Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Amagi vs Fuso

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Idk why i never noticed these things earlier but is this supposed to be accurate?

U8o6gyX.jpgXR6EXdk.jpg

6WAPZxs.jpgru30pqd.jpg

Why would the Fuso have better stats than Amagi in most areas?

It makes no sense especially considering the Fuso is 2 tiers lower on the tech tree than the Amagi, anyone know if they plan on fixing this or is it as intended?

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

IIRC amagi is a battlecruiser not a battleships so she has less armor that Fusou who is a battleships.

not sure why she has less range though.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

IIRC amagi is a battlecruiser not a battleships so she has less armor that Fusou who is a battleships.

not sure why she has less range though.

Still though they didn't even try to make the stats on Amagi what they actually were lol, i get that she was designed with better armour than Fuso which is why it was not as thick in all places (better angling and so on meant it did not need as much physical armour) but the stats they have are just wrong.

"It was planned that the Amagi class would be protected by a main belt 10 in (254 mm) thick, sloped at 12 degrees, and a torpedo bulkhead 2.875 in (73 mm) thick. The main battery barbettes were designed to have between 9 and 11 in (229–280 mm) of armor plating, and the conning tower would have had armor ranging in thickness from 3 in (76 mm) to a maximum of 14 in (356 mm). Deck armor was to have been 3.875 in (98 mm) thick."

Even the deck armour is wrong, they gave it more than it should have i just do not get it lol...

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Still though they didn't even try to make the stats on Amagi what they actually were lol, i get that she was designed with better armour than Fuso which is why it was not as thick in all places (better angling and so on meant it did not need as much physical armour) but the stats they have are just wrong.

"It was planned that the Amagi class would be protected by a main belt 10 in (254 mm) thick, sloped at 12 degrees, and a torpedo bulkhead 2.875 in (73 mm) thick. The main battery barbettes were designed to have between 9 and 11 in (229–280 mm) of armor plating, and the conning tower would have had armor ranging in thickness from 3 in (76 mm) to a maximum of 14 in (356 mm). Deck armor was to have been 3.875 in (98 mm) thick."

Seems they overreact to word "Battlecruiser" (you know... Less armor but greater speed) 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Seems they overreact to word "Battlecruiser" (you know... Less armor but greater speed) 

this, that's why still stick to fuso class right, i don't feel like getting nagato and amagi. 

if fuso can do that to nagato armor; imagine what she can do to amagi. not sure if we can still do it after the armor update though.

Edited by yansuki

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

I think I'm gonna get me a Fuso.. she looks interesting albeit slow though but meh who cares about that lol~ but her guns though <3 but I'll also keep my Kongo..

It's kinda sad though that real life Fuso didn't saw much action during WW2 (well she did saw one but was sank after that) as Jingles said "She's like the fat kid in school that gets picked last during a basketball match" :( 

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I think I'm gonna get me a Fuso.. she looks interesting albeit slow though but meh who cares about that lol~ but her guns though <3 but I'll also keep my Kongo..

It's kinda sad though that real life Fuso didn't saw much action during WW2 (well she did saw one but was sank after that) as Jingles said "She's like the fat kid in school that gets picked last during a basketball match" :( 

The [unlucky Sisters] poor Fusou and Yamashiro.

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

this, that's why still stick to fuso class right, i don't feel like getting nagato and amagi. 

if fuso can do that to nagato armor; imagine what she can do to amagi. not sure if we can still do it after the armor update though.

Fusou-class suck IJN say

they bring bad luck IJN say

22 posts

I watched Phlydaily's gameplay on Amagi, man, he said it was a relief from Nagato, and has stats comparable to Fuso. And yeah, Fuso has longer range than Amagi, gotta watch out from it though when these two face off.

From the looks, Amagi looks like a very fun ship to use. Gotta watch for those modders though.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

The main improvement is the speed and the 10 x 16" guns. The lesser armour stats (though it'd be interesting to see the actual collision models) aren't a big deal since armour doesn't seem to have much effect anyway.

Alpha Tester
93 posts
3 battles

Um... because her design was bad?

The trivia section on kancolle already cover some of the flaw in her design

Using six twin turrets rather than four triple turrets required a longer ship, 60% of the ship's length, & thus, increased armor.

As turrets No.3 & 4 were not superfiring, they further increased the length.

As turrets No.3 & 4 were mounted amidships along the ship's centerline, they had restricted firing arcs, & forced the boiler rooms to be placed between them non-ideally & with limited space. This required extra insulation & air conditioning in the magazines of turrets No.3 & 4 to protect them from the boiler rooms' heat.

Half the turrets were classified as prone to explode when hit.

Firing turrets No.3 & 4 together would create blast waves that affected the entire ship. (these two do not seem to be on wikipedia)

Fusou is good in this game because none of the flaw above could be implemented in the game, tho I could say her citadel was somewhat bigger than other BB.

Edited by Moesugi

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Fusou is good in this game because none of the flaw above could be implemented in the game, tho I could say her citadel was somewhat bigger than other BB.

The Fusou in-game has a pretty gigantic citadel right amidship, but not many ships can exploit it. But yeah, most of her other real-life flaws aren't very apparent in the game.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

The Fusou in-game has a pretty gigantic citadel right amidship, but not many ships can exploit it. But yeah, most of her other real-life flaws aren't very apparent in the game.

Wait till the Pennsylvania Comes. That thing will kick Fuso's right in the face :trollface:

And Also with the rumoured Armour rework. expect the Fuso and Kongo to be much more vulnerable.

[REACH]
Beta Tester
107 posts
2,227 battles

Wait till the Pennsylvania Comes. That thing will kick Fuso's right in the face :trollface:

And Also with the rumoured Armour rework. expect the Fuso and Kongo to be much more vulnerable.

Isnt New Mexico is right on the drill as they both seem the same as Pennsylvania. 

However Kongo still has the speed advantage.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

well the only issue you would really be wary of with the Fuso in-game would be the high probability of turrets 3 and 4 to go boom when a shell pens the barbette or the turret itself.

for a battleship though, she virtually has the highest amount of main guns despite her flaws.

Sign in to follow this