You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

Update 0.9.4 Soviet Cruiser Event And Submarines

18 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
2,479 posts
11,563 battles

So update 0.9.4 will have both Soviet Cruiser Event. As well as Submarines.

Directives and tokens are back.

(It's as if WG knows that the release of FF7 remake will hinder this month's profit. So not much was done in EU DD part 2. It's only my observation. :fish_book:)

Submarines are currently in a separate type of battle at T6.

T6 CL's Dallas, Budnyonny, Leander, and Perth will have depth charges and can hunt SS.

All DD can hunt SS.

Read more on the link below.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/bulletin-094/

Oh yeah, all consumable will now be premium.

Compensation will be applied for those who have stocks of premium consumables that were never used.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 3

1,448 posts
6,163 battles

So why are La Galissoniere, De Grasse, Molotov, Huanghe and Duca d'Aosta excluded?

Edited by Project45_Opytny

4,874 posts
8,859 battles

This is me playing subs: :Smile_hiding:

So, how does one get Ochakov and Peter Baggage?

Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

So why are La Galissoniere, De Grasse, Molotov and Duca d'Aosta excluded?

No depth charges on their models?

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,479 posts
11,563 battles
3 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

So why are La Galissoniere, De Grasse, Molotov, Huanghe and Duca d'Aosta excluded?

La Galissoniere, De Grasse, and Nurnberg seems to not have depth charge weaponry in their models. Maybe they will have them in the future, or maybe not.

As for Aoba, Molotov, Huanghe, and Duca d'Aosta, they have depth charge weaponry and model. Why WG did not included them is a good question indeed. :fish_book:

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,664 posts
41,491 battles
12 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

La Galissoniere, De Grasse, and Nurnberg seems to not have depth charge weaponry in their models. Maybe they will have them in the future, or maybe not.

As for Aoba, Molotov, Huanghe, and Duca d'Aosta, they have depth charge weaponry and model. Why WG did not included them is a good question indeed. :fish_book:

Heavy cruiser

[-CAT-]
2,479 posts
11,563 battles
19 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

Heavy cruiser

Yes. A CA with depth charge.

Check her stern / rear. There are 6 depth charges in her stern.

shot-20_04.16_21_18.57-0981.thumb.jpg.d0e69b33bb6f50338deaf63705760514.jpg

Edited by S0und_Theif

[SMOKE]
2,031 posts
16,241 battles

In real life almost all CL carry depth charge at the time , and most CA do also, in fact even some BB carried them ( as cursory measure ) ; but worse .. not each and every DD and those CL had Hydro , depth charge without Hydro mean nothing

[LBAS]
1,815 posts
3,503 battles
10 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

(It's as if WG knows that the release of FF7 remake will hinder this month's profit. So not much was done in EU DD part 2. It's only my observation. :fish_book:)

we have T7 7x7 ranked battle, of course WG also celebrate FF7 remake. some of the developer is man of culture.....

1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

In real life almost all CL carry depth charge at the time , and most CA do also, in fact even some BB carried them ( as cursory measure ) ; but worse .. not each and every DD and those CL had Hydro , depth charge without Hydro mean nothing

is that true Queen Elizabeth have anti sub plane?

if then it can be precedence for all BB to choose between anti sub plane/fighter/spotter

prem.jpeg?fit=1728,972&ssl=1

high tier European DD have anti sub launcher in the front. i bet they should wield the most anti sub capabilities....

I HOPE WG DONT SCREW UP THIS TIME, KRI Siliwangi is BUILT FOR ANTI SUB TOO!

[CLAY]
2,837 posts
12,635 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

we have T7 7x7 ranked battle, of course WG also celebrate FF7 remake. some of the developer is man of culture.....

is that true Queen Elizabeth have anti sub plane?

if then it can be precedence for all BB to choose between anti sub plane/fighter/spotter

prem.jpeg?fit=1728,972&ssl=1

high tier European DD have anti sub launcher in the front. i bet they should wield the most anti sub capabilities....

I HOPE WG DONT SCREW UP THIS TIME, KRI Siliwangi is BUILT FOR ANTI SUB TOO!

Harekaze should have the ability to counter submarines with its paravanes!

[FORCE]
2,440 posts
12,284 battles

I'm amazed nobody has brought up the Soviet cruiser line on this thread for now.

WG, take note of that! Just like your decision on subs after I brought it up out of nowhere when the whole forum was talking about CVs, or bots.

And yes it might be a coincidence, or I actually reminded WG about that. Hate me:Smile_trollface:

[SMOKE]
2,031 posts
16,241 battles

well one more problem, OK so all DD can hunt sub, but why go hunting a sub if I am playing my DD .. its far more difficult and dangerous than my other DD task and really why do I not spend the time hunting BB or CB , at least they are far more visible , easier to deal with ( defensively ) and easier to get damage deal ( torp, guns ) .. BTW how is depth charge going to be like as far as a consumable goes, unlimited or limited charges, cooldown ( or should we say reload ) .. I mean why making it a consumable , why shouldn't it be an ammunition ( which it clearly is ) ... and that goes to those mentioned CL also .. in the end .. same old story .. DD thing that DD are asked to play but really putting them in harm's way without much of any counter play and very little reward , and in this case questionable chance of making a hit ( it said sub can be hit to depth of 6M , hey I think most real life depth charge way better  than that ) , so sub are immune to us surface ships while they can freely damage us when submerged more than 6M .. can that be called fair

How does the depth charge damage and what is the mechanism like , not very clear there either , so does it blow up and give area of effect or it need to actually hit the sub itelf, and how about setting depth charge ( the depth part ) it seems WG are tasking dpeth charge just as a type of direct hit ammunition , if so its like asking player to shoot without even actually seeing or ability to target .. again this is not fair, not right and certainly not going to work at all

Now if acoustic homing torpedo is an OK technology in this game then why the hell DD ( or any Cruiser BB ) not getting it ?????

And what about real world ASW weapon of that era, anti sub depth charge mortar ( USS, RN ) and rocket ( Soviet ) which allow ranged engagement of a sub ... well ... from a range .. the whole principle of the ASW that surface ships need to be on top of the sub to do ASW pretty much doomed the ASW mechanism already .. its like AA again , no surface ship willingly put itself under threat of aerial attack just to do AA , and no surface ship will go do ASW just so it can do ASW and put itself at rick of a sub launched homing torpedo ( the homing part especially so )

Edited by Mechfori

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,130 posts
7,719 battles

If hp = xp why would you hunt a sub with next to no hps.

Can't see myself going to look for subs if I know I will loss xp from it

[TLS]
4,198 posts
20,354 battles

Time to let the bbs sitting at the back to just get sunk.

• Cool 1

[LANCR]
44 posts
8,781 battles

I wonder if the British will get hedge hog and limbo launchers. That  will give the subs a headache.

[IWN]
265 posts
2,862 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombat56 said:

I wonder if the British will get hedge hog and limbo launchers. That  will give the subs a headache.

quite literally overkill, but to be honest like Mechfori said, this will make the task of submarine hunting easier for dd player

• Cool 1

[NCOTS]
445 posts
11,061 battles
1 hour ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

If hp = xp why would you hunt a sub with next to no hps

Actually xp gained is based on the percentage of hp you took off from the enemy. For example, a T10 BB with 100k hp and a T10 DD with 10k hp, me in my T10 ship took off 9k hp off the DD while my teammate who is also in a T10 ship took off 50k off the BB, actually I will have more xp than my teammate, as I reduce 90% hp of a T10 ship while my teammate only reduce 50% hp of a T10 ship.

Therefore low hp targets like DDs are always being focused after spotted, due to the high reward you can obtained from killing it compared to a more tougher ship (as well as their dangerousness)

• Cool 1