Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

CV's in lower tiers

7 comments in this topic

[G_R]
410 posts
18,772 battles

Been playing lower tiers lately for the "fun" of it and to get away from the grind but since when has 3 cv a game been a thing.

How is that fun being focused by 3 cv you spend the whole battle especially in a bb dodging torps from what seems a crap load of planes.

You cant dodge them all and you cant get your guns trained on anything to fire at.   

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,545 posts
26,546 battles

very true, WG should have nerfed them long long ago

[MRI]
3,599 posts
15,465 battles

I have no idea why WG refuses to do anything about this. According to their vaunted spreadsheets they think this is fine.

46 posts

I wonder if this is why, when I was grinding the mid tiers of the US CA line 3 or so weeks ago there was an almost frighting lack of DDs right through the mid tiers? Never seen anything like it. Half the games I was playing there was no DD on either team at all, and in most only 1. One wonders if the 3 CV at tier 4 thing is simply stopping players from bothering to grind new DD lines?

Don't have to play too many times in a 3 CV game before you give up on DDs entirely?

Not to say the complete lack of DDs at the time might not be attributable to some other reason I'm unaware of? But I did find it curious...

Edited by nevernude

1 post
1,123 battles

As a new player I can't really comment if it is a "thing" or not... but can say without hesitation that it is unbalanced. The only thing less fun is sitting in a BB on a 'team' with no divisions vs. a team full of ranked players and divisions. Awesome fun.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,515 posts
19,912 battles

I dipped my toe back into low tiers a little while ago.

The 3x CV game is not representative of mid tier+ games.

I did not enjoy it.

It kind of baffled me.

It's bad training for higher tiers.

I don't like it.

Anyway, I'm normally chasing missions/campaigns/events/whatever and that all needs T5+.

I suppose some people like being a big fish in a small pond.

Sign in to follow this