You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dead_man_walking

ANZAC Day

25 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

As I will be off-line this weekend attending ceremonies away from home, I'm making this post a couple of days early, while I have the opportunity.

This Saturday, 25th April 2015, marks the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings and the birth of the ANZAC legend.

For Australians and New Zealanders this is an important day in our cultures as we pay our respects to those that have gone before us.

Many of your fellow players are current or ex serving men and women of the national forces through out the world.

On this special day of remembrance, please take the time to pay your respects to those that have served, so that we may enjoy the comforts of our modern communities.  Take the time to think of those still serving in actions throughout the world, who cannot be at home enjoying the life we do.  Please take the time to think of their families, husbands, wives, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters that also sacrifice much in their support of their loved ones.

Please put the politics of war aside, while we unite to remember and pay our respects to those that have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Lest we forget.

Alpha Tester
87 posts
3,595 battles

well said,still remember doing dawn parades in the navy up the main street of Auckland,then going to the R.S.A and the ww2 vets would tell us there storys and would not let any of us buy the booze,during my 5 years service i still dont remember how we got back to base,But you are right it is a very important day for us.

lest we forget :honoring:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Why "lest we forget"? R we must to forget it? looking info

*sigh*

Do read up on stuff before posting. 

It's a line that's added on to the Ode of Remembrance, one of the most moving poems to the war dead. It's fourth stanza is typically used in memorial ceremonies.

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

*sigh*

Do read up on stuff before posting. 

It's a line that's added on to the Ode of Remembrance, one of the most moving poems to the war dead. It's fourth stanza is typically used in memorial ceremonies.

hmm, Thanks then, well am I disturbing here? :3

Beta Tester
87 posts
3,802 battles

:honoring:, thought u r testing the game

sorry but game still downloading :P 

i m 1 Mbps internet user so it may take sometime to finish it ( started downloading at about 9 p.m. yesterday and it's now 97% )

Edited by Debauchery_1

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Ladies please take the general chit chat else where

aye sir!:honoring:

about this, are we gonna celebrate it in Saturday?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Commemorate, not celebrate. And it's already being done in this thread.

And back to the topic.

Heroes who shed their blood and lost their lives! You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace.There is no difference between the Johnnies and Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours. You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Commemorate, not celebrate. And it's already being done in this thread.

And back to the topic.

:honoring:, lest we forget. May God among you Soldiers.

Senior Moderator, Alpha Tester, Already in Alpha Testers
116 posts
141 battles

while sorting thru some boxes we found medals belonging to my sons great great grandfather awarded during WW1

They have been cleaned up with new ribbons fitted and a mount obtained, we also got a second miniature set so both his great great grandsons will wear them with pride at parade on saturday morning

1 post
679 battles

I'm apart of the AAFC (Australian Air Force Cadets) I have to do a Dawn Service with Catafalque and a March through a major suburb of Sydney.

:honoring:Gentlemen

Edited by Harry26548

Alpha Tester
87 posts
3,595 battles

while sorting thru some boxes we found medals belonging to my sons great great grandfather awarded during WW1

They have been cleaned up with new ribbons fitted and a mount obtained, we also got a second miniature set so both his great great grandsons will wear them with pride at parade on saturday morning

nice,what medals were they?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

ANZAC day starts for me at 5am, doing a private Dawn Service with a Gunfire Breakfast, after which I will be heading down to the local march followed by a visit to the local RSL

Lest We Forget

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

To all aussies and NZ'ers in here : May your Anzac day be peacefull, and may the hardships your armed forces has endured in past conflicts not have been in vain.

Lest we forget..