Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rub1c0n

How do you stay motivated to play?

50 comments in this topic

67 posts
3,761 battles

I am not sure I can maintain my enthusiasm for the game.  I have 30 days of premium left but find myself logging out after 3 or 4 battles because the fun factor is hard to find.  For me, CVs are my biggest turn off, I really hate the way they negatively impact my fun.  But, broader than that, I am so tired of being the T8 in a T10 fight, or the T6 in a T8 fight.  The difference is so big I feel I am just making up the numbers and that is not what I want from a game.  Every now and again I get an even match up and I enjoy it but mostly I am out gunned and get smashed.  Not fun.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
231 posts
7,831 battles

it's hard for me to actually motivated another fellow players to keep playing this game because of how the devs throw all their playerbase under the bus and chase wat so called imaginary friends of money and blindfold players. i felt the same months ago and already drop the game and absent from it since, only come up for couple random or play with clan. If you stress out about the game, please dont harm yourself playing the game. There still so many more game out there will let you enjoy the game than this addictive -driven design WG made us into.  It hard i know but drop the game without touching it for a week and you wont feel the necessary of playing the game making you stressed all the time.

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,972 posts

630 days of premium to go.....

All on Co-op.....

tenor.gif?itemid=13515388

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
2,647 posts
8,942 battles

i really happy to be a Tier VI in a Tier VIII match, more EXP 😛

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MRI]
3,599 posts
15,465 battles

Just take a break from the game if you are not having fun.

Don't force yourself to play when you don't want to play.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 2

[KAMI]
1,539 posts
12,736 battles

If you burnt out, dont force yourself to complete your goal first, do something else un-related to WOWs like what @appoclyse mentioned.

Try to find a clan that you can constant chat with ,play with

[AN-DO]
671 posts
9,922 battles

As many of the others here have said, take a break and play something else if you aren't finding things enjoyable. Personally speaking I sometimes find the grind too much and take a few weeks or a month off. Really, what keeps me coming back and what makes this an enjoyable game for me is playing with the friends I've made here and in game, and with my clan-mates. We can mix things up, play seriously and coordinate or have fun with meme divisions. We can have good banter in discord. Feel free to add me in game, I'm more than happy to div with you if you like. You could also look for a clan or join the Social Wolves group for Ops. There are plenty of options, just make sure you're having fun and enjoying things.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
4,890 posts
10,994 battles

I gonna bomb to some AFK 

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,637 posts
7,739 battles

Its a big wide universe of internet games.   Play something else for a while.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
633 posts
3,243 battles

As everybody suggested, try other games when you're tired of World of Warships. Playing when you're already tired or bored is no recipe for fun, and nobody is forcing you to kept playing anyway. 

Say, maybe WoWs is the only 'fun' game you had. Try finding somebody else to div up with, as division will increase your fun factor by having somebody else that can reliably help you in a match, or just there to have chat with.

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,045 battles

Nothing is going to remove any enthusiasm that you do have left for the game faster than feeling like you are forcing yourself to play. 

You have not been playing long. Maybe it is a good thing to find out that Wows is not for you now, rather than in 4 years time.

Take a break and play when you feel the desire to play again. If that doesn't happen well no big deal. Plenty of other fish in the sea so to speak. 

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,515 posts
19,912 battles

...annnnd I'm outta here.

Luckily OG WoW has a +100% XP bonus on at the moment.

I'll be tanking in that game for a while with my third Paladin - Dark Iron Dwarf.

So yeah, I'm off to the game where the player with the most armour and hit points actually does go first.

*gasp*

See Max. See Max go play another game when noob morons spoil his joy of Warships. Be like Max.

outta.png

• Cool 2

[NCOTS]
433 posts
11,034 battles

Like others said, find something else which is fun for you and take a long break from WoWS, maybe after the hiatus your interest in the game will came back and you will enjoy it better, rather than boring yourself out for now. It works for me as I did take 2 breaks from the game as long as half a year, but my interest was miraculously lit again so I am back here and I started to take things easy for now, so the game does not feel like a burden/salt mine for me

[-FUN-]
427 posts
7,206 battles
7 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Just take a break from the game if you are not having fun.

Don't force yourself to play when you don't want to play.

This is where I wish there was a pause button on your premium time timer. To avoid abuse, WG can put some restrictions such as min. 3 days pause before auto resume, only 1 opportunity per month or even per 3 months etc still good for me

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
1,551 posts

ha..... me too don't have any motivation to play WoWs these day...

why?

persona 5 royal are here

Final Fantasy 7 remake on my next paycheck (tomorrow)

with theses 2 God-tier game in my possession, WoWs is the last thing on my mind right now 😄

• Cool 2

[TLS]
231 posts
7,831 battles
3 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

ha..... me too don't have any motivation to play WoWs these day...

why?

persona 5 royal are here

Final Fantasy 7 remake on my next paycheck (tomorrow)

with theses 2 God-tier game in my possession, WoWs is the last thing on my mind right now 😄

At least you have something that let you play than Wows ridiculous Devs play "the players". It felt the same as "the game play the players more than the players play the game".

• Cool 1

[OAKUM]
2,112 posts
16,231 battles

I gave up on grinding, & trying to complete missions & directives after the Duke of York grind,  so after relieving the pressure off, I play for fun, & its so much more enjoyable... & also playing in a clan helps, because you make friends to talk to & play with....

& branch off & play other games as well, that way you don't burn yourself out... You can still be in your clan discord & talk while you play different games...

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz 

Edited by Ordrazz
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,545 posts
26,546 battles
14 hours ago, Rub1c0n said:

Every now and again I get an even match up and I enjoy it but mostly I am out gunned and get smashed.  Not fun.

be the one doing the outgunning and smashing

67 posts
3,761 battles
2 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

be the one doing the outgunning and smashing

Did you totally miss the point where I said I was the T6 in the T8 or the T8 in the T10 fights?  How do you suppose I am going to out gun, please pass on the amazing wisdom you have

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,545 posts
26,546 battles
6 minutes ago, Rub1c0n said:

Did you totally miss the point where I said I was the T6 in the T8 or the T8 in the T10 fights?  How do you suppose I am going to out gun, please pass on the amazing wisdom you have

flank, get to peope's broadsides, abuse islands, abuse your concealment to make strikes. if you are a BB you go after CAs, if you are in a CA then you go after DDs, if you are in a DD then just go around and spam torps 

i never whine about being bottom tier, as long as you have a decent game your XP gain will be way higher than usual, and there's the satisfaction of topping teams 2 tiers higher than you 

• Cool 2

67 posts
3,761 battles
12 minutes ago, CV_NMSL said:

flank, get to peope's broadsides, abuse islands, abuse your concealment to make strikes. if you are a BB you go after CAs, if you are in a CA then you go after DDs, if you are in a DD then just go around and spam torps 

i never whine about being bottom tier, as long as you have a decent game your XP gain will be way higher than usual, and there's the satisfaction of topping teams 2 tiers higher than you 

Well done, you have managed to bore the crap out of me with useless drivel

• Funny 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,545 posts
26,546 battles
4 minutes ago, Rub1c0n said:

Well done, you have managed to bore the crap out of me with useless drivel

if you think that that advice as useless drivel then it's on you, I'm just telling you how to deal with being bottom tiers, if you want to whine instead of learning how to play well when bottom then that's your problem, have a good day

Edited by CV_NMSL
  • Cool 4

4,852 posts
8,859 battles

The +-2 MM is something WG said they won't do anything about, so, if you still play the game, may as well cope with it.

If you want to make a point, go to St. Petersburg and siege Lesta Studio (the developer of WoWS) and demand the changes :Smile-_tongue: I will support you in spirit.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 2

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
633 posts
3,243 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

If you want to make a point, go to St. Petersburg and siege Lesta Studio (the developer of WoWS) and demand the changes :Smile-_tongue: I will support you in spirit.

I will contribute by hijacking USS Missouri, spooling up the rusty engines, and then drives her to Gulf of Finland.

If you need fire support, just broadcast 'Hipper Suck!' through radio. I'm sure 406 mm shell will start raining down within your general location.

OPEN-FIRE.gif.152c9eb88660ae02144f30abff214dd8.gif

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
4,890 posts
10,994 battles
8 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

If you need fire support, just broadcast 'Hipper Suck!' through radio. I'm sure 406 mm shell will start raining down within your general location.

But you're not Noah who's built Ark for hiphoper 

You're not Yoda train saber for Luke Skywalker

shot-20.04.10_17.49.15-0352.jpg

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Sign in to follow this