Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NHLWXY

About 200% coupon, how long should I AFK to get one?

17 comments in this topic

[NHL]
39 posts

When I was a new captain, I bought a starter pack on Steam so I miss the 200% coupon

Now I have spend almost thousand $ and still get none coupon. 

I was told that if some one AFK for a very long time, he will receive a recall email with a 200% coupon

I still have more than 800 days premium so is it enough to get one before expired?

It is a bit crazy to consider such a way, but after I read the 0.9.5 Update about Moskva, I think it might be the time....

[AA-AA]
2 posts
11,393 battles
4 小時前,NHLWXY 說:

When I was a new captain, I bought a starter pack on Steam so I miss the 200% coupon

I was told that if some one AFK for a very long time, he will receive a recall email with a 200% coupon

I still have more than 800 days premium so is it enough to get one before expired?

It is a bit crazy to consider such a way, but after I read the 0.9.5 Update about Moskva, I think it might be the time....

I heard that probably 90 days.

I got almost the same situation as you, i plan to try that.

[TF44]
136 posts
19,665 battles
4 hours ago, NHLWXY said:

You have ONLY spent "...almost thousand $...", that is not actually $1000.00 and you were "...AFK for a very long time...", and now you want special treatment. :cap_fainting:

There are players who have spent multiple thousands of dollars and played the game continuously who are far more dedicated to this game than you. These are the players who need to be rewarded well ahead of you.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Angelus_Mortis
  • Cool 3

[NOOB1]
97 posts
6,620 battles

I believe that in all probability that the 200 % coupon is given once to new players after they have completed a number of battles. It could also be dependent on never having bought anything at that stage. So its an enticement to spend when you haven't spent and new to the game.

When I started a NA account I got one but didn't take it up as I just want to transfer my Asia account to NA ( as I don't want to regrind all the silver ships ) when I get a chance. But in retrospect I could have just bought up big on this coupon and just go all Premium ships !

When I stopped playing for close to 9 months - all I got on return was a mission for two super containers.

[NHL]
39 posts
3 hours ago, Angelus_Mortis said:

You have ONLY spent "...almost thousand $...", that is not actually $1000.00 and you were "...AFK for a very long time...", and now you want special treatment. :cap_fainting:

There are players who have spent multiple thousands of dollars and played the game continuously who are far more dedicated to this game than you. These are the players who need to be rewarded well ahead of you.

:Smile_teethhappy:

I dont think it is a "special treatment"

It is Wargaming's "special" marketing mechanism that only those freshman who doesnt spend any coin are worth to "reward"(or we can say "seduce"), those who spend a lot are worthless

Dont you think their marketing rule is strange that, normally sellers will give more discount or bonus to  long-term (or key) customers

You can see they are selling credit and doubloons in the shop under the normal rules that the more you buy the larger discount you get, But that is limited to one-time trade, your account never get any bonus by your passed consumes

AND, when I was a freshman, one one told me that there is a 200% coupon that you must play the game free for more than 100 or 200 rounds before they give it to you

You say it is a "Special Treatment" but I would rather to say it is a "Catch" or some kind of (discrimination) that you pay you are "punished" and you dont pay they will "seduce" you

I am not care about those thousand doubloons I missed, I am unhappy with that marking mechanism 

In a long time, I can just tolerate this for I only interested in sailing-type online games, and I think I should pay the bill for my own "innocent" and blame on one else

But when I notice what they are going to do in the 0.9.5, I think may be it is time to LEAVE THE TABLE 

As a player, I dont have other way to express my UNHAPPY about Wargaming's marking mechanism again

That those freshman who dont have Moskva are reward, but those who already has it and spend 5000 doubloons becomes "idiot"

Wargaming are using the same LOGIC again, right?

And I am fear that they will using the same LOGIC in the future again, and again

Maybe I should follow those who give a "disapprove" on the Steam, to show my disapprove

If Wargaming want me back, they  may should  treat long-term customers better

may be you think players shouldn't demand more only because they spend a lot, but I dont think so

Since Wargaming is doing a game business, I think as  customers, we can discuss some marketing and customer experience  

[MRI]
3,602 posts
15,476 battles
1 hour ago, NHLWXY said:

It is Wargaming's "special" marketing mechanism that only those freshman who doesnt spend any coin are worth to "reward"(or we can say "seduce"), those who spend a lot are worthless

I think it is because WG has done their homework and realised those who are willing to spend money on WoWs don't need any more incentivises to spend money because they are already spending.

Think of it this way, there are 3 groups of customers - those who will spend money without any incentives, those who won't spend regardless of incentives, and those who wouldn't spend normally but would spend if given an incentive. It is the last group WG is aiming for.

2 hours ago, NHLWXY said:

Dont you think their marketing rule is strange that, normally sellers will give more discount or bonus to  long-term (or key) customers

It is indeed strange, but then again most sellers do that to retain brand loyalty amidst competition.

In the niche of MMO WWII naval shooter games, WG doesn't have many decent competitors. War Thunder? That plays rather different from WoWs despite the similar setting. Steel Ocean perhaps?

WG knows that you are unlikely to switch over to a competitor, especially after you have already spent money on WoWs (sunk-cost and all). A new/casual player who hasn't spent any money on WoWs? Higher chance they may jump ship. Better to incentivise them to spend money on WoWs so they will feel more invested in it, and thus spend mpre money in future.

So yeah it is not hard to see why WG is catering to the casual players or returnees instead of the regular players.

[NHL]
39 posts
26 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I think it is because WG has done their homework and realised those who are willing to spend money on WoWs don't need any more incentivises to spend money because they are already spending.

Think of it this way, there are 3 groups of customers - those who will spend money without any incentives, those who won't spend regardless of incentives, and those who wouldn't spend normally but would spend if given an incentive. It is the last group WG is aiming for.

It is indeed strange, but then again most sellers do that to retain brand loyalty amidst competition.

In the niche of MMO WWII naval shooter games, WG doesn't have many decent competitors. War Thunder? That plays rather different from WoWs despite the similar setting. Steel Ocean perhaps?

WG knows that you are unlikely to switch over to a competitor, especially after you have already spent money on WoWs (sunk-cost and all). A new/casual player who hasn't spent any money on WoWs? Higher chance they may jump ship. Better to incentivise them to spend money on WoWs so they will feel more invested in it, and thus spend mpre money in future.

So yeah it is not hard to see why WG is catering to the casual players or returnees instead of the regular players.

In fact, I did interested in naval games but WOWs is not irreplaceable.

Before WOWs, I used to play EVE-online for almost 10years, and Uncharted Waters online for 3 years

Maybe I am not that kind of user groups WG is aiming, I mean,  NAVAL and SHOOTER, either of the type is OK to me, EVE is a starship game and no shooter content, neither the UNO

While I also played lots of Shooter game like CS1.5.1.6,CSGO,BF2/3/4...

WOWs is my current online game but it doesn't mean I will play it forever, especially when WG is more and more "cruel" to old players.

It just remind me EvE online. the same its developer CCP did.

Many years ago, that developer change the game repeatedly to make the environment more and more unfriendly, and they ignore costumers' complain

They have a similar  market mechanism, and I believe WG  did learn much from it, that how to "seduce" new players while ignore the old ones like you say, they are "loyalty", because none competitors among the MMO SPACE Sandbox game

But CCP wrong, there is a competitors, that is itself.

When they use "catch" not content/consumer experience to capture  users, they began to step into a wrong way. CCP finally failed and was sold to a Korean company, while EVE-online suffers  continued user churn

I left Eve many years ago, and I "lost" how much? maybe more than 10K thousand US$. I am a producer/trader in that game, I spent a lot $ to buy PLEX and trade for ISK, set up a company with many friends.

Everyday we login into 10 or more accounts to organize the in-game marketing, researching, transporting and producing.

More than 10 years.

That is what kind of user  loyalty??

when we find CCP just treat us like "idiot", we all quit. 

loyalty, can be transfer into something opposite very easily 

well , I may complain too much, but I have a strong feeling that WG is another CCP

they didn't focuse on how to increase customer experience, but only on how to increase profits from custormer.

It like what? give some one shit and say "pay for it", is it so called loyalty?

• Cool 1

[OAKUM]
2,112 posts
16,243 battles

Ahhh.... The age of entitlement, isn't it glorious??

:Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[TF44]
136 posts
19,665 battles

I have another idea. You could always hold your breathe until WG give you that 200% coupon.

That should solve everybody's problems. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[SEATO]
[SEATO]
3 posts
3,726 battles

After my first of my AFK is about 4 Month as I can remember.

Edited by LoneWolfABO

[NHL]
39 posts
6 hours ago, Angelus_Mortis said:

And as the age old cliche says, "Never argue with an idiot...!". :Smile_teethhappy:

I know there would be some one like you that just said an "idiot" then ignore all the problems, maybe WG is doing the same thing

Just like yesterday once more, the last game I played

I spend 1500$ last year but I hardly post on the forum, there are lot of player like me , the so called "silence majority"

Yes, you can see there kinds of people like you, post lots and play more, and your behavior give WG a illusion that "No matter we do, players will always suffer and believe in us"

But that is not correct

Those who disagree with you, that silence ones, will just leave and stop any further payment, only few like me will complain here

Since you kind seems those "loyalty" , maybe you can do better than me 

for example, you can pay 1500$ to WG this year to balance their account income, for I am leaving.

Good luck and sail safe 

Edited by NHLWXY

Beta Tester
3 posts
1,449 battles
On 4/15/2020 at 9:00 PM, NHLWXY said:

You can see they are selling credit and doubloons in the shop under the normal rules that the more you buy the larger discount you get, But that is limited to one-time trade, your account never get any bonus by your passed consumes

AND, when I was a freshman, one one told me that there is a 200% coupon that you must play the game free for more than 100 or 200 rounds before they give it to you

You say it is a "Special Treatment" but I would rather to say it is a "Catch" or some kind of (discrimination) that you pay you are "punished" and you dont pay they will "seduce" you

I am not care about those thousand doubloons I missed, I am unhappy with that marking mechanism 

In a long time, I can just tolerate this for I only interested in sailing-type online games, and I think I should pay the bill for my own "innocent" and blame on one else

But when I notice what they are going to do in the 0.9.5, I think may be it is time to LEAVE THE TABLE 

As a player, I dont have other way to express my UNHAPPY about Wargaming's marking mechanism again

That those freshman who dont have Moskva are reward, but those who already has it and spend 5000 doubloons becomes "idiot"

Wargaming are using the same LOGIC again, right?

And I am fear that they will using the same LOGIC in the future again, and again

Maybe I should follow those who give a "disapprove" on the Steam, to show my disapprove

If Wargaming want me back, they  may should  treat long-term customers better

may be you think players shouldn't demand more only because they spend a lot, but I dont think so

Since Wargaming is doing a game business, I think as  customers, we can discuss some marketing and customer experience  

that's exactly what I am thinking about, I pay for a game for fun, for my own happiness, if the company disappointed me (in such way as we both suffered) I will just leave this game. Thousands of game on the market that I can pay for fun, why this only? the price discrimination scheme totally not working on me. If you disappointed me, ok I won't give you any more money in this. And actually they only have less than 20,000 players in asia lol. the customer support said its the game mechanism theyy can do nothing about it. I feel like bullshit, you can actually do something, a GM has high authorisation in the game, but they just don't want to bother. because they know you will pay anyways.

Beta Tester
3 posts
1,449 battles
On 4/16/2020 at 9:24 PM, NHLWXY said:

I know there would be some one like you that just said an "idiot" then ignore all the problems, maybe WG is doing the same thing

Just like yesterday once more, the last game I played

I spend 1500$ last year but I hardly post on the forum, there are lot of player like me , the so called "silence majority"

Yes, you can see there kinds of people like you, post lots and play more, and your behavior give WG a illusion that "No matter we do, players will always suffer and believe in us"

But that is not correct

Those who disagree with you, that silence ones, will just leave and stop any further payment, only few like me will complain here

Since you kind seems those "loyalty" , maybe you can do better than me 

for example, you can pay 1500$ to WG this year to balance their account income, for I am leaving.

Good luck and sail safe 

these people are those who just play thousands and not pay a peny, they have feeling of the "rich" people. It's normal, just a bunch of losers who dont't have any other options to leave for another game, because they spend too much time and energy in this and they cannot and not dare to leave, if they do leave, in normal life they cannot call a rich guy, "idiot"

[1833]
3 posts
6,023 battles
On 4/15/2020 at 7:00 PM, NHLWXY said:

not quite sure where i've heard about this sales principle.. or if it was mentored to me... The question then was, who will you go after if you are a sales person, the new client inquiring or the frequent buyer that is inquiring... 

The answer was, go after the new client inquiring... its a new business if you close it... dont mind letting the frequent buyer wait... we already had business with him and it will continue that way, he may be pissed for a while.. but after that they will come again. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this