Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

SET A SMOKE SCREEN!

13 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,060 battles

Guy in game a moment ago was getting all worked up.

Visby wouldn't set a smoke screen for him.

• Funny 4

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,988 posts
10 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14255495

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,060 battles
1 minute ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14255495

Hi Dan!

Nice to see you back in form!

• Funny 1

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,060 battles

It has been happening non stop ever since these Swedish DDs came out.  If I had a dollar for every battle I have seen it in I could buy Mainz for free

Same thing back with the French DDs also

Edited by HobartAWD

[CLAY]
2,843 posts
12,657 battles
27 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Did he also get mad at Russian DDs for not capping, or CV for not sending fighters, or Pan Asia DDs for not torping other DDs? Or complained that UK DD smokescreen is too short?

Or perhaps he wanted that Minekaze to win a gunfight with a Nicholas. Or wondered how a German DD could spot him in smoke, or why some BBs have torpedos.

Ok, most of that is all common knowledge now, but you should not get mad at players for not doing something their ship isn’t capable of.

Which is hard if you’re a new player and there’s so many things to know about the different ships.

However, the simpler solution is to just not get mad at other players.

Well, you can still get mad at them for doing something stupid like getting torpedoed after sitting broadside in a smokescreen, or sailing broadside, and a dozen other obvious things which are common across ship classes.

Or you could ask them why they did something, in an effort to understand, and give them advice, only for them to tell you to **** off and let them play how they want.

This is why I don’t give advice or get mad in game often.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,060 battles
16 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

It has been happening non stop ever since these Swedish DDs came out.  If I had a dollar for every battle I have seen it in I could buy Mainz for free

Same thing back with the French DDs also

Blog_0001_2.jpg

[TLS]
4,236 posts
20,377 battles

I don't set smoke screens for bbs because after the mechanics change, they will remain spotted at the range I expect them to be, and I do not smoke sniper bbs.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[CLAY]
2,843 posts
12,657 battles
7 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I don't set smoke screens for bbs because after the mechanics change, they will remain spotted at the range I expect them to be, and I do not smoke sniper bbs.

I’ll occasionally set smoke for BBs, as if they are close to the front and detected by DDs (12km ish) smoke allows them to break contact for a little bit, annoying the enemy.

I’ll also try to smoke a BB who is trying to turn and escape.

[4RSE]
318 posts
7,845 battles

Talking about Swedish DD's and smoke,  had a game this afternoon with the tier spread being 7 to 9. I took my brand new Mainz down the right flank, when the Skane with me decided to rush the cap, asking for support. I looked at the map, all the islands are on the red teams side of the cap, so typed in "don't rush the cap, you have no smoke" and to his credit he "wilco" replied and backed off sending his fish into the likely spots. Long story, but in the end I survived contact with a confederate (no kills) and he survived with 1 kill. Green team secured the win and I left him a compliment.

Most people seem to be ok once you type in "no smoke" after they ask you to smoke screen for them when I have taken one of my Ikea botes out in randoms.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,541 battles
3 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Just tell him that the Visby doesn't have smoke.

This just highlights how ridiculous WoWs is when you can't check what consumables a ship has in-game if you don't already own it.

• Cool 1

[KRKEN]
13 posts
4,857 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I’ll occasionally set smoke for BBs, as if they are close to the front and detected by DDs (12km ish) smoke allows them to break contact for a little bit, annoying the enemy.

I’ll also try to smoke a BB who is trying to turn and escape.

Same. 

Smoking BB's for escape or early game when everyone is still far enough apart to keep from being spotted is the only time it really works.   By the mid-game they're probably spotted no matter what. Smoking for your cruisers can still be smart then though. They can sit in what would be very exposed water for a while and hammer the enemy (radar dependent).

[FORCE]
2,465 posts
12,337 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

This just highlights how ridiculous WoWs is when you can't check what consumables a ship has in-game if you don't already own it.

For a start, WG can just allow anyone to preview the consumables on the ship in the ship preview. Alternatively, WG could just merge the wiki with the ship info on the tech tree in the game client.

Right now we have to buy the ship first which is sort of dumb imo. While the wiki is not openly advertised.

Edited by Sir_Feather

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,060 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Just tell him that the Visby doesn't have smoke.

LOL, yeah I did.

Well what I actually said was, "Dude, it's a Visby!"

😛

Let him work it out.

Teach a man about Visbys and they don't ask for smoke for a battle.

Lead a man to understanding others ships and they learn to be pro for life 😄 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this