Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vikala

IFHE changes is too brutal for midtier light cruisers

7 comments in this topic

[WA2K]
16 posts
15,805 battles

Like the title said, t6 and 7 CL now can't do shit in tier 8/9 match. The only thing you can fight against is the same tier counterpart, otherwise you will lose even when they miss-played. I encountered a NC who rushed straight into the base in my Schors, and after 100 shells i got tons of shatters, 1 fires and around 20k damage. This isn't fun at all. I tried giving up IFHE and things get even worse, the fires still RNG and you literally can't pen any BB. 
As a mid tier light cruiser your main objective is to harassing BB by kiting/camping, but with this change you can't do that anymore. You can do okay against CA but so do they. And you don't have any tool (like radar) yet to apply another playstyle, 
(And yet WG nerf the income of operations, the sanctuary of t6/7, literally pushed them to random now) 

Conclusion: T6 and 7 light cruiser should have their old 32mm penetration value, you took half of their fire chances afterall. 

Edited by Vikala

[KAMI]
1,540 posts
12,750 battles
1 hour ago, Vikala said:

T6 and 7 light cruiser should have their old 32mm penetration value, you took half of their fire chances afterall. 

just wished they doesnt deduct the fire chance for <=152mm caliber ships

Edited by Gummiheng

[LBAS]
1,815 posts
3,503 battles

Mogador and Kleber is crying underwater......

FIRE CHANCE NERF IS FINE, its trade off for increased penetration....

BUT REDUCED PENETRATION IS SOMETHING ELSE! now i cannt PEN Cruiser because reduced pen and increased armor plating....

now i am barely touch my DD because SHATTER SHATTER AND shatteeerrr

[SMOKE]
2,018 posts
16,204 battles

The whole IFHE change clearly is all aiming only caring for big guns and high tier CL ... and even that is questionable .. how come ask why do T8 to T10 150/152/155 got 1/5 pen while the same gun at lower tier got only 1/6 pen ... the artificial nature of making do with such artificial measure to so call balance so the cruiser can pen same tier cruiser is a point of moot ... especially when we consider the MM take it +/- 2 , the whole concept for IFHE is to increase penetration value so you can challenge armor one class up at least but trying to just balance for the CL at high tier simply mean it screw up everybody else, not just the CL of lower tier, but all DD, and plenty of CA ( 203 now cannot even hope to do much to a BB even with IFHE at high tier when so many now spot such heavy armor ) , if the skill do not offer the consistent penetration it should provide but at the same time nerf the fire chance so much then clearly its a case of a skill ill implemented ; and that is no more apparent than all the 127/130mm DD guns ; you cannot even hope to pen the 27mm deck of USS CA, let alone all those 30mm  or above so the whole concept of giving more penetration now its more like only more penetration so you can shoot the bow and stern ( and only those with thin armor ) and at that great cost to the fire chance ...

I can see the need to reel back on some CL ( but not all CL ) potential but mind it I say potential cause by default they are still having limited damage via those 150/152/155 its not like they are anything like the 305 or 380 on a BB and the whole in-balance of the same tier Cruiser unable to pen equal tier cruiser is WG's own ill implementation of the class by refusing to differentiate CA, CL and CB ( Large Cruiser ) as distinct class  and their over protection to the big guns ; the skill should allow DD able to utilize that skill to challenge CL and CA, CL and CA should had that skill able to allow them to challenge CA and CB and some BB ( thin part ) and those guns on CA CB should be allowed to use the skill to challenge their peers and BB , well BB do not need that .. but at its current state , well none possible .. all it does is artifically giving you a number on the pen value that say you can but really all it do is nothing in real battle

[WA2K]
16 posts
15,805 battles

IFHE should be like this: greatly increase penetrations value (like 40 ~ 50%) but also greatly reduce fire chances (50 ~ 90% based on caliber), so people can choose which way do they want to ultilize their ship. This change just literally throw the skill out of the window and let the ship which has to take the skill suffered hard.

[NCOTS]
442 posts
11,042 battles

They sometimes do not think too far when implementing big changes :fish_palm:

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 3:15 PM, Vikala said:

I encountered a NC who rushed straight into the base in my Schors, and after 100 shells i got tons of shatters, 1 fires and around 20k damage. This isn't fun at all.

Typical American BB. They're quite hard to set on fire. Try to do that against German, British, or Russian BBs. Have you picked Demolition Expert?

Sign in to follow this