You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WorIdofWarsheeps

We won't receive AL. Nevskiy even if We have Moskva in port before RU Cruiser Split

115 comments in this topic

[KOREA]
Moderator, Community Contributor, Super Tester_
825 posts
8,015 battles

c9Q5-ebj4K2aT3cSto-5f.thumb.png.bbd1d730fea61fe413a70d78d4d34dac.png

The only thing we get is just Special ship Moskva. WG Won't give us Nevskiy or Petropavlovsk..

• Cool 1

4,886 posts
8,860 battles

No reason to hasten the grind for Mockba then. Not for me. 

What about the XP? If we researched Mockba, would we get one of the new T10?

@Grygus_Triss "No worse off" huh? :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
4,211 posts
20,361 battles

wg scumming money yet again. Anyways, to put a little more optimism in it, at least grinding MoosCow now means that you have one less ship to grind.

Reading that back again, how can I even say "little more optimism". BLARGH.

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,547 posts
12,769 battles

just imagine..

them converting my mosvka exp  to commander exp..i would be pissed

[KOREA]
Moderator, Community Contributor, Super Tester_
825 posts
8,015 battles

I don't know further information than this sadly. I really feels bad people who grind RU Cruiser tree with FXP in order to get moskva and Nevskiy.

@Paladinum

4,886 posts
8,860 battles

Sad days :Smile_teethhappy: 

7 minutes ago, Work_ln_Progress said:

I don't know further information than this sadly. I really feels bad people who grind RU Cruiser tree with FXP in order to get moskva and Nevskiy.

Thank for the info. Keep up the good works!

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,642 battles
36 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

No reason to hasten the grind for Mockba then. Not for me. 

What about the XP? If we researched Mockba, would we get one of the new T10?

@Grygus_Triss "No worse off" huh? :Smile_teethhappy:

Didn’t expect WG to be this big of a jerk.

4,886 posts
8,860 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

You will still keep Mockba. Not worse! Definitely NOT worse! :Smile_trollface:

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,642 battles

Of course. The real question.

WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL US THIS TWO MONTHS AGO?!!

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,642 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

You will still keep Mockba. Not worse! Definitely NOT worse! :Smile_trollface:

I will begrudgingly accept the ‘free’ premium T10 ship.

Do you know if they make us regrind the main line tech tree T10? Or just buy it for credits?

[LBAS]
4,910 posts
11,036 battles

I always see this coming 

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,666 posts
41,523 battles

Re-grind part 2: Donskoi :cap_haloween: make more money with this

545 posts
6,731 battles

Before everyone gets their knots in a bunch, WG has operated this way ever since the USN split.

Back then, if you owned Cleveland (T6), you got Cleveland (T8), but not the Dallas (new T6). I even remember having to Free XP to the Dallas because the Omaha was such a pain to play.  The ships they moved down, meanwhile, are compensated by you getting the ship researched. For example, if you own Baltimore before (T9) you get the Baltimore at T8 and Buffalo researched.

Now... You get to keep the ships you already own and you don't get anything extra. Chapayev, Donskoi and Moskva are staying at their tiers, and there's no tier shifts or such happening. WG are not obliged to give you free Nevsky, Talinn, Riga or Petro, but you get to keep the Russian cruisers you did research (handy for Moskva since it saves coal). 

Schruef from NA has an explanation on WOWS Official Discord (sry for the uncensored names, then again there is no intent to name and shame here:

Screenshot_2020-04-12-10-51-05-507_com.discord.jpg

• Cool 3

[4RSE]
317 posts
7,817 battles

Playing Donskoi to research Moskva was not a chore for me. It was quite easy, and I had a lot of fun. So doing it again for Nevsky will also not be a chore, especially as we can now mount all the special and economic flags as well as up to 8 combat flags. It won't take long to regrind that t10 ship.

• Cool 1

[SLAVA]
429 posts
7,216 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

wg scumming money yet again. Anyways, to put a little more optimism in it, at least grinding MoosCow now means that you have one less ship to grind.

Reading that back again, how can I even say "little more optimism". BLARGH.

What...?

1 hour ago, Work_ln_Progress said:

@Paladinum

Uh...

1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Um...

I'm going to go to the objective truth here. Why were people expecting to get Nevsky just because they have Moskva?

It was quite clearly stated that Moskva was going to become a coal ship in the future. Completing the grind to Moskva (I went from Budyonny to Moskva in a bit over a month) was in essence speeding to a more or less free Tier 10 premium ship (or special ship) that is likely to have more competitive value than Petropavlovsk - which is honestly quite generous to begin with.

It would have been extremely generous from a game handling perspective to give people 2 top tier vehicles for a single grind, so I don't see anything particularly unreasonable about this even though I was open to both possibilities.

• Cool 4

[KAMI]
1,547 posts
12,769 battles

I wonder what would they compensate me when i bought the perma camo 2years ago and gotten the legendary module

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,130 posts
7,721 battles

When is the split happening....havn't been paying attention :cap_wander:

Might have to free xp a tier10 premium (600 free xp lot cheaper then going rate of 2mil) :Smile_glasses:

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,642 battles
2 hours ago, InterconKW said:

What...?

Uh...

Um...

I'm going to go to the objective truth here. Why were people expecting to get Nevsky just because they have Moskva?

It was quite clearly stated that Moskva was going to become a coal ship in the future. Completing the grind to Moskva (I went from Budyonny to Moskva in a bit over a month) was in essence speeding to a more or less free Tier 10 premium ship (or special ship) that is likely to have more competitive value than Petropavlovsk - which is honestly quite generous to begin with.

It would have been extremely generous from a game handling perspective to give people 2 top tier vehicles for a single grind, so I don't see anything particularly unreasonable about this even though I was open to both possibilities.

Your point is noted and logical.

However, consider the US CL line split.

If a player had all the ships in the main line, before the split (including old Cleveland, Pensacola, etc...), they received all the ships in the main line, including the new T9 Buffalo, plus the new T8 Cleveland in the new line. In essence, they got new T9 to replace the old T9 which was downgraded, and their old T6 was upgraded to the new T8.

Considering we’ve never had a tech tree ship move directly to premium before, this is the closest example we had (Thunderer doesn’t count). And considering WG has said in the past that players would be “no worse off”, it’s a “reasonable assumption” to make, that we would keep Moskva, and get the new T10 which was in Moskva’s place.

And I would have been fine with this. (Ok, I would have grumbled, but accepted their reasoning.)

But I would have been mostly fine...IF WG had stated up front back when this was announced two(?) months ago.

Instead, they announce is, let people start making decisions based on inaccurate information, refuse to correct them, for two months.

This is one of the core problems with WG. They don’t give timely information.

They also allow us to put effort towards something while shifting goalposts, such as with the plan to release the upgrades in rubbish burnheap later this month, while still planning to change them at a later date.

Now, another question for WG, which the OP doesn’t really answer.

Q. When Kirov and Moskva get turned to premiums(special ships), and I effectively lose the tech tree T5 and 10 of the main line, do I simply have to buy the new versions of those ships with credits? Or will I have to grind XP for them? From the T4 and 9 respectively?

Edit: apparently I was misremembering. We did lose the T9 main line in the US CL split, but got it pre researched. I may have some vague memories of playing it to get elite status...

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,642 battles
2 hours ago, TD1 said:

Before everyone gets their knots in a bunch, WG has operated this way ever since the USN split.

Back then, if you owned Cleveland (T6), you got Cleveland (T8), but not the Dallas (new T6). I even remember having to Free XP to the Dallas because the Omaha was such a pain to play.  The ships they moved down, meanwhile, are compensated by you getting the ship researched. For example, if you own Baltimore before (T9) you get the Baltimore at T8 and Buffalo researched.

Now... You get to keep the ships you already own and you don't get anything extra. Chapayev, Donskoi and Moskva are staying at their tiers, and there's no tier shifts or such happening. WG are not obliged to give you free Nevsky, Talinn, Riga or Petro, but you get to keep the Russian cruisers you did research (handy for Moskva since it saves coal). 

Schruef from NA has an explanation on WOWS Official Discord (sry for the uncensored names, then again there is no intent to name and shame here:

Screenshot_2020-04-12-10-51-05-507_com.discord.jpg

I thought we did get the Buffalo? Or am I misremembering?

PS. I still argue that WG could have made this crystal clear 2 months ago.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

545 posts
6,731 battles
11 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I thought we did get the Buffalo? Or am I misremembering?

PS. I still argue that WG could have made this crystal clear 2 months ago.

If you had the Baltimore at T9, you got it researched for you (at the minimum), along with keeping your Baltimore, now at T8.

[KMS-A]
291 posts
6,151 battles

Still worth the grind as you'll get a 'free' T10 special ship, which is worth btw 2m FXP, 250k coal, or 25-30k steel.

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,642 battles
7 minutes ago, TD1 said:

If you had the Baltimore at T9, you got it researched for you (at the minimum), along with keeping your Baltimore, now at T8.

Now that I think of it... I do have some vague memories of playing it to get elite status...

Was there any word if the new T5 and T10 come pre researched, or will we have to grind from Svietlana and DM Donskoi respectively?

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,050 battles
46 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Was there any word if the new T5 and T10 come pre researched, or will we have to grind from Svietlana and DM Donskoi respectively?

In the interest of not being any worse off..... If we have already researched and bought the T5 and T10 in a line and WG decides to do whatever with them, I feel we should at least have the new T5 and T10 researched as we have already done that. I am happy to pay for the new ship as it is an extra ship I did not already have. Having to re-grind a tier in a line that I have already done, I don't agree with.

Also as asked already, what happens to my perma camo for Moskva? Seeing as a special ship at T10 already has an included camo, surely the best outcome is to give the Moskva perma camo owners the perma camo for the ship replacing Moskva? But what if they have no interest to get that ship? 

Same goes for the UU. What is going to happen with the UU? I don't agree with any non tech tree ship having a UU, yet Moskva looks like it will get one now. :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 2