Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ranork

British (RN) Heavy Cruisers

1 comment in this topic

[ANZAF]
Beta Tester
76 posts
9,734 battles

So is it just me and yes full disclosure I am definitely NOT a UNICUM WoWS player but I find the British Heavy Cruisers (have only made it to the Surrey at Tier VII) completely underwhelming in every respect.

I see few replays on the WoWS replay website, yes they are new but not that new.

Very few "You Tube" or other such Community Contributors with praise for the cruiser line.

Their gun range is pathetic for their given armour layout, good luck surviving to get within torpedo range and if you do get them off good luck surviving the launch while showing broadside.

So far the only thing I have enjoyed about them is their AA but even this has no consequence to the game and they certainly cannot carry.

At least with the Italian line they bought something new (SAP).

Their HE fire chance is mediocre (a good thing for the game i.e it is balanced (looks at smolensk)) and their AP is shite.

I am finding it very hard to be enthusiastic about continuing the grind.

So I have finished the line now and the Tier X British Heavy Cruiser now sits in my port slowly gathering dust. What a HUNK of garbage, If I was forced to play all tier X heavy Cruisers one after each other then the GOLIATH would be last on the list.

It has no tricks up its sleeve, it has trash armour for its tier, trash gun range, trash AP, mediocre to lack luster HE, its just so MEH don't waste your time unless like me you enjoy pain and have no other lines to grind.

Over and OUT.

Edited by Ranork
Update
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this