You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Consumables

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles

Damage Control Party, Smoke Screen, Repair Work, Scout Plane, etc. are all listed as Consumables in the Help screen. At the moment they're free, but sometime in the future they'll likely cost credits (along with ammunition).

In the accelerated economy of WoWS Closed Beta credit rewards are about 10x that of WoT. In WoT, a small repair kit costs 3,000 credits. If we approximate the multi-use Damage Control Party to be in line with this it might cost, say, 10,000 credits per charge. Same for Smoke Screen and the others.

Do you think your usage of these items will change once they start draining your finances? Will fires and flooding become much more lethal if players are reluctant to use Damage Control Party and instead wait for the auto-repair to fix damage?

Personally, I think the auto-repair times will need adjusting. Knocked-out turrets repair relatively quickly and I'll often save the DCP and just let it fix itself. Fires, Flooding, Propulsion, and Steering damage however seems to take literal minutes if left alone - all the while placing the ship in enormous danger. Instant DCP, but could end up costing quite a lot over the course of a battle.

I might also have to re-think my Commander Skills on some ships.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I might also have to re-think my Commander Skills on some ships.

Don't forget that you may get multiple commanders, or a commander as well as multiple sailors like WoT and you have to training multiple skills to get the full effect.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Damage Control Party, Smoke Screen, Repair Work, Scout Plane, etc. are all listed as Consumables in the Help screen. At the moment they're free, but sometime in the future they'll likely cost credits (along with ammunition).

In the accelerated economy of WoWS Closed Beta credit rewards are about 10x that of WoT. In WoT, a small repair kit costs 3,000 credits. If we approximate the multi-use Damage Control Party to be in line with this it might cost, say, 10,000 credits per charge. Same for Smoke Screen and the others.

Do you think your usage of these items will change once they start draining your finances? Will fires and flooding become much more lethal if players are reluctant to use Damage Control Party and instead wait for the auto-repair to fix damage?

Now I starting to want to play CV went the release when all the consumable is Pricey and Always use spread torpedo for annoy some BB or those who get hit:trollface:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

And to think, there are quiet a few more consumables yet to be seen. Found them one night when searching the files, there are speed boosts, hanger boost, turning boost, cammo boosts, and a few other I have forgotten.

Interesting to see how many consumable slots we get

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

And to think, there are quiet a few more consumables yet to be seen. Found them one night when searching the files, there are speed boosts, hanger boost, turning boost, cammo boosts, and a few other I have forgotten.

Wonder if they will be the "flags" from the 0.3.1 preliminary notices?

Beta Tester
60 posts
561 battles

Despite the game still in closed beta, it's nice to see how much thought they've put in already. Would love to see when things get spiced up later on. :3

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Flags and achievements. 0.3.1.