I disagree. Especially on how agile them while in homing mode.

• Cool 1

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,639 posts
18,222 battles

subs better be in its own  node and not put into random 

so many players don't want subs anyways 

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
1,816 posts
3,503 battles
2 hours ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

In term of "Kicki'n camper BBabies a*s", I do agree with the submarine implementation to this game. Still, for sub torp homing mechanic, I disagree. Especially on how agile them while in homing mode.

they are tweaked, when the torpedo reach close to 1km to target its stop homing. i think it should be 1.5km for BB and 1.3 for CA/CL.... different value for different ship

also Hydro should jamming homing torpedo :v

1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

Boycott that mode. Then WG will let the subs to join random because the "lack of players".:Smile_trollface:

:Smile_trollface:

3 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

subs better be in its own  node and not put into random 

so many players don't want subs anyways 

that is the exact reason why WG should put it in random. Imagine the Terror, THE MEME POTENTIAL, the fun.... THE WOLFPACK DIVISION

[TLS]
4,208 posts
20,361 battles
2 hours ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

Must as I 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% support you, people need to remember that CV was supposed to fill that role. Until it was fitted with dd hunting rockets, violating the many tenents of RockPaperScissors balance theory.

• Funny 1

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,639 posts
18,222 battles
1 minute ago, Skarhabek said:

they are tweaked, when the torpedo reach close to 1km to target its stop homing. i think it should be 1.5km for BB and 1.3 for CA/CL.... different value for different ship

also Hydro should jamming homing torpedo :v

:Smile_trollface:

that is the exact reason why WG should put it in random. Imagine the Terror, THE MEME POTENTIAL, the fun.... THE WOLFPACK DIVISION

no

all it will do is make more players leave  the game

as it is most of the good players have left and all you get now is the hopeless rubbish players 

we all know WG want the bad players to stay in the game as they are the ones who spend all the money on the game.

so they look after the bad and don't give a shit about the good players 

[4RSE]
317 posts
7,797 battles
8 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

no

as it is most of the good players have left and all you get now is the hopeless rubbish players 

we all know WG want the bad players to stay in the game as they are the ones who spend all the money on the game.

so they look after the bad and don't give a shit about the good players 

Awesome, is that why you are still here? 

We new players don't need toxic like you around, so please just go already.

[LBAS]
1,816 posts
3,503 battles
2 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

no

all it will do is make more players leave  the game

we have 3 question :

1. how did you know people will leave the game? FINALLY PEOPLE CAN REVENGE ON CV TYRANNY

2. unless WG went Russian sub route, GERMAN SUB WILL PRINT PROFIT. that is why we have German CV, WG put a lot of effort to create submarine that potentially creating huge backlash... Based on spreadsheet, German Sheep print monies.... even russian kamerad in RU server mostly play Bismarck

why WG through this path? CV rework is obviously success in term of selling more premium CV.... that is why we are doomed by CV.....

3. WHO WILL LEAVE?

- BB player?

- CV player?

- DD Player?

6 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

its the exact opposite, noob will leave... the Pro always adapt to meta, they smart. if CV stronk they play CV, if Sub stronk they will play sub... do you think why Asia Meta is the most scary?

also what ship good player playing? a BB? a CA? a DD? a Sub? or CV

why good player leave? they can adapt, just playing sub then if it was too OP....

maybe we should call it "potential consumer" based on your word. then i agree it can drive away consumer... less profit

WG is indeed do a lot of screwing up like nerfing german ship, but they sometimes listen... we got tweaked flag signal, sub, and T7 ranked battle for next.

2 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

i am sorry but WE sometimes NEED chaos, otherwise it would be stale

WE NEED people like Yobbo!

sometimes Yobbo have the right point

• Cool 2

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,639 posts
18,222 battles
2 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

ha I am a 57-58% player so say what you will.

i never left so sorry to say I will be here for awhile yet.

the stranded of player in this game has dropped to a very low level, as most potato's have no idea how to play and are not willing to learn how to play. 

I say to you stay at tier 4-5 and learn the game before moving up the tiers get all the ships to tier 5 first before going on to tier 6 and above that way you give yourself time to learn about the game.

watch the likes of ichase, flamu, flambass, noster, on you tube and learn about the game 

tier 10 isn't the end game, tier 10 can be the worst tier in the game.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,639 posts
18,222 battles
34 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

we have 3 question :

1. how did you know people will leave the game? FINALLY PEOPLE CAN REVENGE ON CV TYRANNY

2. unless WG went Russian sub route, GERMAN SUB WILL PRINT PROFIT. that is why we have German CV, WG put a lot of effort to create submarine that potentially creating huge backlash... Based on spreadsheet, German Sheep print monies.... even russian kamerad in RU server mostly play Bismarck

why WG through this path? CV rework is obviously success in term of selling more premium CV.... that is why we are doomed by CV.....

3. WHO WILL LEAVE?

- BB player?

- CV player?

- DD Player?

its the exact opposite, noob will leave... the Pro always adapt to meta, they smart. if CV stronk they play CV, if Sub stronk they will play sub... do you think why Asia Meta is the most scary?

also what ship good player playing? a BB? a CA? a DD? a Sub? or CV

why good player leave? they can adapt, just playing sub then if it was too OP....

maybe we should call it "potential consumer" based on your word. then i agree it can drive away consumer... less profit

WG is indeed do a lot of screwing up like nerfing german ship, but they sometimes listen... we got tweaked flag signal, sub, and T7 ranked battle for next.

i am sorry but WE sometimes NEED chaos, otherwise it would be stale

WE NEED people like Yobbo!

sometimes Yobbo have the right point

hahaha yes I will pick out the bad points in the game 

yeah I see things in the game that other ppl cant see like how much RNG controls the out come of battles

I even seen a 43% player get 6 kills and on top of the xp ladder all because of RNG

[LBAS]
1,816 posts
3,503 battles
3 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

hahaha yes I will pick out the bad points in the game 

yeah I see things in the game that other ppl cant see like how much RNG controls the out come of battles

I even seen a 43% player get 6 kills and on top of the xp ladder all because of RNG

you are not the only one who can see RNG control this game Yobbo, i  constantly complain MM and RNG should be random (just search for the thread). WG rigging it to avoid unicum player having 90% WR or newbie get constantly nuked.

4 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

ha I am a 57-58% player so say what you will.

you are even more convincing us that we need sub in random. imagine you are in BB, then suddenly got torpedoes out of nowhere..... turn up the sub captain is the former noob BB captain, frustated and looking the easier way. 

unicum stay on top mostly because their game experience compared to casual, added the new thing and everyone need to re-learn everything from the start.

that is why most people hate change..... just remember the invisfiring and CV rework, i am the one who againts it since it change my power.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,639 posts
18,222 battles
16 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

you are not the only one who can see RNG control this game Yobbo, i  constantly complain MM and RNG should be random (just search for the thread). WG rigging it to avoid unicum player having 90% WR or newbie get constantly nuked.

you are even more convincing us that we need sub in random. imagine you are in BB, then suddenly got torpedoes out of nowhere..... turn up the sub captain is the former noob BB captain, frustated and looking the easier way. 

unicum stay on top mostly because their game experience compared to casual, added the new thing and everyone need to re-learn everything from the start.

that is why most people hate change..... just remember the invisfiring and CV rework, i am the one who againts it since it change my power.

well thats the thing it isn't pvp its Player v RNG v Player 

as it is at the moment im in a holding pattern, meaning for the next 2 months I wont be able to get above 50% win rate.

yes this has happened to me 2 times in the past  so I am talking about past experience and its impossible to get above 50% win rate  no matter what tier and ship I play.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,335 posts
11,151 battles

Subs are looking pretty great right now I think.  I love the homing mechanics, I love how close you have to operate to everyone.  Visually it looks brilliant.

I also like the DD to sub interaction, however I think this is where the main issues lie, and where they will have to focus the main balance attention.  DD's are already overburdened and vulnerable, doing ASW work is going to be extremely difficult, and I think relatively situational.  A good sub player will likely be difficult to touch.

The fact that they are introducing them in a separate mode means we will likely get at least a couple of patches of iteration on this interplay, based on much more data than they would have ever got before on the subject, so hopefully this will be well balanced by the time it's introduced to randoms.

[SMOKE]
2,035 posts
16,254 battles

Still trying both side of it on PTS will had to reserve judgement for now ; one thing for certain the homing part and close range is kind of what made or break the game

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
320 posts
8,292 battles

Subs looking great?   Guided torpedoes that ignore torpedo bulges? Perma spotting DDs through islands and in smoke for allies to shoot?  How about games where its too late to win on cap points and one enemy remains to be killed.. and its a sub. Especially if you are in anything but a sub hunting ship .. or it just hides ...  Spotter planes that cannot detect a periscope depth sub and let other people shoot from range?  

Now if the torps were not guided so direction changes might help like historically, and spotter planes worked .. and torpedo bulges still did something.

That new module on BBs to detect torps so you can dodge.. Submarine LAUGH at you.

Nothing can fight submarine but DD and light cruisers?  So complaints about no counter play to CVs .. well there's less for subs.

Yep, they are in a great place.

Sign in to follow this