Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grygus_Triss

The Good, the Bad, and the Meh for 0.9.3 Notes

52 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
2,832 posts
12,628 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-093-europen-destroyers-part-2/

European DD line full release: Good

New Temp Campaign for EU Unique Commander: New campaign Good, but being temporary (6 months) Bad.

Random Bundles: Meh

Daily Shipments: Meh

Clan Battles: Meh

Ranked Sprint: Meh

Interface changes in port - Can now mount all economic signals at once, and 8 battle signals: Good

Interface changes in port - Made it easier to mount and demount signals: Good

Complicated Matchmaking improvements: Good I guess?

Unique Upgrades moving to Amoury: Bad

New Coal Ship TX French DD Marceau: Meh

Smolensk and Jean Bart being removed: Good for Smolensk, Bad for Jean Bart (as I do not have that ship yet, and now never will, oh well)

T8 EU DD added for doubloons: Meh

Other Changes: Mostly Meh

Nerf XP and credit earning in all Operations: Very Bad.

What do you think?

• Cool 4

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
2 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

It's fine rather than playing that frustrating Operation called Newport.

[-CAT-]
2,450 posts
11,540 battles
9 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I thought they are not concentraiting on any PvE content. Apparently they have time to make changes and nerf things.

Oh well, its not like we have told WG what we feel. It's WG who does not listen to player / community feedback. The ball is on them and not us.

This is somewhat a kick on the __________.

• Cool 4

[CLAY]
2,832 posts
12,628 battles
1 minute ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

It's fine rather than playing that frustrating Operation called Newport.

The two major issues I have is that;

1. They increase XP and credit for 0 to 3 stars, but reduce for 4 & 5 stars. This will make randoms less likely to aim for 5 star, they won't push themselves to be better.

2.. No advantage for incomplete teams. Sometimes you cannot get a full 7 team, and you go with what you've got. If 5 people do the work of 7, we deserve to be rewarded properly for that. After all, its not like we really get rewarded for doing the work of 7 when you're IN a 7 man and have dud team mates...

Ultimately, It still needs to be easy to get 1100-1300 base XP every game, because ops are where a lot of people go to get 6 easy wins for the daily missions. You can't rely on 6 wins in a 2-3 hour period in Randoms, let alone GOOD wins. WG is just making it harder to jump through hoops.

4,854 posts
8,859 battles
13 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Random Bundles: Meh

Very awful. You can potentially get a Legendary captain for 500 Doubloon, basically ignore the entire Campaign. If you complete it after getting the captain from the bundle, you get 7,5k Doub. Easy money.

Interface changes in port - Can now mount all economic signals at once, and 8 battle signals: Good

Worse than you think. This means WG can enforce more inflation in the price of FXP ships.

Naval TRASH Cove.

T8 EU DD added for doubloons: Meh

The ship is pretty good me think. Heal and Radar. 

Personally I don't care about Scenario mode, but still bad. 

Dual-tier Ranked Sprint. Would be weird as heck.

Edited by Paladinum

[LBAS]
1,815 posts
3,503 battles
5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

moving to armory? NOPE! ITS REGRIND BULLSHIET

and the cost is insane! da hell its equivalent of regrind the entire line just to get unique upgrade

hey i have enough coal to get jeanbart now, BUT I DONT LIKE JEANBART and Richelieue. all front turret is nightmare....

what do you think? skip? 

the sad thing is, I NEED TO WAIT ANOTHER 6 or more to get Nuetrazhimi

Marceau IS CRAP

- fast firing gun? Kleber do it better since it can spam from 18km. 12km gun and run with low velocity shell is suicide

- AA DD Role? Halland do it better

- Torpedo? only 9km 4x3 torp only 60 knot??? BUT HAVE INSANE long SHIMAKAZE RELOAD? better get shima..... Kleber have better Torpedo with faster reload

- of course after nerf, Kleber and Marceau become shit, MOGADOR at T9 is definetly BETTER

WG should revert Torpedo reload time....

conclusion : Marceau for Coal is wortless

even if WG give it for free for me i wont play it

• Funny 2

[SALT]
2,043 posts
10,542 battles

The new Upgrade was 19.5K NTC points.

which is goddamn expensive

[-CAT-]
2,450 posts
11,540 battles
17 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

:Smile-angry:

And WG keeps asking us to spend money. Hek no.

WG should really re-work this. Not re-name. This mechanic is BS. Not to mention the price to get the UU, for a snowflake like mechanic.

Play low tier. Ha!

Edited by S0und_Theif

[CLAY]
2,832 posts
12,628 battles
9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Naval TRASH Cove.

Yeah, correct. THAT part of the Armoury.

[CLAY]
2,832 posts
12,628 battles
14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Very awful. You can potentially get a Legendary captain for 500 Doubloon, basically ignore the entire Campaign. If you complete it after getting the captain from the bundle, you get 7,5k Doub. Easy money.

Eh, theres 61 bundles total. That means you have 15 chances before you start losing, assuming you do the campaigns.

And for me personally? That's 7500 doubloons I didn't really need in the first place. I just don't like spending money on these gambles.

17 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Worse than you think. This means WG can enforce more inflation in the price of FXP ships.

Good point. It is endlessly funny that all this inflation is WGs own making.

Its funny when you consider that they are looking at making premium consumables free.

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,658 posts
41,465 battles

1 more good thing, a free boat TI Gryf :fish_haloween: and thats all for me in 0.9.3

• Funny 2

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

1. They increase XP and credit for 0 to 3 stars, but reduce for 4 & 5 stars. This will make randoms less likely to aim for 5 star, they won't push themselves to be better.

It's to make it so that getting 5 star isn't an obligation for veterans in Operations. You do know that the more stars you get, the more Base exp you'll get. But by balancing it, it won't force us to do the hard job and be moderate in the battle. Most of the hard work in Narai are farming anyway. The real hard work exist in T6 Operations which has a lot of newbies in it and you have to carry in order to get the maximum result. But by balancing it, you don't have to carry harder anymore and you don't have to be disappointed because of your incompetent teammates. I'm hoping WG would apply this change to T6 operations especially Newport. So that newbies aren't obliged to do their best. They just have to be competent enough to reach victory. And for me, that's fine.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
2,450 posts
11,540 battles
3 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

It's to make it so that getting 5 star isn't an obligation for veterans in Operations. You do know that the more stars you get, the more Base exp you'll get. But by balancing it, it won't force us to do the hard job and be moderate in the battle. Most of the hard work in Narai are farming anyway. The real hard work exist in T6 Operations which has a lot of newbies in it and you have to carry in order to get the maximum result. But by balancing it, you don't have to carry harder anymore and you don't have to be disappointed because of your incompetent teammates. I'm hoping WG would apply this change to T6 operations especially Newport. So that newbies aren't obliged to do their best. They just have to be competent enough to reach victory. And for me, that's fine.

I wish WG could bring back the other senarios. I still have yet to try Hermes and Cerry Blossom (I wish they remove the nation lock on Cherry Blossom and Hermes cruisers.).

Edited by S0und_Theif

[OAKUM]
2,112 posts
16,237 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

hey i have enough coal to get jeanbart now, BUT I DONT LIKE JEANBART and Richelieue. all front turret is nightmare....

what do you think? skip

I think you should get it now, & never sell it, as you probably won't get another chance...

Jean Bart is better than Richelieu, more accurate & very hard hitting, you would be silly not to get it...

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,006 posts
16,195 battles
2 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Agreed, and for a long time already Scenario turn outs to be too much of a kind of everyone running their own kind of play .. I had mentioned before that the reward should sees a change, this one is a positive one but I think its not enough, people will still see their own farming and and above winning the game ; my take is the reward in scenario should had the earned EXP/FXP/Credit bfor any individual split into 2 portion it can be 50/50 or 40/60 that need to be worked out but the point is one of the portion should go into a team pool, and only rewarded ( equally among all member ) if and only if the team gain a victory

[MRI]
3,601 posts
15,476 battles
5 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

19,200 Research points for a Unique Upgrade is really expensive.

I should try to complete as many of my current missions as I can before they expire at the end of the year.

Edited by Thyaliad

[TLS]
4,173 posts
20,346 battles

Garbage scenario changes. It means rewarding mediocrity. How about INTRODUCING THOSE REWARDING MEDIOCRITY CHANGES IN RANDOM INSTEAD.

• Cool 4

[AN-DO]
675 posts
9,922 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

19,200 Research points for a Unique Upgrade is really expensive.

I should try to complete as many of my current missions as I can before they expire at the end of the year.

Thats my focus now, because there is no way I'm ever going to regrind lines and use NTC/RB whatever they want to call it. Part of the outcry at the start was because they wanted for regrinding to give the ship bonuses in battle, now after a long time by locking the unique upgrades in RB they have essentially managed to turn it into their original idea that everybody hated (and most still hate) WG just can't give up on anything no matter how bad it is.

• Cool 2

4,854 posts
8,859 battles
8 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Good point. It is endlessly funny that all this inflation is WGs own making.

Its funny when you consider that they are looking at making premium consumables free.

WG will also use this to ask "why are you still complaining about Russian Burnheap? Every grind is easier now!"

Edited by Paladinum

[CLAY]
2,832 posts
12,628 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

WG will also use this to ask "why are you still complaining about Russian Burnheap? Every grind is easier now!"

Yeah, how’s RB work? Reset line, research next ship with FXP,  play a game or 2 to get the points?

No FXP? No prob, you’re a seasoned player, you have millions of elite XP earned up on ships, just use doubloons to convert it.

I’m pretty sure that’s WGs line of thought.

[LBAS]
4,890 posts
11,000 battles
10 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Unacceptable 

[TLS]
4,173 posts
20,346 battles

To put things extra bluntly: This is shit with a few specks of gold buried in it. Unfortunately, all the bot whalers are economically supporting them financially so there is little we can do. Especially when the NA/EU are so easily and blindly bribed by the little trinkets wg thows out. 

C'est la vie.

[151ST]
2,600 posts
10,413 battles
10 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

What do you think?

European DD line full release: Good
Agreed.

New Temp Campaign for EU Unique Commander: New campaign Good, but being temporary (6 months) Bad.
This is flipping horrible, temporary campaign for a legendary commander... 100% this means the captain is going into the Armoury. I am SOOOO sick of time-gated nonsense, we don't need it! We need more perma campaigns, not less... :etc_red_button:

Clan Battles: Meh
Wow, thanks WG... Coming into the CB seasons where ANZ clans may be able to field teams a tad more often (end of Daylight Savings) and now you make it 1 x CV or BB... Thanks... I REALLY don't think this will go well. We might try but TBH we don't have many CV players and even fewer decent ones (I'm average as all hell with CVs and one of the few with T10s). And here 151 wanted to start getting some CB going for 'fun', our newbies and vets will love this... We aren't competitive anymore and just want to have some fun from time to time. I can't wait to see reddits rage!

Honestly, I don't mind a hybrid tier season, it's a good idea to trial! More T9/10 - erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... More Arms Race - MOAR ERRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. The real question is why would you take a T9 if you have a T10? Good question, glad you asked! I'll be taking Drake in, because some poor player on the other team will bring a different T9 Cruiser that I 100% will eat. Drake is (IMO) probably the best T9 Cruiser and easily better than Goliath. So now our team has a good player in a good T9 and the other team can only do equal or worse...

Interface changes in port - Made it easier to mount and demount signals: Good

Finally! - Only been like 4? years?

Complicated Matchmaking improvements: Good I guess?
I'll wait and see on this one, the last lot were great, we seriously need some lower tier fixes for CV numbers but I don't think their MM timers are long enough *shrugs*

OMG are you serious? You're introducing the Legendaries into the Armoury for 19200 RP, only to also subtly mention you are changing them for 095... How about don't put them in for 'sale' to begin with WG you utter fools. And if 100% they have to be in the Armoury then don't put them up for sale briefly before changing them. Man this is a horrible decision. NTC_2.0 - horrible idea. Research Bureau is perfect for a prestige cosmetics system, leveraging WGs amazing art/graphics department... Obligatory link to my video: Un-Eff-It - Episode 1 - Research Bureau. Seriously WG, you honestly don't seem to want to keep your game modernising and evolving. As the next generation of multiplayer games and consoles come out, you will lose more and more 'hardcore' players because you aren't implementing things that are the basic standard for games 10 years ago, actual end game content that isn't just more T10s...

Such a bad move... They have been neglecting Operations for a long time, pulling some and not adding new ones, way to screw a chunk of your player base - get stuffed WG. I'm not even a massive Ops person but that's mainly because there aren't any new ones to sink my teeth into! Stay strong Social Wolves, stay strong!

• Cool 3

4,854 posts
8,859 battles

Why do you people even dislike Arms Race anyway?

I enjoy it since Day 1. It makes a match more dynamic. Capping is even more relevant. DDs can justify their complaints for no support more. I will try to play some Friesland. There are CVs so strong AA is gud.

Not like Bastion where people are going to stay away from gun range. You know how it goes in this forsaken server.

WG clearly want it to be relevant so may as well cope with it :Smile_popcorn: Arms Race isn't RB or time-gated events that you should totally hate. It's not even Epicenter.

13 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

The real question is why would you take a T9 if you have a T10?

Premium T9 print more credit? :fish_book:

[TLS]
4,173 posts
20,346 battles

T10 CVs. I can count on 3 fingers how many of us currently active in the clan have T10 CVs, and of the 3, only 2  have the full trifecta, the other is just Audacious. And of the 2 that have the trifecta, both are primary co-op. And of those two, I can let you guess who one of them is...

And stop with this high tier nonsense. As for the absence of free captain respecs, I am not fussed because the spec'ing for AA is pointless now. My poor AA spec'ed DM is more useless than a benson. or Akiduckky. 

Honestly, wg is trying to shoehorn things into the game that their own community coordinators don't even touch and expect us to do instead. That is hypocrisy to the max.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this