Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mechfori

Going up front and support, Tanking

3 comments in this topic

[SMOKE]
1,820 posts
15,645 battles

well for a very long time already players do not like to tank, and thus ever weaken the team play and possibility of the game ; part of that is the in game interaction between different ships and different type of ships being ill balanced not allowing proper defense and counter measure for those forcing forward as well as those on the defense ...

BUT .. here's the big part .. very part of that is tanking and supporting the team do not reward , it penalize by damage taken while not rewarding enough for potential damage taken .. so here's goes the suggestion : the reward for Potential damage taken ( aka tanking for the team ) should be significantly increased to reflect its nature as a measure of the fight just as damage deal but here's the 2nd part .. a T10 Shimakaze with only 17900 HP , taking a million potential damage , is quite clearly much more difficult than a T10 Zao with 40800 HP and way better armor and way more powerful arm to defend , which is in turn eclipsed by the 97200HP of the same tier Yamato ( and got heal )

So my 2nd part to the suggestion is that potential damage reward should be granted against ratio of potential damage taken vs HP of the said ship ( minus the full heal charge value )

Its only with properly rewarding team-play ( in this case tanking for the team ) that we can install some sense of better balance to reward both offensive and defensive play ..

[BZ]
41 posts
9,955 battles

I agree completely that Potential Damage should be awarded more weight, also spotting too.

I am sure many of us Kleber players would love if they weighted it to total hp. I regularly see over a million in shells dodged.

Sign in to follow this