Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

destroyer main guns

15 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yes, they automatically apply DPS on any air targets in range. This is reported to increase your visibility (not 100% sure on this), and you can turn it off by hitting P. AA fire does not interfere with firing at surface targets.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

no , i was look at a couple of destroyers , and the main guns on those ships  , the one you normally shoot at other ships where classed as AA guns as well . .look at the nicolas and sims , both have the main 4 guns listed under artillery and AA .

Edited by kongman

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

...yes, those are the guns we're referring to. They count as AA guns, so they apply DPS to any squadrons within their range (which is ~5km, boostable). Doing so does not interfere with regular firing on surface targets.

Do they shoot at enemy planes? Yes. Do you manually fire them at enemy planes? No.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

...yes, those are the guns we're referring to. They count as AA guns, so they apply DPS to any squadrons within their range (which is ~5km, boostable). Doing so does not interfere with regular firing on surface targets.

Do they shoot at enemy planes? Yes. Do you manually fire them at enemy planes? No.

so they are counted in the auto firing ?? and you can still shoot at surface targets as well ....... 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

All AA guns currently function automatically like the previous few posts said.

Also if you are playing a destroyer i suggest you turn your AA off and have it on only when trying to help a friendly ship or when you are behind a land mass and don't mind being spotted.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Also if you are playing a destroyer i suggest you turn your AA off and have it on only when trying to help a friendly ship or when you are behind a land mass and don't mind being spotted.

yes i know this , i was wondering if you had to target planes manually to fire your big guns at planes , as i see alot of AA being fired and none of it loks like main weapons firing .

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

sometimes its goood to tuen your aa of , other times its not a good idea , depends what you are doing .

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

yes i know this , i was wondering if you had to target planes manually to fire your big guns at planes , as i see alot of AA being fired and none of it loks like main weapons firing .

You can still focus your AA to a squadron by using Ctrl + Left click while playing, or simply click it when in Tactical Map mode

The only thing that disturb me about this is, while the enemy target that your AA focus Firing is at your left, the other enemy at your right will quite.... unscathed

EVen if there are MGs both side of the ship facing opposite direction

Edited by Harpoon01

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Guns on Atlanta are dual purpose but WG has chosen to ignore that and not implemented them as AAA.

They *are* AAA. They count towards the ship's AA DPS.

The way AA works in this game is a constant damage over time to any squadron within the ship's AA radius. There's no manual firing of guns at squadrons.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

There is a manual firing in the game like harpoon01 said you have to hold down your left control and click the approaching squadron to have all your AA guns focus fire on that specific fighter this increases your dps on the said squad but any other squad in your Aa engagement area are unsheathed

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

There is a manual firing in the game like harpoon01 said you have to hold down your left control and click the approaching squadron to have all your AA guns focus fire on that specific fighter this increases your dps on the said squad but any other squad in your Aa engagement area are unsheathed

That's manual targeting, not manual firing.

Sign in to follow this