Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
nevernude

How many on our server are from China?

16 comments in this topic

46 posts

Just watched something on SpewTube that claimed all online gaming with 'foreigners' is to be banned in China.

Note: given the source, this could be complete crap

But in any event, if it's true I wonder how it effects the SEA server? 

[FORCE]
2,448 posts
12,284 battles

For WoWs, I don't think there are many "foreigners" on Chinese server. I believe they would need to work around the Great Firewall first if they want to play there, which is quite cumbersome.

Spoiler

I mean I don't think there are many who could dedicate themselves to work around the technical barrier, and the language issue unless they actually know how to read them. Sure they are not boxes like what we have, but still...

46 posts
4 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

For WoWs, I don't think there are many "foreigners" on Chinese server. I believe they would need to work around the Great Firewall first if they want to play there, which is quite cumbersome.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean I don't think there are many who could dedicate themselves to work around the technical barrier, and the language issue unless they actually know how to read them. Sure they are not boxes like what we have, but still...

Oh wait, sry if I'm being thick I'm a bit confused as to what you're saying, are you saying the Chinese don't play on the main SEA server with us?

My premise was that they played on the SEA with us, so now they have been banned numbers on SEA will drop?

[FORCE]
2,448 posts
12,284 battles
3 minutes ago, nevernude said:

Oh wait, sry if I'm being thick I'm a bit confused as to what you're saying, are you saying the Chinese don't play on the main SEA server with us?

My premise was that they played on the SEA with us, so now they have been banned numbers on SEA will drop?

Well, they actually have their own separate server. But some of them went through the same barrier that prevents the "foreigners" from entering the Chinese server, and made a separate account on SEA server. Kind of like some SEA players who play in NA.

Therefore these Chinese players on SEA server are not subjected to the ban you mentioned. I can't name them, but I know some of them post regularly on the English section of the forum. And I don't know how many exactly, either (excluding the botters) because not everyone who speaks in Chinese are inherently from China.

• Cool 1

46 posts
1 minute ago, Sir_Feather said:

Well, they actually have their own separate server. But some of them went through the same barrier that prevents the "foreigners" from entering the Chinese server, and made a separate account on SEA server. Kind of like some SEA players who play in NA.

Therefore these Chinese players on SEA server are not subjected to the ban you mentioned. I can't name them, but I know some of them post regularly on the English section of the forum. And I don't know how many exactly, either (excluding the botters) because not everyone who speaks in Chinese are inherently from China.

Oh I see! I'll be damned, I had no idea they have their own server. Many thanks for that, interesting.

If any mods come along... you can probably delete this thread, it is no longer useful or valid 😛

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,581 posts
26,566 battles
16 minutes ago, nevernude said:

Oh I see! I'll be damned, I had no idea they have their own server. Many thanks for that, interesting.

If any mods come along... you can probably delete this thread, it is no longer useful or valid 😛

there‘s a Chinese server but it's been dead for 2 years, they are still stuck on the french BB patch due to disagreements between WG and their proxy in china, which is also why there was a big influx of Chinese players over the past year.

source: <longstanding member of the Chinese community 

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
4,910 posts
11,036 battles

Foreigner try to use VPN to play 

[OAKUM]
2,115 posts
16,261 battles

i wish all the bots would go back there, instead of filling up this sever with them....

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,581 posts
26,566 battles
2 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

i wish all the bots would go back there, instead of filling up this sever with them....

you and me both, not all of them are botting but there are organized groups out there that run botting grinding operations or bot accounts to sell

[NHL]
39 posts
1 hour ago, CV_NMSL said:

you and me both, not all of them are botting but there are organized groups out there that run botting grinding operations or bot accounts to sell

WG's WOWs is more and more like CCP's EVE-online,both their game environment, management and even forum

EVE is almost a dead game, and  I dont think WOWs will have a bright future if WG continue all these

WG is using the same marketing rules to harm old players, and also there are more and more bots in the server for well-know underground account trading 

And also in this forum. you can see few activists give the WG an allusion that players feel good and they are doing the right thing, ignore those who hardly express, the "silence majority "

I dont know whether WG notice what is happening on steam that disapprove  floods, while only few is complaining here (like me)

Anyway, I wont give any coin into wows anymore since the same  trend happens here

May be some activists feels good, but in fact WG is going into wrong direction

I still remember past year I played eve,  when we, the "silence majority" , go into the forum to complain, those forum  activists use their "influence" to make the developer believe that we are "idiot"(I just got this same title here in another post), so what can we say ? just stop payment and leave

I hope what happening on steam will alert WG, but I think they will not aware.

Ah, and again, the chinese server

you know what that mean, and so do I

maybe some people dont know that , Asian Server and EU Server is all available in China Mainland, VPN are not necessary  in most places there, the Gread Fire Wall didn't stop people join the game, for, yes, WOWs is not that popular in China, so they dont care that only thousands people play this game,no need to waste GFW resource on this "little thing" 

So you can see, when the Chinese Server is till running the 0.7.X versions, lots of Chinese are coming, and also bots and underground account trading

This flood will give another allusion to WG that WOWs is more and more popular, but in fact , people are not increasing, they are just moving from there to here

and they are more sensitive on marketing, that means they won't pay without gain, and won't pay to WG's "stupid"  marketing mechanism

this is a real "culture conflict"

but anyway , no one care to read so long text from a "idiot" 

Edited by NHLWXY
  • Cool 1

[SALT]
2,044 posts
10,542 battles
9 hours ago, nevernude said:

Most of games have their own Chinese server. Doto, CS, LoL etc

Most  cases of Mandarin Language you encounter would be from Taiwan, Malaysia or some small CN player that use VPN

CN region is rather inclusive, but very large base. PC gamer base in CN is equal to half of Western gamer base (PC-Console) combined. you should thankfull as they can invade other regions easily if its not much hassle for any gamer to play with VPN (as VPN introduced very significant Delay and Lag - which every Gamer allergic to)

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 1

[NHL]
39 posts
29 minutes ago, humusz said:

Most of games have their own Chinese server. Doto, CS, LoL etc

Most  cases of Mandarin Language you encounter would be from Taiwan, Malaysia or some small CN player that use VPN

CN region is rather inclusive, but very large base. PC gamer base in CN is equal to half of Western gamer base (PC-Console) combined. you should thankfull as they can invade other regions easily if its not much hassle for any gamer to play with VPN (as VPN introduced very significant Delay and Lag - which every Gamer allergic to)

sadly tell you, you are wrong

most Chinese charters in the game are from Chinese Mainland, not those what you say, other places. it is very easy to recognize the difference of non-native speaker to native speaker, others will hardly notice the differences

In china mainland, most players can connect Asian and EU server directly without any VPN and get a ping at 50-80 ms. few people use vpn to get a better ping, or sometimes their local ISP has connection problem

some times, you can see at the beginning of a random match, some people are typing strange numbers, they are mostly from china mainland, and those numbers are some kind of "secret code" to identify who are chinese. Some korean, Japanese, or those who lives in taiwan or malasia, singapore can also use simplified chinese, but they can hardly understand those "code"

Maybe you also did not notice some chinese player using their phone number or even QQ/Wechat number or Pinyin as their ID, for most of them use steam client with their Steam ID

And also clan, some clan names are very chinese style but if you dont have a culture background, it is hard to understand, for exmple , -1-1S, do you understand? it is a Chinese political joke

and also the ID name, you understand the meaning of NMSL ? it is a brief of a chinese "greeting"

There are, lots of players from chinese mainland in Asian server already. And from some evidence, there are usually half players in a random match you meet are chinese.

But only few of them come here to post, they have their own community such as Tieba and NGA

Asian Server, some kind ,is somekind of a half-chinese server

the so called "Invade", when the chinese player number is more then others in actual  , you would better consider, who are invaders (lol, just a joke) 

Edited by NHLWXY
  • Cool 1

[NHL]
39 posts

and in additional 

In fact, only few famous online games are banned in China Mainland by the Great Fire Wall

Many online games, they just banned chinese player by developers for their own reseaons.

For most not famous online games, GFW just didn't care and no need to waste resource

WOWs, I think there are thousands high-active china mainland players in Asian Server, maybe a large number for some small country/region, but for a nation has 1.4B pops, who cares such a few scale

so that's why they didn't ban WOWs

if you are not banned by GFW, it is only means you are not famous/popular  enough

Edited by NHLWXY

[SALT]
2,044 posts
10,542 battles
49 minutes ago, NHLWXY said:

sadly tell you, you are wrong

most Chinese charters in the game are from Chinese Mainland, not those what you say, other places. it is very easy to recognize the difference of non-native speaker to native speaker, others will hardly notice the differences

In china mainland, most players can connect Asian and EU server directly without any VPN and get a ping at 50-80 ms. few people use vpn to get a better ping, or sometimes their local ISP has connection problem

some times, you can see at the beginning of a random match, some people are typing strange numbers, they are mostly from china mainland, and those numbers are some kind of "secret code" to identify who are chinese. Some korean, Japanese, or those who lives in taiwan or malasia, singapore can also use simplified chinese, but they can hardly understand those "code"

Maybe you also did not notice some chinese player using their phone number or even QQ/Wechat number or Pinyin as their ID, for most of them use steam client with their Steam ID

And also clan, some clan names are very chinese style but if you dont have a culture background, it is hard to understand, for exmple , -1-1S, do you understand? it is a Chinese political joke

and also the ID name, you understand the meaning of NMSL ? it is a brief of a chinese "greeting"

There are, lots of players from chinese mainland in Asian server already. And from some evidence, there are usually half players in a random match you meet are chinese.

But only few of them come here to post, they have their own community such as Tieba and NGA

Asian Server, some kind ,is somekind of a half-chinese server

the so called "Invade", when the chinese player number is more then others in actual  , you would better consider, who are invaders (lol, just a joke) 

That Depend on the games. what games are you talking about

in Asian WoWs, thats more than Half 

on Dota 2, LoL mostly non CN, unless you tick preffered Language selection in matchmaking into non EN (and have fiesta of TW,MLY,CN trashtalk or you can chose EN and have regular Pinoy toxicity ).   CS  and PuBG were basicly 50-50, on asian server MMORPG ? its near 0

the current number is still trickle, There many more in other side of Dam

I preffer the dam is reinforced lol

Edited by humusz

[NHL]
39 posts
1 hour ago, humusz said:

That Depend on the games. what games are you talking about

in Asian WoWs, thats more than Half 

on Dota 2, LoL mostly non CN, unless you tick preffered Language selection in matchmaking into non EN (and have fiesta of TW,MLY,CN trashtalk or you can chose EN and have regular Pinoy toxicity ).   CS  and PuBG were basicly 50-50

the current number is still trickle, There many more in other side of Dam

I preffer the dam is reinforced lol

that is not because the dam, but the localization 

no matter the height of the GFW, the aim is not for preventing players to play online games aboard

LOL or Dota2, they all have been localized by tencent and perfected world , both are game giants in china domestic game marktet

The localization , that means better chinese language client, better internet connections, better and easier payment methods, better local communities, more localized marketing,  and also, huge basic users of those game giant.

the WOWs, well, a fail localization  in china, Kongzhong net has a very bad fame

In 2017,before the Kong quit the NASDAQ, only worth 350m dollars.

while, tencent, reach 500B$ in 2017 and PW worth more than 8B$ the same time

WG chose a wrong partner. They are now coop with 360 (19B$ ), not the best choice, but still better than kong, for 360 has a huge user group

You should know that, a fact that

Most chinese young people who plays online-games, are, low-mid educated, poor english skills, and low income

A typical figure of a chinese online gamer, is, mid-school or local community collage(called the 2nd,3rd level collage) graduated, low english skill(IELTS 3.0-4.0) , low-mid income in labor-intensive factories or service, small companies, 400-800$/ month

If there is a good localized online game, they wont go to EU/NA/Asian server, for they cant read the english website or some even dont know how to register an account if official website doesnt provide chinese language, and normally, in chinese server, everything  is much more cheaper

The goverment  know that, they dont need waste resource to ban online games, for most chinese players, they dont have motivation 

PUBG is special, for people can play it on Steam and it is not totally  localized yet 

Nowadays, Steam is very popular in China Mainland, you can find it in every internet cafe, and PUBG is also a fashion, so the CS:GO is. It is Steam make those game popular in China

so you can see the GFW has half banned Steam ,but not for game ,for people are gathering in steam community discuss some none-game content

You can buy and play games on Steam in China Mainland, but you cant use the community. they don't prevent you play games 

Edited by NHLWXY
  • Cool 1

[SALT]
2,044 posts
10,542 battles
41 minutes ago, NHLWXY said:

that is not because the dam, but the localization 

no matter the height of the GFW, the aim is not for preventing players to play online games aboard

LOL or Dota2, they all have been localized by tencent and perfected world , both are game giants in china domestic game marktet

The localization , that means better chinese language client, better internet connections, better and easier payment methods, better local communities, more localized marketing,  and also, huge basic users of those game giant.

the WOWs, well, a fail localization  in china, Kongzhong net has a very bad fame

In 2017,before the Kong quit the NASDAQ, only worth 350m dollars.

while, tencent, reach 500B$ in 2017 and PW worth more than 8B$ the same time

WG chose a wrong partner. They are now coop with 360 (19B$ ), not the best choice, but still better than kong, for 360 has a huge user group

You should know that, a fact that

Most chinese young people who plays online-games, are, low-mid educated, poor english skills, and low income

A typical figure of a chinese online gamer, is, mid-school or local community collage(called the 2nd,3rd level collage) graduated, low english skill(IELTS 3.0-4.0) , low-mid income in labor-intensive factories or service, small companies, 400-800$/ month

If there is a good localized online game, they wont go to EU/NA/Asian server, for they cant read the english website or some even dont know how to register an account if official website doesnt provide chinese language, and normally, in chinese server, everything  is much more cheaper

The goverment  know that, they dont need waste resource to ban online games, for most chinese players, they dont have motivation 

PUBG is special, for people can play it on Steam and it is not totally  localized yet 

Nowadays, Steam is very popular in China Mainland, you can find it in every internet cafe, and PUBG is also a fashion, so the CS:GO is. It is Steam make those game popular in China

so you can see the GFW has half banned Steam ,but not for game ,for people are gathering in steam community discuss some none-game content

You can buy and play games on Steam in China Mainland, but you cant use the community. they don't prevent you play games 

The Dam i mean is not GFW alone.

localization is one thing but There always exclusive publishing right in many Online games, and monopoly of Chinese market with 1.4 billion potential customer cant be ignored.

The dam here is metaphor for inclusiveness of CN gaming World (and culture) thats very vast. but unknown to most gamers. (they have like dozens of Wuxia themed MMORG that would rivaled WoWarcraft in active playernumber, or Wangzhe which Biggest MOBA Mobile game bar-none - which game engine licensed in popular SEA ArenaofValor and Mobile Legends). 

Some CN based games like Azurlane, Arknights or future Genshin Impact is damn excellent.  and is trickling to western market. but there much more of CN games and their gamers for better or much much worse behind those dam.

And there western games that tried to go over that Dam (like ehem blizzard). and it bring questionable P2W things into design. so thats why I preffer the Dam Stay. so only the best things can go to the other side of the dam

Edited by humusz

Sign in to follow this