You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

26 comments in this topic

59 posts
2,424 battles

So the new soviet cruisers what are we dealing with this year?, well you have cruisers with absolutely insane shell velocity the so called balance for this being the dispersion is not even that bad. And the stealth oh my god the stealth these ships come prepackaged for stealth we are talking stupid detection ranges, for example the tier IX the Riga she has 220 mm guns with a 14 second reload more health than the Odin the new German heavy cruiser that had its health nerfed for doing to well in battles not to mention it has radar. so whats the stealth you ask?, Riga has a base detection range of 14 km an air detectability range of an insane 6.4 km and in smoke again it has in insane smoke fire penalty of only 8.7 km. and that's the norm for all these new ships ridiculously accurate large calibre guns coupled with hard hitting HE shells as Flamu put it Truck hitting AP followed by an insane stealth ratings for every part of the ship including the torpedoes for the ships that have them. 

This is literally WG having their cake and eating too they have pulled out all the stops for these ships they can stealth radar let that sink in for a moment other ships in the game where nerfed so that they couldn't stealth radar but for the new Soviet ships Stalin guides their radar waves. for these ships to exist is a pure insult to the community these ships get it all no matter what ship type you play lately we have all lost an element of our ship types and these cruisers get it all. I cant even go into all the details because ill start a rant that will never end i didn't even get into the range of these ships by the way the new tier X is a light cruiser with 19 km range let that joke set in for you a light cruiser has the same range as my Grosser Kurfurst. 

PRTK.gif.fa08c903d16fc65889b296273f7d3aef.gif

This video is the perfect reaction to watching a game die: 

Edited by Der_Wustenfuchs
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
2,148 posts
10,805 battles

Hope they get nerfed prior to release. Having a radar range greater than detection range at T10 is OP unless you are a DD.

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
847 posts
13,915 battles
1 hour ago, Der_Wustenfuchs said:

more health than the Odin the new German heavy cruiser that had its health nerfed for doing to well in battles not to mention it has radar

Ahh I know this makes it sound even worse but Odin is actually a BB...…….. :Smile_hiding:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Odin

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
152 posts
7,934 battles

so if we compare these to the new British line ....

Image result for kekw gif

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,196 posts
15,558 battles

Is the pragmatic answer to just play Russian ships?

59 posts
2,424 battles
6 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Is the pragmatic answer to just play Russian ships?

tumblr_m64bupIyoW1qhuwgao1_250.gif.3dafef419a221efe297ef54096cb2d55.gif

I mean sure but if WG is not going to be sensible why should we, if these ships where going to be like the rest in the game and just have one strong good gimmick that made them slightly better than other ships i don't think any one would care. But these things have it all with no drawbacks its very unpragmatic. 

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,196 posts
15,558 battles

Well it’s pragmatic if you want to win.

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,770 posts
7 hours ago, Der_Wustenfuchs said:

This is literally WG having their cake and eating too

They are Soviet Cruisers. What did you expect...….

tenor876POY4N.gif.07ba6ad76206673aa0de29878cd1bd9e.gif

7 hours ago, Der_Wustenfuchs said:

for these ships to exist is a pure insult to the community

Again, what did you expect....

tenorGBOM3JQV.gif.7d2fd3d562320fc9cefbedd24ad38171.gif

Edited by LtDan_IceCream
  • Cool 1

[TF44]
195 posts
7,958 battles

IMHO this stuff is basically  game-killing except for RU server.

Who else wants to go endlessly into battle where most of the ships on both sides represent the wet dreams of some adolescent soviet fanboys, because it’s basically masochism to play anything else.

[TLS]
3,305 posts
18,778 battles

I wouldn't so much as mind as long as they fix outstanding issues *cough*matchmaking*cough* but just from the cursory stats, this is just going to make the game more stagnant long range artillery fest.

As for the IFHE changes, I have a gut feeling that there is some level of obfuscation there saying "It improves same tier matchup without need for IFHE". It definitely is going to buff something that people are not seeing at the moment.  After December, I doubt many of us are going to believe wg's PR.

[SPCTH]
384 posts
7,763 battles

RUSSIAN ships all the way no need for anything else or any other. When there light cruiser has more health then the Des Moine and longer radar and better stealth with the best torps in the game OK THEN. WIth IFHE changes and armour there goes all the German BBs gone to trash. Montana, Grober K will be nerfed.  END GAME Is near my friends soon the SUBS will drop, game will be filled with Kremlins and Gulaglings only. Nothing is final till release date.

Edited by AxEyBoI

40 posts
4,265 battles

It seems like that the new soviet cruisers can have everything done prefectly, including anti-aircraft defense, destoryer hunting, battleships baking and cruiser butchery. They will leave no place for all other cruisers. 

• Cool 1

59 posts
2,424 battles
2 hours ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Again, what did you expect....

tenorGBOM3JQV.gif.7d2fd3d562320fc9cefbedd24ad38171.gif

I expected them not to be so blatantly obvious and so stupidly insensible about it. 

[CLAY]
2,148 posts
10,805 battles

Why don't they just rename the game "World of Russian Warships"?

[MD]
200 posts
2,013 battles
7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Why don't they just rename the game "World of Russian Warships"?

Correction. "World of Paperships: Glorious Soviet Legends"

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
1,133 posts
8,923 battles

More Soviet ships, but CIS / RU server players will still complain that they are weak and pathetic like the Kremlin once they get their hands on them. :fish_palm:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
1,770 posts

To be honest, I don't think the Nerf hammer will be big enough.......

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,385 posts
5,221 battles

Petropavlovsk is beautiful but its just, too large for a Heavy Cruiser lol. Might already need to classify this as BC.

Also how could some ppl think that Alexander Nevsky is a CL when clearly anything bigger than 180mm guns is Classified as CA??? I mean look how big that AL.Nev is.

[SPCTH]
384 posts
7,763 battles

Some of there Cruisers are like BB level Superstructure but has lower concealment then every other nations CA lol WG................ no bias here. Game is turning into an all Russian affair. With each update and new ship releases they just get stronger and everyone else get nerfed in the process. Looking at the British line now makes me laugh at how bad they are compared to the RU. Pretty much obsolete before its released.

[TF44]
195 posts
7,958 battles
22 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Correction. "World of Paperships: Glorious Soviet Legends"

I like

World Of Russian Ships Triumph

[TDA]
Super Tester_
5,352 posts
6,440 battles
On 2/11/2020 at 8:17 PM, Der_Wustenfuchs said:

I expected them not to be so blatantly obvious and so stupidly insensible about it. 

1414956029195.gif

[SPCTH]
384 posts
7,763 battles

They wont be far off all being Nuclear equipped where just sending 1 nuke clears the map of all enemies. That would be fun. I would pay for that. Instant delete of 12 players. The way the games meant to be played. Instadelete Russian rollette style.

[NFB]
1,263 posts
12,285 battles

Would that new cruiser be a premium?

Sounds like typical WG sales tactics: bring out an OP premium. After the sales slow, nerf it into oblivion.