You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drakon233

how much money have you wasted in this game?

45 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,576 posts
26,552 battles

no i dont mean in game credits, i mean IRL hard earned cash.

i was taking a look through my spending records and was really shaken up by how much I've spent on gaming

over the past 2-3 years from part time jobs on the side, I've spent about 2.5k dollars on gaming, and out of that the majority went into FGO and WOWS. FGO being a costly and soul draining gacha addiction notwithstanding the amount of money that went into WOWS also was surprising. the majority of the money went into acquiring extra content like premium ships as well as doubloons for buying T10 camos so i can play T10 all the time, after that the rest of the money went into premium account, Christmas loot boxes and captain retraining

so I'm kinda curious, how much do you other forumers spend on a game that's supposedly "F2P" and what do you usually spulge on

edit. i made a typo, it's actually 2.5k USD

Edited by CV_NMSL

[KAMI]
1,543 posts
12,755 battles

For 4 YEARS

Missouri costed me $160...

360day premium another $78..half priced christmas

Premium container like santa crate all close to $200 total for last year

Doubleloon package, 5 permament camo, $150

This year: 0

Edited by Gummiheng

[NHL]
39 posts

about $740 since Jan,2020 and about $800 last year. I pay the bill all from Steam account , really a long list.

well, not that much money to me, the fluctuation of my stock account will greater than that in just a minute.

If you pay, you get happiness, that's OK, we say you get the utility from you consume behavior

If not, then all you have spend become into sunk costs

If you are considering whether you should pay the next bill, we say you are measuring the  stickiness

Anyway, when I open my steam bill and wish list

I realize that , it is not the money you wasted, but the opportunity you miss the 

M&B2

Sekiro

MHW

AOE1&2

X4

AC7

Well, quite deep

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles

Enough to buy some plastic furniture for their moon base.

[-CAT-]
2,469 posts
11,563 battles

Around $50 - $55 US.

From 2018 to present.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[TLS]
4,187 posts
20,354 battles

Too much drakon... Just too much.

I believe I can buy a Lego UCS Super Star Destroyer with it.

For all you out there, the money I COULD have spent on PR if it was more reasonable went into a pair of combat lightsabers instead.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[LBAS]
1,552 posts

hmm... I wonder if player can request their own transection history from WG...

i believe player have legal right to know though.

[KAMI]
1,543 posts
12,755 battles
1 minute ago, PGM991 said:

no, i tried. they wont show you

[LBAS]
1,552 posts
1 minute ago, Gummiheng said:

now THAT is EVIL scheme to kept player from realize how much money they spend and realize that they should stop.

[MRI]
3,608 posts
15,477 battles

If I had to give a rough estimate I have probably spent about a thousand dollars in total in the years I have played WoWs.

Not too big a deal since I have a decent paying full-time job, but a thousand dollars spent on a single game is quite mind-boggling.

Most of money spent in WoWs went to Premium ships, Premium time and doubloons (usually used to buy more Premium ships).

• Cool 1

[NHL]
39 posts
50 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

now THAT is EVIL scheme to kept player from realize how much money they spend and realize that they should stop.

so a better way is link your WG account to Steam and pay from the steam wallet, Gabe Bewell will show you

Edited by NHLWXY

[FORCE]
2,434 posts
12,277 battles

Let's see...

Scharnhorst             = $0 (from SC)
Musashi                   = $0 (from Arsenal)
Warspite                  = $0 (from token exchange during UK DD event)
PEF                           = $0 (from Directive grind)
Hill                            = $0 (from Benham grind)
Texas                       = $0 (from US Independence Day mission chains)
T-61                          = $0 (from Anniversary 2019 event)
Lazo                         = $0 (from SC)
Huang He                = $0 (from Santa Container)
Gorizia                     = $0 (from Directive grind)
Perma Camos        = $0 (from various events)
Premium Account = $0 (from event tokens & compensations)
Doubloons              = $0
Lootboxes              = $0

TL;DR

I have no interests on challenging the RNG in this game. I spent my money on AL twice (about $90 in total), and Cities Skylines (eff the essential DLCs).

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,973 posts

I reckon over $1000 on WoT.

Still have over 1.5 million Free XP in that game.

At least a few thousand on WoWs, and then the money spent on this....

15_04_2020.PNG.1989ec4bca1563cc606ec2a6057c07f2.PNG

To sum up: A heck of a lot.....

• Cool 1

[NCOTS]
443 posts
11,061 battles

1. An Anshan for around RM50++ (kind of a waste as she isn't a great credit earner or captain trainer)

2. An Atago for RM180 (she's great, so I reckon its a money well spent)

3. Some weekend passes, I might spent around RM60 for this

4. A few Santa crates for around RM80 ++ (I should chopped off my finger for this wastage of money)

In total less than RM400, not a lot and I decide not to spend anymore since I am quite self-sufficient in game now

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,576 posts
26,552 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Too much drakon... Just too much.

I believe I can buy a Lego UCS Super Star Destroyer with it.

For all you out there, the money I COULD have spent on PR if it was more reasonable went into a pair of combat lightsabers instead.

i havnt touched lego since  was 12, the company as a whole died to me when they cut off bionicle, i had quite a few toas and 2 vehicle sets but they really lost their magic later on i feel...

feelsbadman

[HKENL]
575 posts
4,403 battles
4 小時前,CV_NMSL 說:

i was taking a look through my spending records and was really shaken up by how much I've spent on gaming

Where can I find the payment record

I ’m also interested how much money did i spend on this game but I didn’t write it down

Edited by Eason1134HK

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,576 posts
26,552 battles
13 minutes ago, Eason1134HK said:

Where can I find the payment record

I ’m also interested how much money did i spend on this game but I didn’t write it down

i looked through my payment history on the apps i use to splurge in game, namely alipay, Paypal and wepay, summed the total

[HKENL]
575 posts
4,403 battles
2 分鐘前,CV_NMSL 說:

i looked through my payment history on the apps i use to splurge in game, namely alipay, Paypal and wepay, summed the total

not many around 387 dollars

[KAMI]
448 posts
5,964 battles

None in this game and no plans of ever doing so. My backlog of better things I would want just keeps growing anyways.

[TLS]
4,187 posts
20,354 battles
8 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

i havnt touched lego since  was 12, the company as a whole died to me when they cut off bionicle, i had quite a few toas and 2 vehicle sets but they really lost their magic later on i feel...

I was always into the space sets from the start so I didn't feel as much. Plus the fact that the space sets died off during a time when I couldn't afford them meant it didn't affect me much. The Star Wars came along. 

FYI, all interested. This is undergoing construction at Kuat Table Top (thanks to @Lowyat for naming). Currently at Phase 11/17(or 19). No doubloon boosters spent. @Tagnbagsays I need to finish it before the grind ends.

DSC_0286.JPG

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[IWN]
265 posts
2,862 battles

roughly 120 USD might increase to 180 USD if the Covid-19 not gonna stop soon. 
first thing I spent is the Camo for Hakuryuu, second is Kii, third:Kaga, Atago ???? (I haven't decide yet) 

(well I'm dont really care about performance, since I only collecting ship)

Edited by TakemoriKohoto
forgot to include the reason to make the repiles

[CLAY]
2,836 posts
12,635 battles
13 hours ago, PGM991 said:

i believe player have legal right to know though.

13 hours ago, Gummiheng said:

Just look through your card account from your bank for transactions to Wargaming.

13 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

no i dont mean in game credits, i mean IRL hard earned cash.

over the past 2-3 years from part time jobs on the side, I've spent about 2.5k dollars on gaming, and out of that the majority went into FGO and WOWS. FGO being a costly and soul draining gacha addiction notwithstanding the amount of money that went into WOWS also was surprising. the majority of the money went into acquiring extra content like premium ships as well as doubloons for buying T10 camos so i can play T10 all the time, after that the rest of the money went into premium account, Christmas loot boxes and captain retraining

so I'm kinda curious, how much do you other forumers spend on a game that's supposedly "F2P" and what do you usually spulge on

edit. i made a typo, it's actually 2.5k USD

Spent approximately $400 AUD in past 2 years. Been playing since late 2016... so extrapolating, probably $600 to $800.

And I see tomatofox has evolved into eggfox... not sure if that’s up or down the evolutionary ladder.

56 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I was always into the space sets from the start so I didn't feel as much. Plus the fact that the space sets died off during a time when I couldn't afford them meant it didn't affect me much. The Star Wars came along. 

FYI, all interested. This is undergoing construction at Kuat Table Top (thanks to @Lowyat for naming). Currently at Phase 11/17(or 19). No doubloon boosters spent. @Tagnbagsays I need to finish it before the grind ends.

DSC_0286.JPG

I looked this up on line, over $1000 AUD. Still worth it though, I’m sorely tempted.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,576 posts
26,552 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

And I see tomatofox has evolved into eggfox... not sure if that’s up or down the evolutionary ladder.

*cracks*

xqpWR_ct53CxRsBa9v9X5jYV8NdgftMEcnhnA6Z72Pr-xjXcQEdmSm9O2DRNUpABFhDk9N9X2t3u=s1606-c-fcrop64=1,0fdb0000d81dffff-nd

• Funny 4

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
1 時間前、CV_NMSL の発言:

*cracks*

xqpWR_ct53CxRsBa9v9X5jYV8NdgftMEcnhnA6Z72Pr-xjXcQEdmSm9O2DRNUpABFhDk9N9X2t3u=s1606-c-fcrop64=1,0fdb0000d81dffff-nd

Great protein source.