Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

1st game in moskva and got this feedback

30 comments in this topic

[KMS-A]
288 posts
6,074 battles

Today I played my 1st game in moskva with a 3 pt commander. Lost the game, and I commented in team chat: 'too much to carry, but moskva is a strong ship.'

And then this guy in Salem said something like you are a noob in moskva, got a lot to learn. don't sit back and snip etc.

Well, I do have 2 noob things abt myself:

1. first game in moskva

2. noob portrait logo  (compared to the Salem who has a carrier grade 4 emblem I reckon)

But I did 114k dmg, sinking 2 ships and ranked 3 in the losing team. The salem ranked something like the bottom 3rd. I don't think moskva is a close combat ship, especially when enemy has the upper hand because you don't want to exposure the weak broadside.

Replay file:

https://replayswows.com/replay/download/87422

Edited by sfcgx3
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,575 posts
26,552 battles
14 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

Today I played my 1st game in moskva with a 3 pt commander. Lost the game, and I commented in team chat: 'too much to carry, but moskva is a strong ship.'

And then this guy in Salem said something like you are a noob in moskva, got a lot to learn. don't sit back and snip etc.

Well, I do have 2 noob things abt myself:

1. first game in moskva

2. noob portrait logo  (compared to the Salem who has a carrier grade 4 emblem I reckon)

But I did 114k dmg, sinking 2 ships and ranked 3 in the losing team. The salem ranked something like the bottom 3rd. I don't think moskva is a close combat ship, especially when enemy has the upper hand because you don't want to exposure the weak broadside.

You could share the replay and we can comment on it, otherwise it's your word of mouth only

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,739 posts
5,745 battles

Your words are air. show us the Replay.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
636 posts
3,256 battles

I...don't think a ship with 3pt commander would survive a T10 battle in this day and age.

But eh, i'm interested. Do you have any replay to show?

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,639 posts
7,755 battles
19 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I...don't think a ship with 3pt commander would survive a T10 battle in this day

3wc61t.jpg

• Funny 4

[KMS-A]
288 posts
6,074 battles
1 hour ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I...don't think a ship with 3pt commander would survive a T10 battle in this day and age.

Wasn't going to bother upload the game, but lol here you go:

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,575 posts
26,552 battles

Advanced issue found

2 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Wasn't going to bother upload the game, but lol here you go:

wanst really your fault, when 3 of your teammates rushed the cap and broadsided half the enemy team to throw the match was already pretty much decided,  you could have tried to push the BBs out further with the PR and Soyuz on top but it's understandable that you stayed at mid to farm damage

but at the same time you should have been dead 5 minutes into the gam when you showed your broadside to the DM at that range...

was if your fault that the team lost+? no not really, but you still do need to work a lot on your map awareness and keep in mind moskva has a thin belt and the turning radius of a BB. 

[AUS-]
208 posts
9,476 battles
On 4/12/2020 at 4:28 PM, Earl_of_Arland said:

i use 0 skill point in t10 ship and i feel good.

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
636 posts
3,256 battles
On 4/15/2020 at 12:12 AM, TsunamiShenShi said:

Playing like that in Smolensk doesn't count in this case.
[Content edited]

Inappropriate use of words, post edited, user warned.
Nya-gaming

[AUS-]
208 posts
9,476 battles
Just now, Earl_of_Arland said:

Playing like that in Smolensk cancer doesn't coumt in this case.

In this ship :

image.thumb.png.2994e1a60d753a0dcf9f09c8b1dafc74.png

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
636 posts
3,256 battles
13 minutes ago, TsunamiShenShi said:

In this ship :

image.thumb.png.2994e1a60d753a0dcf9f09c8b1dafc74.png

That's good then. Less complain on the forum about rigged matchmaking, noob teammates, and others bullcrap in the future.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[AUS-]
208 posts
9,476 battles
Just now, Earl_of_Arland said:

That's good then. Less complain on the forum about rigged matchmaking, noob teammates, and others bullcrap in the future.

but noobs at tier 10 and bots is a real problem, i feel goot not mean my team alway good.

[LBAS]
4,893 posts
11,005 battles

Too wide turning radius 

low concealment

easy catch fire

[MRI]
3,602 posts
15,476 battles

Eh I just watched it and honestly that was a pretty good game considering that was your first ever match in the Moskva and you had a 3 point captain (why the heck are you using a 3 point captain at Tier 10 though).

Not sure what the Salem's problem was, he was probably salty that he died fairly early because the enemy team overwhelmed his flank. I guess you could have pushed up a bit more with the Soyuz and Puerto Rico? The Moskva is pretty tanky as long as you don't expose your broadsides. Imo you could have afforded to take a bit heat off your friendly ships but it is understandable that you chose to bow camp and snipe.

But frankly there was not much you could have done imo. Your team threw the game when a whole bunch of them just sailed right through the cap and exposed their juicy broadsides to the enemy. After they got massacred the match was pretty much decided at that point.

As for playing Moskva, I found there are two main ways of playing it. Either you bow camp like what you were doing or you play as long range sniper in open water. The latter has the advantage of bringing all 3 turrets into play, but it is a lot more risky as you have to be careful to keep your broadsides protected. You need good map awareness of who you are exposing your sides to so you don't get deleted by some BB because you were caught out in the middle or a turn.

[KMS-A]
288 posts
6,074 battles

Thanks mate, that's helpful. Btw I used 3pt because I don't want to retrain a high lev l captain for a ship that's going to become special soon lol.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,639 posts
7,755 battles
7 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

Thanks mate, that's helpful. Btw I used 3pt because I don't want to retrain a high lev l captain for a ship that's going to become special soon lol.

Very valid point.  Good thinking.

[4RSE]
315 posts
7,733 battles
3 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

I've been doing the same thing, only sticking to co-op with my Moskva. I'm only an average player, and have kept my 17 point captain on Donskoi for now. If I have to regrind Donskoi for the Nevsky, this captain will easily be 18 points or even 19 if I use all the dragon flags by the time I put Nevsky in my port.

[KMS-A]
288 posts
6,074 battles
1 hour ago, lunsmann said:

I've been doing the same thing, only sticking to co-op with my Moskva. I'm only an average player, and have kept my 17 point captain on Donskoi for now. If I have to regrind Donskoi for the Nevsky, this captain will easily be 18 points or even 19 if I use all the dragon flags by the time I put Nevsky in my port.

Th only thing I regret atm is I probably shouldn't have bought the ship. Only having it researched will get you the special ship Moskva for free.

[CLAY]
2,836 posts
12,634 battles
1 hour ago, sfcgx3 said:

Th only thing I regret atm is I probably shouldn't have bought the ship. Only having it researched will get you the special ship Moskva for free.

Don’t regret that. You’re not at fault.

Blame WG, they should have told us two months ago. There is no way you could have known.

[TF44]
136 posts
19,665 battles
12 hours ago, TsunamiShenShi said:

Such a great team player!!!

[4RSE]
315 posts
7,733 battles
5 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Thing is, do we know that for certain? Has wargaming actually said that researching without purchasing is enough to own the Ship outright once it is moved to the armory?

I know for a FACT that if the ship is currently in your port, then it will remain in your port as a special ship. That is a stated fact by wargaming. As far as I am aware, everything else people have said in the forums and on discord or twitch has been "hearsay" or "rumour" only. I'm not saying anyone repeating this is wrong, just that I have not seen it definitely confirmed by a wargaming company representative.

I would not regret anything until after the patch goes live and the results are fully revealed.

[KMS-A]
288 posts
6,074 battles
1 minute ago, lunsmann said:

Thing is, do we know that for certain? Has wargaming actually said that researching without purchasing is enough to own the Ship outright once it is moved to the armory?

I know for a FACT that if the ship is currently in your port, then it will remain in your port as a special ship. That is a stated fact by wargaming. As far as I am aware, everything else people have said in the forums and on discord or twitch has been "hearsay" or "rumour" only. I'm not saying anyone repeating this is wrong, just that I have not seen it definitely confirmed by a wargaming company representative.

I would not regret anything until after the patch goes live and the results are fully revealed.

I agree there may be further changes to what they have written in Dev note. Surely the community will provide a lot of feedback on this and I hope WG will listen. 

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,575 posts
26,552 battles
3 hours ago, lunsmann said:

yes it has been confirmed

• Cool 1

[AUS-]
208 posts
9,476 battles
On 4/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, Angelus_Mortis said:

Such a great team player!!!

0 skills point and still good ~ team play and this ship is good enough

image.thumb.png.0bde74c80966a9faffca2363e9649d59.png

Sign in to follow this