You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

they need to fix the cleveland ,

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

That's hopefully what the next patch will do.

Armor buff -> Cleveland's 6" lose some of their AP DPS.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

[quote name=

Armour and Other Balancing

Along with all these new combatants, we are also ready to introduce yet another bundle of balance upgrades into the game. Some of these upgrades are in response to the players’ requests and experience, and in other cases they simply pursue our plan to upgrade the project.

Armour: Many testers voiced concern that armour played an insufficient role in the game. Having studied the feedback and compiled the damage statistics, we decided to make a slight change to the armour calculation—now it takes into account the plating and construction steel. This provides a moderate defense boost for a number of cruisers and battleships.

Damage Control Party on Battleships: As you know, due to its size, speed characteristics, and potential threat to the enemy, a battleship is a high-value target. In Version 0.3.1, we’ll test a readjustment of the Damage Control Party feature in battleships: now it will work longer due to a slowdown in its reload rate. We believe this change will expand the scope of the Damage Control Party application, and this feature will be used not only as quick repair, but also as short-term defense from module damage, fires, and flooding, enabling battleships to stay in the battle for a longer time and survive under intense attacks. 

Shells: Version 0.3.0 is known to have substantially tilted the balance between AP and HE shells towards the AP ones. We’d like to see both types of shells as equivalent weapons to be used wisely depending on the circumstances, so we did some rebalancing. We removed entirely the kinetic damage of AP shells in case of ricochet and non-penetration, and increased the speed loss of AP shells in water. HE shells’ arming threshold was increased—now HE shells will be more effective in firing at lightly armoured targets as they don’t have the over-penetration effect. In addition, the damage from HE shells was reassessed upwards, although fragmentation splash won’t result in loss of combat capability points anymore—only affected modules will be damaged. We hope these changes will have a positive impact on the diversity and complexity of gunnery.

tl;dr version, the kind of damage the Cleveland's 6" guns are capable of doing will probably be reduced against battleships, or other more heavily armoured cruisers. Also, the Clevelands, as light cruisers, are possibly going to be more susceptible to damage from all HE sources.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I used to oppose a nerf - now I don't.

Being on the receiving end in a DD, absolutely no chance, even I am with a full health Aoba. He just gently take out us one by one :unsure:

10 posts

I used to oppose a nerf - now I don't.

Being on the receiving end in a DD, absolutely no chance, even I am with a full health Aoba. He just gently take out us one by one :unsure:

what?so imba