Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

Anyone got marceau?

18 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
1,825 posts
3,504 battles

Its look like He spammer with failed torpedo.... Concealment is crap....

Just curious anyone get it? There is lack of YouTube review about marceau so i cannt tell weather this ship good or not.

• Funny 3

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,679 posts
41,603 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

Just curious anyone get it? There is lack of YouTube review about Marceau so i cannt tell weather this ship good or not.

you said

On 4/4/2020 at 6:34 PM, Skarhabek said:

1. Since when Tashkent have 8km 69sec reload?

2. How did BB player deal with Smolensk and Thunderer?

3. Why WG remove some premium ship like Enterprise and Siliwangi?

4. I am bored playing CV,... Do you think i should play other class? But i am too afraid.....

Wait Neutrazhimi become coal or buy Georgia already?

Is Georgia accurate for 20+ sniping?

If you recommend Georgia, what should i do to counter Smolensk, Thunderer or other HE spammer like Mainz?

Compare to Republique, How stronk is Georgia survivability factor?

Is secondary build Georgia viableI?

You can try . . .

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
1,825 posts
3,504 battles
44 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Buy and review it for everyone.

seriously no one pick Marceau?

6 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

you said

You can try . . .

alright then

the long torpedo reload + slower than kleber is truly the drawback.... ough

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,081 battles

Was interested when first announced but after looking at the stats now on release Marceau was a pass for me.

Kleber hull with the improved damage saturation and 800m better than Kleber detection. Compared to Kleber her Torps have 3.6k worse alpha per torp, 15 knots less speed and almost double the reload just to get 1 km more range to make 9km instead of Klebers 8km. Nope. Guns are Colbert 127mm guns with nerfed HE and AP alpha damage but with fast turret traverse compared to Klebers slow traverse.

I just didn't feel Marceau offered anything different enough to be interesting and the torps are flat out much worse. IMHO Kleber is overall better than Marceau. Don't need to spend 236k coal to find that out.

If you want the dakka dakka DD gameplay get Kitakaze or Harugumo or Daring for free. If you want the Fast boi DD gameplay get Kleber for free. All of these I already have so it was an easy pass for me. 

That's two DDs in a row now that I have passed on. Smaland as it didn't matter how good it was, 2 Mill free XP is a complete joke and I'm not supporting WG's BS. Plus now Marceau. Someone better take my temperature as I think I must be sick...…...:Smile-_tongue:

Edited by HobartAWD
  • Cool 3

[LBAS]
1,825 posts
3,504 battles
1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

Was interested when first announced but after looking at the stats now on release Marceau was a pass for me.

Kleber hull with Kleber detection. Compared to Kleber her Torps have 3.6k worse alpha per torp, 15 knots less speed and almost double the reload just to get 1 km more range to make 9km instead of Klebers 8km. Nope. Guns are Colbert 127mm guns with nerfed HE and AP alpha damage but with fast turret traverse compared to Klebers slow traverse.

I just didn't feel Marceau offered anything different enough to be interesting and the torps are flat out much worse. IMHO Kleber is overall better than Marceau. Don't need to spend 236k coal to find that out.

If you want the dakka dakka DD gameplay get Kitakaze or Harugumo or Daring for free. If you want the Fast boi DD gameplay get Kleber for free. All of these I already have so it was an easy pass for me. 

That's two DDs in a row now that I have passed on. Smaland as it didn't matter how good it was, 2 Mill free XP is a complete joke and I'm not supporting WG's BS. Plus now Marceau. Someone better take my temperature as I think I must be sick...…...:Smile-_tongue:

Yep, its pretty weird how they butcher its Torpedo despite the same characteristic. 150 sec reload just worse than Shimakaze. Also unlike Georgia, it lack of gimmick

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,343 posts
11,171 battles

I just posted my opinion on Marceau elsewhere, so I'll copy paste here.

Marceau has shell arcs a bit worse than the European 120's and RN 113's.  Her range with AFT of 13.8km is all you'll really be able to use.

She should play a fair bit differently to Kleber.  Having the same hull gives some similarities in play, but I can see a few real advantages that Marceau can use to her benefit.  Firstly she has almost the same DPM as Kleber does with MBRB up.  That's massive, and that makes her the highest DPM DD in the game, taking the mantle off Smaland who held it for a grand total of one patch.  Combine this with her 7km concealment (much better than Kleber's 7.8km), and you have the ability to do what the Kleber used to be so good at - ambush enemy DD's and wipe the floor with them - except you aren't constrained by MBRB availability and uptime, since it is effectively always up.

Her torps are quite different to Kleber's as well, being able to comfortably stealth torp.

Having def AA and long range AA makes her much more capable of operating alone in a CV environment - although Kleber is quite good at this too being exceptional at the drift jink - but Marceau's ability to combine this maneuvre with powerful AA makes her a very unattractive CV target.

Overall, despite being a fair bit worse at pure long range gunboating than Kleber, Marceau is much better in some very important ways.  It seems to be quite a good ship, when played to it's strengths.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,245 posts
20,391 battles
3 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

Yep, its pretty weird how they butcher its Torpedo despite the same characteristic. 150 sec reload just worse than Shimakaze. Also unlike Georgia, it lack of gimmick

Balans my dear sharky friend. Balans. Also, not soviet biaz.

[LBAS]
1,825 posts
3,504 battles
6 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Overall, despite being a fair bit worse at pure long range gunboating than Kleber, Marceau is much better in some very important ways.  It seems to be quite a good ship, when played to it's strengths.

Kleber concealment before nerf is 6.8km, the nerf bat hard by +1km.... Mogador is ALL Better to cap or fight enemies with better concealment.

Marceau indeed can be formidable opponent againts other DD and CV,

but the fact it have 150 sec reload with slow 60 knot hinder its abilities to smack any cruiser. Kleber can smash cruiser with its main gun from long range but i find it hard to do with cal 127mm from gearing or other 127mm DD. also it need far lead to target fast ship from above 11km.

Mogador & kleber before nerf (both concealment and IFHE nerf) can easily kill any radar cruiser, with long range artilery and torpedoes ambush.

after that nerf, better do it with mogador since its most time face againts T9 cruiser and below. its WG fault to release large cruiser like yoshino, stalingrad and puerto rico they are hard to kill due to massive HP and armor will shatter without IFHE. 

everyone complain about Marceau being OP Kleber V2, WG nerf it, but to make it appeal is NERFING Kleber too!

Just now, dejiko_nyo said:

Balans my dear sharky friend. Balans. Also, not soviet biaz.

halah sompret, 120 sec reload would be sufficient. 150 sec reload just overkill

meanwhile....

also i hate the fact that, instead buffing Z-35 to fit T9, they crap it to fit T8

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MRI]
3,615 posts
15,541 battles

Wait I don't understand. Why are you making a fuss about the torps? 

Aren't the French gunboat DDs? Shouldn't you be looking at its guns? And from what I see the Marceau has a lot faster RoF than a Kleber. It doesn't have to wait for MBRB to come off cooldown before it can charge in and just murder DDs.

If you are playing the French DDs as torpedo DD you are doing it very wrong imo.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
1,825 posts
3,504 battles
3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Wait I don't understand. Why are you making a fuss about the torps? 

Aren't the French gunboat DDs? Shouldn't you be looking at its guns? And from what I see the Marceau has a lot faster RoF than a Kleber. It doesn't have to wait for MBRB to come off cooldown before it can charge in and just murder DDs.

If you are playing the French DDs as torpedo DD you are doing it very wrong imo.

I am using Torpedo to sweep another pesky DD or smoked Cruiser, spam it out and they will out. Torpedo is the only way to deter everyone from going to cap. Its have 77 second reload with fast speed and useable range.

My playstyle is compromise of utilizing everything i got. The fact that French DD have good gun and OP torpedo but have massive drawback of no smoke.

Remember, i am the kind of person who only interested in OP ship. French DD is OP in term of gun and run but at the same time able to Stealth Torpedo before nerf. Now only Mogador can do it now. 

I don't see any potential of Marceau after IKEA DD release. It have Repair party, and stronk AA.... What French DD lacking of. The Torpedo itself is sadly 100 sec reload, worst than T7 counterpart.

I told ya Kleber suck now. It bigger, turn wider than Mogador and have worst concealment. Also its T10, making you face mostly same tier. The addition of 15% firepower didnt benefit the lose of 25% survivability factor and MM. IFHE Nerf is really hit hard that i don't want to play French DD. Its not the fire chance, but reduced penetration and ship armor thiccness increase.

If i could mount SAP, i would do it

[SMOKE]
2,061 posts
16,309 battles
14 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

That's two DDs in a row now that I have passed on. Smaland as it didn't matter how good it was, 2 Mill free XP is a complete joke and I'm not supporting WG's BS. Plus now Marceau. ...

Same here ; they cannot just gimmick enough I suppose but gimmicks in the end just gimmicks

• Cool 1

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,796 posts
13,924 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Buy and review it for everyone.

Thanos-dab-Blank-Template-Imgflip.png

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,343 posts
11,171 battles
11 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

IFHE Nerf is really hit hard that i don't want to play French DD.

I totally agree with this sentiment.  I loved French DD's, and the Kleber nerfs were justified, but the IFHE nerf has destroyed the whole line.  The ability to damage cruisers consistently was one of the main positive parts of the line, and now you can't do that it seems rather pointless to play them.

[SMOKE]
2,061 posts
16,309 battles
15 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I totally agree with this sentiment.  I loved French DD's, and the Kleber nerfs were justified, but the IFHE nerf has destroyed the whole line.  The ability to damage cruisers consistently was one of the main positive parts of the line, and now you can't do that it seems rather pointless to play them.

Well that go back to the core value and core gameplay a DD should perform and thus rewarded as well as being provided the mean .. we all know at current state of game you are forced to concentrate on more Damage dealing and less DD Play both out of need to break even and the fact that those DD Play are basic non play for any DD today and especially so for a DD that's suppose to be a DD Lead Guard instead

IFHE nerf is a total disaster that reflecy yet again the big gun only mentality WG had if it screw all the small and 152 T7 or under - so be it -you should not and will not be allowed the play

Edited by Mechfori

[LBAS]
1,825 posts
3,504 battles

Conclusion : Marceau Sux

Friesland do better, Gadjah Mada do better HE spamming, the slow shell arc is unbearable.

Sign in to follow this