Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Hess

anyone know if we will be able to shift accounts to NA or EURO again?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
69 posts
5,239 battles

JUst asking if anyone in the loop knows if they will offer the server shift? its so hard playing with non english speakers and bots all day 😞

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,190
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,545 posts
26,546 battles

not for a long long time, its once in a blue moon

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[CLAY]
Member
2,829 posts
12,627 battles

As the captain formally known as Drakkon said.

Since they’ve done this, in my mind they’ve set a precedent that it will happen again. As this will not be the first time people either want to change for gameplay reasons, because their friends are on a different server, or because they move countries.

If I was WG, I’d offer it once or twice per year. Not sure if their systems would be able to handle it though, seemed to take a while last time, so it’s probably not a simple job. But that’s only incentive to make it simpler.
 

There are many options WG could introduce if they wanted to limit the number of players who move; only a certain time of year, capped numbers on how many can move (maybe have a waiting list), pay to move if they want more money.

The options are there if they don’t want mass exodus.

But they can also use the data of WHY people move to monitor the meta and attitudes of different servers. Trying to find out what people like in different regions so they can make the game better...

... Oh right, WG don’t care what players think anyway, silly idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,252
[FORCE]
Member
2,420 posts
12,266 battles
551
[KAMI]
Member
1,539 posts
12,736 battles

Looking at one comment on the NA forum yesterday about people who rush(aka BOT), i closed the tab and have a drink

i have to say: u move only if u want to experience battles ended up people expressing their egos and generally want to avoid cv

 

 

Edited by Gummiheng
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
229
[KAMI]
Member
447 posts
5,938 battles

Knowing how to play is more important than being able to speak English.

Pings and radios can do quite a decent job for randoms.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,529
[151ST]
Member
2,591 posts
10,407 battles

Finding happiness in oneself is the key to finding true online multiplayer happiness...

- Confucius, probably.

In all seriousness I've tried both, the bots here at least follow simple coding and are predictable, on NA they often talk or do random things, lel...

(I was implying that bot accounts are reliable compared to NA players in case anyone was wondering or is ESL)

:cap_haloween:

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,772
[TLS]
Member
4,169 posts
20,346 battles
173
[UBER]
Member
415 posts
11,849 battles

Hi

The account transfer was closed now, so, you can not transfer your account to another region.

I just sent a ticket to WG to ask about this question several days ago, I hope this could help you.

image.thumb.png.4cf089b2f14b8652f045e94d183fd1ea.png 

 

Good Luck and Fair Seas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
573
Member
744 posts
19,634 battles

Having now spent a considerable time on both servers the most obvious difference on NA is the lack of bots. Second to that is the language, it's so much better to not have the box speak. People will make claims that the radial menu will suffice etc, but that's just BS. Plus the banter is pretty amusing a lot of the time.

As far as CV frequency goes... I don't feel like it's much different but the quality of CV players is certainly lower on NA. There are still those that are god-like of course, but largely CV driver's are quite poorly skilled on NA. 

As far as general player skill goes... I see no difference. There are potatoes aplenty on both servers, don't let anyone tell you one is more skilled than the other, they're just a victim of their own confirmation bias.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,252
[FORCE]
Member
2,420 posts
12,266 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Hey, they appear to be same problems we have!

As I said before; the neighbor's grass may be greener, but it's still grass. Translation for plebs: NA may have different problems, but it is still running the same product.

This is what one of them ends up with:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6f7fc0dc33df260f64f5ca1d960e3099.jpg

And since server transfer is open to anyone, the same non-English speakers may also hop into the boat, just saying. Although there were some Banzai charges too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
338 posts
6,754 battles
4 hours ago, Bot_test_66wp said:

image.thumb.png.4cf089b2f14b8652f045e94d183fd1ea.png 

Quote

I hope that you continue enjoying playing the game for all of its positive aspects

Are those even still in the game at present? :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,529
[151ST]
Member
2,591 posts
10,407 battles
8 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

Having now spent a considerable time on both servers the most obvious difference on NA is the lack of bots. Second to that is the language, it's so much better to not have the box speak. People will make claims that the radial menu will suffice etc, but that's just BS. Plus the banter is pretty amusing a lot of the time.

As far as CV frequency goes... I don't feel like it's much different but the quality of CV players is certainly lower on NA. There are still those that are god-like of course, but largely CV driver's are quite poorly skilled on NA. 

As far as general player skill goes... I see no difference. There are potatoes aplenty on both servers, don't let anyone tell you one is more skilled than the other, they're just a victim of their own confirmation bias.

I was just joking, sheesh...

That's a little more even handed than I was expecting from you Bex...

I agree with CVs, Asia has way more of them and in lower tiers you'll run into clubbers more. I disagree with radial menu, in my experience it just comes down to who you're playing with whether they listen or not.

Simply because you are communicating doesn't mean you should be in control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
69 posts
5,239 battles

Cheers for all the info and reply's guys.

IN general I'm a chilled out dude,  in all games I play, but man this server with the communication barrier's just brings out the worst in me I have to say . I once did ask when I seen your typical food of box talk, and asked what they were saying. I was quickly told to mind my own business and keep to myself. I do miss the English banter from the early days, even the rage etc, but often there was crack up times, and people could make some sense of tactics and just chatting and talking.

 

Ta gain for the reply's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,529
[151ST]
Member
2,591 posts
10,407 battles
1 hour ago, The_Hess said:

Cheers for all the info and reply's guys.

IN general I'm a chilled out dude,  in all games I play, but man this server with the communication barrier's just brings out the worst in me I have to say . I once did ask when I seen your typical food of box talk, and asked what they were saying. I was quickly told to mind my own business and keep to myself. I do miss the English banter from the early days, even the rage etc, but often there was crack up times, and people could make some sense of tactics and just chatting and talking.

 

Ta gain for the reply's

My suggestion is to play with clannies and/or do count-ins on discord...

I still run into a few of the mad-lads from the forums at times @blauflamme22 I totally missed the other day... Soz bro 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
3 posts
484 battles

I dont think we should flood the NA server with non english speaking community. Particularly given the global environment at the moment. The americans have excellent communications during battle and play more cohesively. Boxes popping up on their chat will not be welcomed warmly IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[CLAY]
Member
2,829 posts
12,627 battles
43 minutes ago, Salty_Tomato_Ghost said:

I dont think we should flood the NA server with non english speaking community. Particularly given the global environment at the moment. The americans have excellent communications during battle and play more cohesively. Boxes popping up on their chat will not be welcomed warmly IMO.

Most of the people who want to migrate to NA are English speakers to start with. They go there to get away from the box speakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
3 posts
484 battles

yeah i get your point Triss but many box speakers may also be attempting to get away from all the bots.

34 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Most of the people who want to migrate to NA are English speakers to start with. They go there to get away from the box speakers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×