You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

spotting system

23 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

You have to learn the detectable distance of your ship from air and from sea, most probably you haven't get the grasp of it yet

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

doesn't explain how ships ive spotted in the middle of an open area disappear without the use of smoke or hiding 

Your A.I. crew have bad eyes

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

As kempf above said with those page links, you have to study the detactable distance for each ships, this may even change due to people equipping mods which can decrease their own detection area or increases their viewable detection area. This may further change with the last tier of the captain skills

Alpha Tester
73 posts
284 battles

As kempf above said with those page links, you have to study the detactable distance for each ships, this may even change due to people equipping mods which can decrease their own detection area or increases their viewable detection area. This may further change with the last tier of the captain skills

I wonder if there is a mod that will give a DD the mast height of a BB.

Dan

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

does anyone else like me and thinks the spotting system needs alot of work . 

Does anyone else think that Kongy asks too many stupid noob questions...lol

Beta Tester
87 posts
3,802 battles

doesn't explain how ships ive spotted in the middle of an open area disappear without the use of smoke or hiding 

Bad vision ?crew cant see them in the smoke

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Does it say anywhere the view range of my ship in kilometers?

Nope don't think there is any but from match experience on different ships, the acquisition range depends on your ship type, CV for example have the highest base acquisition range excluding their planes, followed by battleships then CA and last DD.

and as for the modules if people are wondering, here they are:

mod1.png

mod2.png

mod1.png

mod2.png

Edited by Halken_Sky

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I have the Radar on Amagi then on Yamato and I don't see any difference, as in, if the DD is going to be spotted at 5km, the Radar doesn't seem to help at all , unlike in WoT where having more view range than enemy's camo will make him visible at a longer range.

Someone with training room should see if the Radar helps spotting of a DD at a longer range or not, for science !

BTW: You view range is the white highlighted cone you see on your minimap as you look around. Anything within will be visible ,as long they are within their detectability range or had been spotted by allies. While anything outside will be not visible even if spotted by allies but will be shown as a broken dotted outline on the map.

Edited by Windforce

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Well true can't really test to see it's actual effects in actual matches, but i do see a difference with the concealment mod on my destroyers can actually sneak up to 5km close to other DDs some times even closer due to smoke and they can't see me unless I fire a shot

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Haven't gotten that far into the tree found that the lower tier skills are more useful than the tier 4 ones and spent my points there...

The detection and smoke at tier 3 are a must for me so much easier to know if you are detected.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

6th Sense is a definite must for a DD, not just tells you if you are spotted by your prey, but also if any other DD are nearby you did not spot who have spotted you.