Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Robby_Hermanto

Master of Orion Promo is not working

11 comments in this topic

183 posts
7,063 battles

I participated in the free Master of Orion promo as mentioned in this thread: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/master-of-orion/

I had fulfilled the task and downloaded the Master of Orion Client through the WGC.

However, the game gives me this nice never ending slowly rotating planet until Jesus 2nd coming:

image.thumb.png.b10eddd8d662efa76e5fe2f815824cf1.png

FYI:

My laptop met the minimum requirement. I am running on i5 processor, NVDIA GeForce 933M, 4GB ram, with more than 50GB free hard drive (after the game installed).

The "Repair and Check" procedure from WGC had been done.

Unfortunately my ships at World of Warships cannot do any help as themself still struggling to keep afloat due to the wicked red team.

Please advice; Should I sit and pray until Jesus 2nd coming or should I do anything to access the universe? 

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

[BLESS]
18 posts
9,406 battles

Go read the forum in Master of Orion.  I believe there is a section under "Technical" and "Interface issue" which require you to download some Virtual C++ thing from Microsoft to overcome this issue

[TF44]
136 posts
19,721 battles

Who is Jesus and why is he coming for a 2nd time!!! :Smile_unsure:

Edited by Angelus_Mortis
  • Funny 1

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,541 battles

Sounds like a technical issue. You are better off looking at the Master of Orion forums or technical support.

My version plays fine and I have been playing it a couple of days now.

Like a true WG game it has its own share of glitches and bugs though. I encountered a glitch where attacking a particular enemy fleet would bug out my game, so I couldn't attack it at all. I had to wipe that ship's species off the galaxy in order to get rid off it. Lucky that fleet consisted of a lone destroyer while my fleets were much stronger, so he avoided my fleets as my transport ships captured all his planets.

[ANZNC]
84 posts
8,879 battles

I haven't worked out how to download the free game yet

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,541 battles
14 minutes ago, Aeek said:

I haven't worked out how to download the free game yet

Have you gone and completed the first mission from here yet?

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/master-of-orion/

After that if you look at your Wargaming Centre you should be able to download the game.

[ANZNC]
84 posts
8,879 battles

wargaming centre seems to be the issue

[KMS-A]
300 posts
6,200 battles

Great solo game. Actually been playing that a lot vs WOWS. Questionable whether it's a good idea for WG to give it for free as it quite competitively competes for play time.

The game is quite glitchy though. One time I was fighting a titan v titan battle using everything I had. Was losing and the battle froze. I clicked abandon battle, and then instead of a defeat I eliminated the enemy with no ship loss.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,541 battles
5 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Great solo game. Actually been playing that a lot vs WOWS. Questionable whether it's a good idea for WG to give it for free as it quite competitively competes for play time.

Yeah the game can get rather addictive.

One more turn... one more turn... ok I shall definitely quite next turn... just one more turn... ok I shall quit after this big battle... oh good victory but I should set my things in order before I quit... hmm let me colonise this system first... what I am being attacked? better prepare my defences... ok I shall quit after this battle...

Oh wow where did my day go? :cap_fainting:

5 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

The game is quite glitchy though. One time I was fighting a titan v titan battle using everything I had. Was losing and the battle froze. I clicked abandon battle, and then instead of a defeat I eliminated the enemy with no ship loss.

Well it wouldn't be a WG product without some big glitches. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[KAMI]
463 posts
6,005 battles
7 hours ago, Aeek said:

wargaming centre seems to be the issue

Note that you need to log into the WGC with your email and pass. You might have never done that since WoWs never requires that.

1,448 posts
6,179 battles
8 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Yeah the game can get rather addictive.

One more turn... one more turn... ok I shall definitely quite next turn... just one more turn... ok I shall quit after this big battle... oh good victory but I should set my things in order before I quit... hmm let me colonise this system first... what I am being attacked? better prepare my defences... ok I shall quit after this battle...

Oh wow where did my day go? :cap_fainting:

Well, this is how a Grand Strategy player often feels...

Sign in to follow this