Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Another not a CV thread

10 comments in this topic

4,947 posts
8,867 battles

I will lay out these 2 'precedents' (3 actually) and I want to see what you think they (the precedents) imply for the future of this game:

Let's just assume all stunts are whale baits,

First precedent:

So far, 3 formerly Doubloon premium ships have been converted into Coal ships. They are:

+ Blyskawica (sorry I can't type Poles). Since this conversion (so to speak) happened after the Swedish DD line was announced and kinda close to their release, I assume that it was just a promotion move. However, 2 more followed in 0.9.3;

+ Marblehead and Anshan. I assume they became Coal ships because of their poor sale. This is obviously 100% speculation on my part. But even when I play T5/6/7 ships, these 2 ships are not popular, if not simply non-existent.

Second precedent:

Russian CA split (CA because any cruiser with guns larger than 155 is CA):

Mockba and Kirov became premiums and 2 new ships will replace them in the tech tree. Of course, along with a few more new tech tree CAs.

Just a reminder, a ship that has the potential to be pushed out of the line and become premium can also be a ship in the line split.

Because of which I must recall the worst precedent of all:

Third precedent:

Conqueror got split in twain and became Conquerer with 419 mm guns and Thunderor with 457 mm guns. Conquerer is still in the tech tree, but Thunderor is a Coal ship.

"No worse off", my rear end.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
4,251 posts
20,404 battles

Basically tempt people with tech tree ships which will become worthless after they clone them and genetically modify them into premium ships.

• Funny 3

[FORCE]
2,482 posts
12,358 battles

Here's my take:

First precedent

Using the same theory on Blyskawica, I would guess Roma would be turned into a coal ship to promote RM BB release. This theory is further supported by Impero being tested (that BB with SAP & smoke). I mean the only other choice is Giulio Cesare, we know that ship will never be sold again (for now).

On the the case of Marblehead & Anshan, my guess for the other ships are; Admiral Makarov (probably the most forgotten mid tier premium bote), and probably Hill (because Hill is nowhere near to be OP & seems ok to be owned by everyone).

Second precedent

Third precedent

My guess for that kind of split is Mogami. Mogami with 203 will stay in the tech tree, but she will have to yield her 155mm guns. Then WG will make the "Mogami CL" as a premium ship (Mikuma, Kumano, Suzuya... place your bet). Lion also has 2 different guns, 406 & 419, I'm sure WG will remove one of them, and make another Lion-class BB with the removed gun (Temeraire?).

Edited by Sir_Feather

4,947 posts
8,867 battles
15 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

On the the case of Marblehead & Anshan, my guess for the other ships are; Admiral Makarov (probably the most forgotten mid tier premium bote), and probably Hill (because Hill is nowhere near to be OP & seems ok to be owned by everyone).

No one cares about Makarov. Let that ship drift into oblivion (not the TES game).

Genova? London? Benham?

16 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

My guess for that kind of split is Mogami. Mogami with 203 will stay in the tech tree, but she will have to yield her 155mm guns. Then WG will make the "Mogami CL" as a premium ship (Mikuma, Kumano, Suzuya... place your bet). Lion also has 2 different guns, 406 & 419, I'm sure WG will remove one of them, and make another Lion-class BB with the removed gun (Temeraire?).

Mogami 155 is better as a ship in the IJN CL line. The 203 version can be premium. I think. Takao can replace Mogami in the CA line.

Split FdG and make 420 the premium because why the eff not.

[FORCE]
2,482 posts
12,358 battles
21 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

No one cares about Makarov. Let that ship drift into oblivion (not the TES game).

Genova? London? Benham?

Genova? Maybe.

London? She is still a new one. Exeter has higher chance.

Benham? Maybe as a T9 Free EXP or Steel. I don't think a ship with such gimmick would be handed out for free that easily.

25 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Mogami 155 is better as a ship in the IJN CL line. The 203 version can be premium. I think. Takao can replace Mogami in the CA line.

Split FdG and make 420 the premium because why the eff not.

Indeed. But since we have 3 different Omaha, I don't think WG can resist the urge to make one as a premium even after they put one in CL line. I mean WG can just copy the existing Mogami 155, slap one gimmick on it (most likely heal just like Atago), and ta-da! A new premium bote:Smile_trollface:

As much as I want to see Takao in the tech tree, I think she would be oddly bland because she repeats the same gun layout on Myoko with little differences, and carries on the the same pattern between T7-9. While RN BB has a similar case on T7-9, Monarch just happens to be the odd one out of the 3.

4,947 posts
8,867 battles
50 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Benham

is a T8.

50 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

As much as I want to see Takao in the tech tree, I think she would be oddly bland because she repeats the same gun layout on Myoko with little differences, and carries on the the same pattern between T7-9. While RN BB has a similar case on T7-9, Monarch just happens to be the odd one out of the 3.

Just make Ibuki T8... Takao stays as... ARP Takao/Atago. Replace Ibuki with something more T9.

[TLS]
4,251 posts
20,404 battles
44 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

is a T8.

Just make Ibuki T8... Takao stays as... ARP Takao/Atago. Replace Ibuki with something more T9.

No. Regular Takao in Tech Tree. ARP Takao with Supergravity Cannon at T11.

• Funny 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,350 posts
11,180 battles

All these precedents seem perfectly fine for me.  People can now get some premiums for free using coal that previously could only be purchased with cash or doubloons.  I have no problem with Moskva and Kirov becoming premiums either, since if you already have them you not only get the premium version, but the new tech tree ship as well!  Getting free stuff for zero input is never something to complain about.  As for the Conq/Thunderer split, that was a fantastic change, given that 457mm Conq was awful and went unused.  Now however we get what is effectively an unchanged Conqueror, plus an excellent 457mm Conq version in the Thunderer, which is a fantastic ship, unlike the awfulness that was 457 Conq.

So all pretty good stuff there.  Also, I noticed you missed another precedent that is coming this patch - the premium T8 EU DD Orkan is being released in a few weeks for doubloons - I don't recall a previously unreleased premium ever being released for doubloons before.  This is a great thing for people who have plenty of doubloons with not much of worth to spend them on.

4,947 posts
8,867 battles
3 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Benham is not a T9 ship. Benham should not be a T9 ship.

10 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Also, I noticed you missed another precedent that is coming this patch - the premium T8 EU DD Orkan is being released in a few weeks for doubloons - I don't recall a previously unreleased premium ever being released for doubloons before

All WG did just announcing how a ship is going to be available for when she's released.

There is something else of course, Orkan is going straight into the Arsenal instead of being sold in the Premium Shop first.

11 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

As for the Conq/Thunderer split, that was a fantastic change, given that 457mm Conq was awful and went unused.  Now however we get what is effectively an unchanged Conqueror, plus an excellent 457mm Conq version in the Thunderer, which is a fantastic ship, unlike the awfulness that was 457 Conq.

Remember that one thread where a guy complained about it? Good time.

However, it does feel awful when one day, suddenly my Mogami loses her 155 mm guns and that 155 Mogami becomes a premium and I can't even get a discount for something I previously owned. I'm sure a lot more people are going to be upset about that - 155 mm Mogami is quite popular.

Sign in to follow this