You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dejiko_nyo

Narai Nerf

27 comments in this topic

[TLS]
4,236 posts
20,377 battles

This is how hard Narai got nerfed. Played with ALL dragon flags and ALL economic signals.

shot-20_04.09_19_29.44-0475.thumb.jpg.d53e28ffd2e1935e18c9a08fd62bba92.jpgshot-20_04.09_19_29.37-0770.thumb.jpg.a64372b11455772da43ed84be104b13f.jpgshot-20_04.09_19_29.35-0420.thumb.jpg.525839ee6ce1175506c1f5ffff884512.jpg

[LNA]
2,049 posts
14,166 battles

No more free farm i guess, we have it easy for awhile.

But premium consumables being removed from the feature takes a good chunk of credit burdens off anyway. So it should be doable if you joined a clan for the credits benefits.

[-CAT-]
2,534 posts
11,644 battles

I'm not sure if this is a factor in your current game in Narai:

• As of now, completing an Operation with an incomplete team doesn't provide any economic advantages.

?

[TLS]
4,236 posts
20,377 battles
1 minute ago, legionary2099 said:

No more free farm i guess, we have it easy for awhile.

But premium consumables being removed from the feature takes a good chunk of credit burdens off anyway. So it should be doable if you joined a clan for the credits benefits.

money is not an issue for me. at least half a billion credits.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,236 posts
20,377 battles
5 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I'm not sure if this is a factor in your current game in Narai:

• As of now, completing an Operation with an incomplete team doesn't provide any economic advantages.

?

rewarding mediocrity. playing with a smaller team means you have to work harder and this is how it is rewarded?

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,534 posts
11,644 battles
27 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

rewarding mediocrity. playing with a smaller team means you have to work harder and this is how it is rewarded?

This is only my assumption:

WG wording is somewhat vague and deceiving.

Assuming the wording is correct, playing with a smaller teams means playing in a division(?).

Playing in a division would mean less rewards. As a division means that most players are familiar with the operation.

This could also mean, discouraging players from playing operations outside of "Operation of the Week"(?).

Alternatively, this could also mean that, even if your team is divisioned up, and the operation is not the "Operation of the Week", your team will receive the same reward as if the operation was on "Operation of the Week".

[TLS]
4,236 posts
20,377 battles
2 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

WG wording is somewhat vague and deceiving.

Not the first time.

2 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Playing in a division would mean less rewards. As a division means that most players are familiar with the operation.

And what is wrong with a group of people that want to enjoy themselves? 7 of us can't enjoy ourselves together in random. Oh wait, wg, sucking the joy out of gaming; challenging EA and ubisoft.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,534 posts
11,644 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

And what is wrong with a group of people that want to enjoy themselves? 7 of us can't enjoy ourselves together in random. Oh wait, wg, sucking the joy out of gaming; challenging EA and ubisoft.

Either:

WG is balancing playing between with friends vs playing with strangers.

or

Discourage playing scenario as a whole.

Also, since playing with a division would cause no economic benefits (aka nerfed benefits) in scenario / operations, players should also check their post battle rewards in both Random and Co-op battles when in a division. WG may have cut corners and may also have nerfed the rewards you receive when playing Random or Co-op battles, while in a division.

I have no confidence on WG's programming (let alone, as a game developer lately). Since most, if not, all of their patches have some sort of bug(s) that hinders the game being playable.

I think EA is still the king of being a dee bag. WG is not far behind though.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,657 battles

I played two games with dejiko. Sharnhorst and Nelson, my two go to ships. I played average for me for the op,, and only just broke 1000 base XP.

Now, yes, you can mount all of your economic signals on now, so what's the big deal, you still get a lot.

Except those don't affect base xp at all.

What's so important about base XP?

DAILY MISSIONS!

Of the 6 segments of the 2 daily missions, you have the last 4 parts, 1000, 1100, 1200 and 1300 base xp.

Previously, 6 games of Narai with the wolves got me the 2 daily missions. Especially useful when I had only 2-3 hours of play per night, and needed the missions for certain missions or tokens.

Now I would probably need 9 games.

Sometimes I don't have the time nor effort to spend more than 2-3 hours per night, so its really a blow since WG has now told me I have to play more to do the dailies... It might now be faster in co-op...

I mean, I can understand why they want to limit the amount of XP, credits and FXP out there, but this makes those time sensitive, 'must play every day' missions even harder.

BUT...

Maybe I'm being too harsh on WG.

After all, they are a business, an have to convince people to spend money, and ultimately, those daily missions give rewards and may toekns towards ships and such that WG would want you to buy.

So they are basically saying: Either play longer and harder, or pay us for the ships (and if you want the T10 coal ships which aren't also sold in the shop? Tough, you have to be a mad all day gamer, but they are T10...).

So it makes a little more sense, WG are not giving us this stuff for free, we have to accept they are a business...

EXCEPT...

I pay for premium time, I have a year's worth. Yeah, I get the bonus credit and XP, but that doesn't do anything for missions needing base XP...

So they're saying a player who DOES pay them, doesn't get any special treatment as far as the daily missions go...

Hmmm.

I think that the simple solution would be that people with premium time should also get that bonus applied to base XP as far as missions are concerned. That would not give us any extra XP or credits, but would allow us to do base XP missions easier.

And encourage more players to get premium time.

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It's better than teaching newbies how to be a unicum and later end up being a selfish player. And no, you don't have to work harder this time. Getting 0-3 stars are now more acceptable than the old days where you have to get at least 3 stars to satisfy yourself.

3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

And what is wrong with a group of people that want to enjoy themselves?

What, do you still not happy with your 217k of damage and nearly 500k of credits? Maybe a million would make you happy.

[151ST]
2,651 posts
10,487 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 9:45 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

money is not an issue for me. at least half a billion credits.

If you don't want it, I'll take it!!!

Keeping all my ships hurts the bank. I used to have a nice 100-200mil buffer but I've had RM CAs, RN CAs, IJN BBs (Regrind) over the last 6 months and finishing off RN DDs and KM BBs atm means I'm broke...

(It's not actually an issue, I'll probs build up 100 mil this week playing all my premiums, I'm just at a bottleneck atm)

Edited by S4pp3R

744 posts
19,634 battles

Not like it was, but still worthwhile.

flintnarai.thumb.png.77f495bc73afb87b24e251acb7233073.png

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,060 battles

Aegis has been clobbered in the chops with the nerf bat also, as per the 093 patch notes.

Had a few games already where I know from past experience I was expecting around 1900 base xp for one game and around 2200 base xp for the other.

Ended up with 1271 base xp and 1561 base xp. That is a pretty big nerf.

Don't know if anything  else was changed in 093 as I have noticed in all ops played in 093 that some players are getting very decent base xp despite doing next to nothing other than turning up. 

First game I was in Izmail and the only other BB was a Mutsu who died to the 1st wave of ships by going full potato into the smoke ramming into and pushing out a few cruisers and DDs, who abused the hell out of him and rightfully so. All the time he is attracting fire to the ships in the smoke as he kept shooting his guns. He then thought turning north and giving full broadside in front of 2 Ishizuchis and 3 DDs with torps was a good idea when you are the only ship spotted. FYI mate it wasn't. 

TLDR I'm the only BB left and carry the game killing all 3 secondary task BBs and picking up assistant, major contribution, sea star and natural selection. Over 325k damage. New re-balans reward system gives me 1271 base xp.

The Mutsu who wasn't even alive for 90% of the battle and only achievement was taking potential damage before dying still received 880 or so base xp. How and why? 

What is this trend with rewarding the potatoes and kicking the decent players in the ass? This cannot be good for the game as players never realise they are rubbish and think they have actually done quite well and will keep repeating the same stupid plays and getting rewarded for it. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,236 posts
20,377 battles
23 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

-SNIP-

I believe I have said it here and there. "Rewarding mediocrity". If such attempts were made in random (aka nerfing rewards for damage done, boosting rewards for potential damage), see uproar.

• Cool 3

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
6 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

The Mutsu who wasn't even alive for 90% of the battle and only achievement was taking potential damage before dying still received 880 or so base xp. How and why? 

WG mention about that in their how it works video. BB will earn the highest amount of exp with potential damage. How do you forget that?

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,060 battles
17 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

WG mention about that in their how it works video. BB will earn the highest amount of exp with potential damage. How do you forget that?

So the Mutsu being alive for 10% of the battle earning a small amount of potential damage is rewarded way more than me being alive for 100% of the battle and getting a lot of damage and potential damage and having to actually work hard for my ultimately crappy base xp?

I have had 3 Mill potential damage games and have not seen much of an increase to base xp than if I had not much potential damage. WG says a lot of things in their vids, doesn't mean I believe them. 

[FORCE]
2,465 posts
12,337 battles
46 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

So the Mutsu being alive for 10% of the battle earning a small amount of potential damage is rewarded way more than me being alive for 100% of the battle and getting a lot of damage and potential damage and having to actually work hard for my ultimately crappy base xp?

I have had 3 Mill potential damage games and have not seen much of an increase to base xp than if I had not much potential damage. WG says a lot of things in their vids, doesn't mean I believe them. 

That one is indeed a lie. Base xp is still dependent on the good-old damage dealt.

Otherwise, Conqueror would be the best ship for farming credits because the ship can easily achieve the huge potential damage (I think I read somewhere that the record is 7 million on Conqueror).

Edited by Sir_Feather

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,060 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

That one is indeed a lie. Base xp is still dependent on the good-old damage dealt.

Otherwise, Conqueror would be the best ship for credit earning because the ship can easily achieve the huge potential damage (I think I read somewhere that the record is 7 million on Conqueror). 

Yes, that is what I just said. Potential damage does not significantly increase your base xp. Damage you deal is the major earner of base xp.

@mr_glitchy_R was saying that the Mutsu got such a high amount of base xp because of the potential damage it received in the 10% of the op it was alive for. Not true.

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
2 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Oh wait, they also mention "Received and blocked damage." Your Mutsu clearly charge and receive both. But maybe also spotted the enemy. It can't be your friendly Mutsu will choose to stay as dumb as he is. Perhaps he will get better after some defeats in Newport. 

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles

Am I really the only one here who thinks that this change is quite good despite of how many people consider it as a let down?

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,657 battles
39 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Am I really the only one here who thinks that this change is quite good despite of how many people consider it as a let down?

Probably?

For me, when I play, especially with a group, I aim for 5 stars. While it’s nice that those ops where I’m stuck with random players will be better rewarded for 3 stars or less, it’s still a blow for those of us who aim and earn 5 stars consistently. Sort of punishing us for putting in the extra effort.

But the thing I’m still most annoyed about is that now if I’m doing the part 2 of the daily missions, I have trouble getting 1100, 1200 and 1300 base xp in one game. So it will take me twice as long per day.

It actually encourages me to do co-op over operations. 

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
6 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

But the thing I’m still most annoyed about is that now if I’m doing the part 2 of the daily missions, I have trouble getting 1100, 1200 and 1300 base xp in one game. So it will take me twice as long per day.

Are you really that strict when it comes to gaming hours? You must be a very busy person.

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,657 battles
17 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Are you really that strict when it comes to gaming hours? You must be a very busy person.

1. Many people can only play for 2 to 3 hours per day, some people have work and other responsibilities to do.

2. This basically adds and extra hour if you are trying to do both missions.

3. Nothing current, but For many events, WG likes making those missions the key for getting ships or resources. Like the HMS Dreadnought, complete 40 daily missions in a month.

4. On many days, I can do the two missions a day, but every day? Kinda hard when you do have a life outside of gaming. Or even want to spend time playing other games.

I guess it’s WG’s way of saying, “Go hard or Go home or Go to the bank”.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
4,236 posts
20,377 battles

Let me try to remember the 2million potential damage game in my whatever T10 BB where I dealt little damage because everyone was angled against me while I was angled against them, trying to reverse and tanking while the people at the back were not taking advantage. Did I get much XP? NOPE.

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,541 battles
4 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

1. Many people can only play for 2 to 3 hours per day, some people have work and other responsibilities to do.

2. This basically adds and extra hour if you are trying to do both missions.

3. Nothing current, but For many events, WG likes making those missions the key for getting ships or resources. Like the HMS Dreadnought, complete 40 daily missions in a month.

4. On many days, I can do the two missions a day, but every day? Kinda hard when you do have a life outside of gaming. Or even want to spend time playing other games.

I guess it’s WG’s way of saying, “Go hard or Go home or Go to the bank”.

That's the problem with the "live service" games model.

It is not enough for game companies to want players to spend time and money on their game, they want players to spend ALL the time and ALL the money on their game and ONLY their game.