Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rurikon

Shimakaze unique upgrade

6 comments in this topic

[RURI]
14 posts
2,291 battles

Still new to the recent updates regarding the ship modules. Now, I have the legendary/unique upgrade for shimakaze, which gives -25% torpedo reload time, but -80% traverse and +50. % incapacitation chance. I noticed that the third slot has two more potentially viable upgrades (MBM2 and TTM1, which give +15% turret traverse and +5% torp speed/+20% traverse/-40% incapacitation respectively). Is it worth changing any of my modules? (i currently use the generic reload speed upgrade in my last slot and ASM1 in my 3rd slot)

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,045 battles

I am a long time Shima owner and have had the UU for a long time as well.

In my opinion the UU which was unusable previously is now ok with these new changed upgrade modules.

Im running TTM1 in slot 3 to help with torp rotation and torp incapacitation. Torp tube rotation is now 30 sec. Got EM on the captain (19 points) to give the turret rotation speed some love as the HE hits very hard on these IJN DDs. I'm not one of those IJN DD players who refuse to use their guns.

Finding it ok and it allows you to actually use the UU now. You still don't want to knife fight DD or cruiser as 30 sec tube rotation is still to slow for that unless you cannot avoid it. Using the right mouse button "free look" trick to lock torps on a bearing when launching very close to an enemy ship helps a lot.

My full build is the following and I am running the 12km torps.

Upgrades: #1 MAM1, #2 Engine room protection, #3 TTM1, #4 PM1 #5 Concealment, #6 Shima UU 

Captain:

1 point PT, PM, IFA

2 point EM, AR, LS

3 point SE, TAE

4 point CE

103 sec reload on these monster damage torps is very nice. Not perfect but it works for me and makes the UU actually a viable choice now.

Edited by HobartAWD
  • Cool 2

[WT-F]
51 posts
2,804 battles
On 2 April 2020 at 11:56 AM, HobartAWD said:

I am a long time Shima owner and have had the UU for a long time as well.

In my opinion the UU which was unusable previously is now ok with these new changed upgrade modules.

Im running TTM1 in slot 3 to help with torp rotation and torp incapacitation. Torp tube rotation is now 30 sec. Got EM on the captain (19 points) to give the turret rotation speed some love as the HE hits very hard on these IJN DDs. I'm not one of those IJN DD players who refuse to use their guns.

Finding it ok and it allows you to actually use the UU now. You still don't want to knife fight DD or cruiser as 30 sec tube rotation is still to slow for that unless you cannot avoid it. Using the right mouse button "free look" trick to lock torps on a bearing when launching very close to an enemy ship helps a lot.

My full build is the following and I am running the 12km torps.

Upgrades: #1 MAM1, #2 Engine room protection, #3 TTM1, #4 PM1 #5 Concealment, #6 Shima UU 

Captain:

1 point PT, PM, IFA

2 point EM, AR, LS

3 point SE, TAE

4 point CE

103 sec reload on these monster damage torps is very nice. Not perfect but it works for me and makes the UU actually a viable choice now.

Thanks mate I literally just unlocked this UU and was a bit disappointed. I also run the 12k torps and wondered how to get the reload down. I can deal with the slow traverse because it suits the way I play.

will give this setup a go 👍

[SMOKE]
2,020 posts
16,216 battles

The UU on Shima is kind of a love it or hate it affair, the -80% transverse is what made it so .. in sort you now had a torp tube that transverse as slow as BB turrets ( and slower than some of them really ) so it really made play all different . It all boils down to how one play more than just what the other part of the UU do

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,045 battles

Well it's all a moot point anyway with WG changing all the UU in 0.9.5, we have literally no idea what we are going to get in the future. What we have now with Shima, and all other ships with UU, might as well change again very soon for all we know.

Will some UU stay the same?

Will all UU change?

Will T10 tech tree ships with no UU finally get one after such a long wait?

Shame WG resorted to their usual deceptive tactics and allow UU to be sold in Research Bureau for 19200 research points right before they are about to change them...…. :Smile_facepalm: 

How would you feel spending 1/3 of an entire Ohio to get a UU that buffs main gun reload and dispersion, only for WG to change it in 0.9.5 to a UU that buffs rudder shift and DCP cooldown...……. :Smile-angry:

[HKENL]
387 posts
13,482 battles
On 4/2/2020 at 8:26 AM, Rurikon said:

Still new to the recent updates regarding the ship modules. Now, I have the legendary/unique upgrade for shimakaze, which gives -25% torpedo reload time, but -80% traverse and +50. % incapacitation chance. I noticed that the third slot has two more potentially viable upgrades (MBM2 and TTM1, which give +15% turret traverse and +5% torp speed/+20% traverse/-40% incapacitation respectively). Is it worth changing any of my modules? (i currently use the generic reload speed upgrade in my last slot and ASM1 in my 3rd slot)

UU's -80% traverse is really terrible. I mount TTM2 instead.

Sign in to follow this