You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Earl_of_Arland

I finally got her... now what? Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

6 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
637 posts
3,263 battles

Ladies and Gentlemen, i have the greatest honor to present you:

The Grand Master of the Order of Solomon Knights!

IMG-20200402-WA0082_enhanced_colors_moderate.thumb.png.0a74f3d4ae669376775377fb68165d38.png

IMG-20200402-WA0083.thumb.jpg.44410bdd10d3c1171092542874869da4.jpg

IMG-20200402-WA0080_enhanced_colors_moderate.thumb.png.81a2d07900cffac82f0eb608af9e6051.png

The Gracious and Beautiful Lady underway

There goes another goal and shipfu achieved on World of Warships.

After a hefty sacrifice of salts and uptiered bullcrap on Helena, i finally got to enjoy the supposed pride of the American Light Cruiser (before the split, at least). Very sleek, and fires a lot faster than Helena. Much more stealthy, AA that actually stings, 1/5 pen, and most important of all...SHE'S THE CUTEST SHIPFU UWU

I finally got to use the camo from the collection!

What's the point of posting here O' Earl, i heard you cry. Well, i want to ask few questions:

1. What the heck is this antenna thingy called 'Radar'? How i'm supposed to use that thing properly? Is it just a legal wallhack or is there any meaningful use to it?

2. Can i play her as a proper open-water cruiser as opposed to the normal camper-style? Is there any tips i can do?

4. Is it worth it to use Rudder Mod instead of the Concealment module? Especially in open water?

5. Can i use her AP? I'm tired of using HE and keep using the same ammo isn't comfortable for my usual playstyle adapted to Hipper

6. Why is her AA kinda...weird?

7. Chocolate or Strawberry?

8. Is it legal to make lewd of her?

9. Where is the 3rd question?!?!?

3. Should i dump Hipper and go full on Cleve-loving?

I suppose...that's it?

Farewell,

Fair winds and following seas!

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
heh...Cleve-r editing
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,529 posts
19,938 battles

Grats.

7. Chocolate

8. It's fine in Denmark (or if you don't get caught).

• Funny 2

[MRI]
3,608 posts
15,480 battles

Very good!

Use Azur Lane camo!

shot-20_04.03_02_42.02-0743.thumb.jpg.c4218d87bf126b9332acb72375df731a.jpg

f7cb6c68-420e-11e8-b8e9-38eaa7374f3c.png.d8c5212df756c3a9b407e009f2e4f95f.png

Cleveland will approve!

1 hour ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

What's the point of posting here O' Earl, i heard you cry. Well, i want to ask few questions:

1. What the heck is this antenna thingy called 'Radar'? How i'm supposed to use that thing properly? Is it just a legal wallhack or is there any meaningful use to it?

2. Can i play her as a proper open-water cruiser as opposed to the normal camper-style? Is there any tips i can do?

4. Is it worth it to use Rudder Mod instead of the Concealment module? Especially in open water?

5. Can i use her AP? I'm tired of using HE and keep using the same ammo isn't comfortable for my usual playstyle adapted to Hipper

1. Use it to flush out DDs hiding in smoke.

2. She has bad shell arcs so I prefer camper style. But you can do anything you can imagine with World of Warships.

4. I dunno. Why don't you try?

5. You can use AP against broadsiding ships at close range. Against everything else use HE.

6. Huh?

7. Chocolate.

8. It should be okay but remember to ask for her permission first.

9. You tell me.

[SALT]
2,043 posts
10,542 battles

Now ? now you level up her skill

58b3e5a173.png

• Funny 2

[FORCE]
2,440 posts
12,284 battles
12 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

1. There is a bug with that thing. It doesn't buff your damage!
  2. Maybe...
  3. ?
  4. Yes unless you are a thirsty lolicon.
  5. Well yes, but actually no. Hipper should be compared to Baltimore imo.
  6. Weird? It screams 'MURICA F*** YEAH!
  7. Lemon:Smile_trollface:
  8. ... Pass
  9. Huh?

1,448 posts
6,163 battles
13 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

3. Should i dump Hipper and go full on Cleve-loving?

I suppose...that's it?

Farewell,

Fair winds and following seas!

1. To flush out destroyers and British CLs (potentially also Italian cruisers) hiding in their smokescreens or actively taking advantage of their concealment (like capturing a cap or you have been spotted while manouvering far from spotted enemies).

2. Possible but rather inefficient due to her floaty ballistics: there are better candidates like Chapayev, Irian, Mainz and Mogami. Though when necessary you would still have to fight on open waters when the situation demands so.

3. Honesty speaking I think Cleveland is more competitive, even after the current IFHE nerf, than Hipper under most situations except rare ones like the one-to-one Ranked Sprint. But one must admit there exist a "naval collection" and personal preference aspects in this game: for example I have chose Zao as my third Tier X ship even though I am well aware that she is currently underpowered in contrast to so many of her peers and even some strong cruisers from Tier IX (like Brindisi; Venezia is simply overpowered). Follow your heart, your mind and your perference.

4. AFAIK if you want to maximize your radar potential, which is largely irreplaceable in contrast to plain, simple firepower output, choose a full-concealment build (like Baltimore and Chapayev). Though I cannot give much further suggestions as I am also unfamiliar to higher-tier USN cruisers (I have just purchased Baltimore with a 12-pointer captain running PT, EM, SI and CE).

5. Only when lightly-armoured enemy cruisers are showing you their broadsides in close range. Flexible ammo selection is a good habit, but the nature of 6-inch naval guns has already restricted your choices.

6. Because of the 127-mm/38 dual-purpose batteries as well as the healthy amount of 40-mm Bofors, as well as the consistent access to DFAA. However under the current CV-AA-Surface interaction system your own AA alone would not prevent enemy attack runs, and being static would significantly increase your vulnerability to airstrikes.

7~9: It's up to your personal preference.

By the way can anyone here offer some suggestion on how to master Baltimore?

• Cool 1