Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

0.9.4 ST, Russian Cruisers and more.

28 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,103 posts
14,590 battles

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

In Update 0.9.4 there will be an event dedicated to the Early Access to Soviet heavy cruisers of Tiers VIII and IX. The permanent camouflage "Soviet" will be added for cruisers Mikoyan V, Tallin VIII, Riga IX, Petropavlovsk X, Bagration VIII, and Ochakov VIII.  The "Black Sea" Port was updated and renamed to "Novorossiysk". The port in its usual form will be available in the Modstation. 

Post image
Post image
Post image

From April 15 to June 8, the 9th season of Clan Battles will be held.

From May 20 to June 16, the 16th Ranked Battles season will be held on Tier VII ships in the "7 vs 7" format. Just as the Ranked Battles format changes, so do its rewards: victories this season will bring you up to 4,700 steel and other rewards.

In the updated "Modules" tab you will be able to view upgrades and consumables of ships that are not yet in your port. You can research and purchase a ship in the Tech Tree tab.

The Northern Lights, Shatter, Sleeping Giant, Loop, Greece and Crash Zone Alpha maps have been adapted for the new lighting model and enhanced HDR technology. 

Post image

The location of islands has been changed on the Loop map. It will make it easier to approach key areas and maneuver around them. The island in A7 at the border of the "Atlantic" map was removed. 

Post image
Post image

The number of points at the beginning of each battle in the "Domination" mode in Co-op Battles was changed:

• For battles with 3 key areas from 300 to 400 points

• For battles with 4 key areas from 200 to 300

This will help to reduce the amount of battles which are finished when one of the teams reaches 0 points.

A new expendable camouflage "Recruiting Station", 4 new solid-color expendable camouflages and permanent camouflage "Nordic" are added to the game.

Post image
Post image

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

With the release of Update 0.9.4, Premium consumables will become free and standard consumables will be removed from the game. Thus, there will be only one type of each consumable, with the parameters of the current Premium versions.

Post image

This change will significantly reduce the number of credits spent after every battle and make the game more comfortable for those who cannot afford using premium consumables all the time.

Premium consumables in the Inventory, as well as those mounted on ships will be automatically converted to credits. "More Consumables" containers will no longer be available. Any of these containers you have on your account will be exchanged for 160 000 credits. In other containers and rewards, Premium consumables will be replaced with signals. 

Edited by IJN_Katori
  • Cool 3

[-CAT-]
2,519 posts
11,629 battles

Also full WGC implementaion will also be on May 20. Same as 9.4 patch.

All legacy launcher are now "legacy".

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,541 battles
18 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:
Post image

This change will significantly reduce the number of credits spent after every battle and make the game more comfortable for those who cannot afford using premium consumables all the time.

Premium consumables in the Inventory, as well as those mounted on ships will be automatically converted to credits. "More Consumables" containers will no longer be available. Any of these containers you have on your account will be exchanged for 160 000 credits. In other containers and rewards, Premium consumables will be replaced with signals.  

Wow I thought WG had long since scrapped this idea. Kudos to WG for implementing this.

But the cynic in me can't help but wonder what kind of trade-off we may have to to pay for this change.

[LBAS]
3,103 posts
14,590 battles
1 minute ago, Thyaliad said:

Wow I thought WG had long since scrapped this idea. Kudos to WG for implementing this.

But the cynic in me can't help but wonder what kind of trade-off we may have to to pay for this change.

Many players complained having pleb consumables so they decided that those will be full on free consumables premiums

[KMS-A]
300 posts
6,188 battles

Key question remains open: what will happen to players who own Moskva?

[SMOKE]
2,058 posts
16,289 battles
1 hour ago, sfcgx3 said:

Key question remains open: what will happen to players who own Moskva?

& Kirov

[151ST]
2,644 posts
10,486 battles

Consumable move - good

Ranked not at T9-10 - good.

T7 radars, less good.

Haida at T7 - so much yay...

Using skill to kill T7 radars - best yay and most goods...

4,917 posts
8,860 battles
5 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

In the updated "Modules" tab you will be able to view upgrades and consumables of ships that are not yet in your port. You can research and purchase a ship in the Tech Tree tab.

heavy breathing

In Update 0.9.4 there will be an event dedicated to the Early Access to Soviet heavy cruisers of Tiers VIII and IX.

It's bait. Whale bait.

With the release of Update 0.9.4, Premium consumables will become free and standard consumables will be removed from the game. Thus, there will be only one type of each consumable, with the parameters of the current Premium versions.

Reddit/FB comments: "LMAO prepare for Doubloon ammo"

[TLS]
4,234 posts
20,377 battles

somewhere somehow somewhat here is where I would insert a soviet meme proclaiming the virtues of communism but ever since the fiascos of 2019, it has just become a sarcastic meme showcasing ridiculous decisions.

Also, premium consumables at this moment is just throwing a bone to placate the hungry masses. It was supposed to be out last year, at oh... about september?

[CLAY]
2,841 posts
12,654 battles
6 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

WG will probably nerf credit earning potential of ops or something.

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
9 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

The number of points at the beginning of each battle in the "Domination" mode in Co-op Battles was changed:

• For battles with 3 key areas from 300 to 400 points

• For battles with 4 key areas from 200 to 300

There you go. Finally they give some love to Co-op mode. Kinda hate it when you play in domination and the battle ends so fast. I planned to make a thread about the removal of this mode but at least now WG change the points at the start.

[TLS]
4,234 posts
20,377 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

WG will probably nerf credit earning potential of ops or something.

Geee. I wonder what op is in the firing line.

• Funny 2

[-NZ-]
371 posts
9,183 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Reddit/FB comments: "LMAO prepare for Doubloon ammo"

Pretty much aware for this kind of possibility.

Edited by Sharr_Dextera
  • Cool 2

[FORCE]
2,465 posts
12,327 battles
4 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

There you go. Finally they give some love to Co-op mode. Kinda hate it when you play in domination and the battle ends so fast. I planned to make a thread about the removal of this mode but at least now WG change the points at the start.

Unfortunately, some people are against that change. Here is the most recent one:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/215300-please-do-not-adjust-co-op-starting-points/

TL;DR

The OP is against the change because he only goes to Co-Op for quick games. He even claims he only goes there for snowflakes.

Edited by Sir_Feather

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,060 battles

Good to see coop get some belated love. Prem consumables becoming free and the coop points change will make coop a lot more comfortable to play at higher tiers.

Many people, myself included, had already solved this problem for WG by saying to increase the points on the red team so less chance to reach zero. This was a thing for a long time in coop and since adding the 9th ship has made it much worse. Only took them a couple years to listen. I hope adding points to both teams does not change the speed of reaching 1000 points and winning too much.

No help from champs like Crysantos who on the EU forum would simply repeatedly say "our data is not showing this", when many people would complain about the constant sub 3-4 minute games. Mind you he would never show anyone that data or engage in any discussion other than dismissive and condescending remarks. All hail the mighty spreadsheet!

At one point in a certain EU forum thread Crysantos even blamed the snowflake event for why coop games were ending quickly. :Smile_amazed: Logic 101 right there! It is like a restaurant saying their food is broken because too many people were using the restaurant! Coop poor game mechanics regarding points were exposed when a full team of human players of decent ability would reduce the red team to zero points before all red team ships were killed.

Turns out the precious spreadsheet data WAS showing how badly coop game times were being cut short or they would not have fixed it. Took way longer than it should have, but at least it has finally been done.  

• Cool 4

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,060 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

The OP is against the change because he only goes to Co-Op for quick games. He even claims he only goes there for snowflakes.

In my experience in coop there are so many times when the last 2 or 3 enemy ships are in our sights and about to get killed and the game ends. Very rarely is it a case of several ships that are undetected or on the other side of the map, and therefore it taking a long time to get into range and kill them. I don't see this change causing coop battles to become drawn out by much at all. It hopefully will give way more positives to regular coop players than it does negatives to occasional coop players only looking to do snowflakes and certain directive missions. Plus directive missions like kill "X" number of ships and main gun and secondary hits should be better in coop now.

There is however one ship that appears in some battles that often is undetected for most of the game and stays around the map borders...……… but the Incoming planes usually give away their position and no one ever complains about getting a chance to kill one anyway.... :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 4

[FORCE]
2,465 posts
12,327 battles
5 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

In my experience in coop there are so many times when the last 2 or 3 enemy ships are in our sights and about to get killed and the game ends. Very rarely is it a case of several ships that are undetected or on the other side of the map, and therefore it taking a long time to get into range and kill them. I don't see this change causing coop battles to become drawn out by much at all. It hopefully will give way more positives to regular coop players than it does negatives to occasional coop players only looking to do snowflakes and certain directive missions. Plus directive missions like kill "X" number of ships and main gun and secondary hits should be better in coop now.

There is however one ship that appears in some battles that often is undetected for most of the game and stays around the map borders...……… but the Incoming planes usually give away their position and no one ever complains about getting a chance to kill one anyway.... :Smile-_tongue:

Exactly! I believe there are more complaints about the current version of Co-Op, especially from the new players.

And the bot CVs are still dumbed down enough to make them easy to look for. The ones that are against the change are just delusional, but that's a normal thing on that server.

• Cool 1

50 posts
5,248 battles

I don't run SI on certain ships and premium consumable gets me an extra charge. I wonder how many charges will be mounted after the change?

Edited by BigShip23

[TLS]
4,234 posts
20,377 battles
1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

No help from champs like Crysantos who on the EU forum would simply repeatedly say "our data is not showing this", when many people would complain about the constant sub 3-4 minute games. Mind you he would never show anyone that data or engage in any discussion other than dismissive and condescending remarks. All hail the mighty spreadsheet!

Useless community manager.

1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

At one point in a certain EU forum thread Crysantos even blamed the snowflake event for why coop games were ending quickly

More evidence pointing to useless community manager.

2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Unfortunately, some people are against that change. Here is the most recent one:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/215300-please-do-not-adjust-co-op-starting-points/

TL;DR

Useless player.

<- Not in good mood.

[-ISO-]
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

TL;DR

Oh really? Disagreeing with a change just to make it more efficient for a few days in a year? No just NO!

It's mildly infuriating when I'm about to CQC with enemy BB and the game just end. This the only mode where Victories doesn't guarantee satisfactions.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
2,047 posts
10,542 battles

Well, some people when in snowflakes season even just abandon match, back to port for rinse and repeat  - because they will win anyway

even if it dont, its only co-op in their mind

Edited by humusz

[FORCE]
2,465 posts
12,327 battles
11 minutes ago, humusz said:

Well, some people when in snowflakes season even just abandon match, back to port for rinse and repeat  - because they will win anyway

But most of them don't even realize a win with 0 exp does not knock the snowflakes off. I remember I had a buttheading discussion with one of them on last event.

• Funny 1

[SALT]
2,047 posts
10,542 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Feather said:

But most of them don't even realize a win with 0 exp does not knock the snowflakes off. I remember I had a buttheading discussion with one of them on last event.

thats their trouble, not worth your time lol

4,917 posts
8,860 battles
5 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

0 XP match not knocking off snowflakes is a FACT. Why do people even argue about that??? It's the goddam RULE.

Also, leaving matches before they die or the match ends is a violation of game rules. If they just enter a match and leave, they will be poop brown in no time. People who do that kind of stunt should be permabanned.

Edited by Paladinum

[FORCE]
2,465 posts
12,327 battles
6 minutes ago, humusz said:

thats their trouble, not worth your time lol

I only gave them a warning about that at the start of battle. And the one who went into the buttheading was also the one with AFK divmate. But fact hurt them in the end lol.

5 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

0 XP match not knocking off snowflakes is a FACT. Why do people even argue about that??? It's the goddam RULE.

Sheep can't read the rule

Edited by Sir_Feather

Sign in to follow this