You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vrea_Zwei

Less range on BB tier 7~8

45 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I love how you left out lighter than standard projectiles will travel further at shorter ranges.

The statement below that just proved my point - "A higher initial velocity projectile will have to be heavier than a low initial velocity projectile to achieve the same range". Which means that a heavier projectile cannot outrange a lighter projectile unless it has a larger initial velocity. Which means IT IS APPLYING A LARGER FORCE TO THE PROJECTILE.

well since we reach conclusion about neither of us fully right about the range so let's stop here now

Case closed:P

Beta Tester
36 posts
941 battles

That's a very standard thing in physics

it doesn't count momentum, air velocity, turbulance, Spinning shells

and it will only used when it's not move horizontally

You are much mistaken. The force of gravity still applies even when an object is moving horizontally. Please give your physics teacher a call. You need it badly.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You are much mistaken. The force of gravity still applies even when an object is moving horizontally. Please give your physics teacher a call. You need it badly.

ah book.... where is it....

I throw it away a day after final exam:trollface:

Beta Tester
36 posts
941 battles

well since we reach conclusion about neither of us fully right about the range so let's stop here now

Case closed:P

No. As I have explained "A higher initial velocity projectile will have to be heavier than a low initial velocity projectile to achieve the same range". Which means that a heavier projectile cannot outrange a lighter projectile unless it has a larger initial velocity. Which means that you are wrong. You are simply taking bits and pieces from the material and think that you have your point proven.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

amagi is annoying to play because of its terrible range

means I have to close the distance all while taking damage from enemy kongos and fusou and have to pray they don't citadel hit while I'm trying to get into range

Beta Tester
36 posts
941 battles

amagi is annoying to play because of its terrible range

means I have to close the distance all while taking damage from enemy kongos and fusou and have to pray they don't citadel hit while I'm trying to get into range

Actually I am enjoying Amagi a lot after fully upgrading it. The 20km range isn't as bad as it sounds and the 30 knot speed gives you a pretty decent advantage over other BBs. Note that Kongou is 31 knots fully upgraded.

I have to agree tho that Amagi sucks when you first unlock it and only have 18km or so range.

Edited by ARASHI985

[L6G]
Senior Moderator
2,570 posts

Aaaarrrrrrhhhh, go back to the physics debate, that was fun.

With ships, the simple version is bigger gun, bigger shell, more propellant required to achieve or better the distance of travel. However, at some point propellant will exceed the gun.

Bigger guns do not mean longer range, just means more punching power.

4,163 posts
1,876 battles

No. As I have explained "A higher initial velocity projectile will have to be heavier than a low initial velocity projectile to achieve the same range". Which means that a heavier projectile cannot outrange a lighter projectile unless it has a larger initial velocity. Which means that you are wrong. You are simply taking bits and pieces from the material and think that you have your point proven.

Which is why most larger projectiles and longer guns have longer range than smaller projectiles.There's most barrel length and a higher initial propellant charge to throw projectiles further. Smaller guns can rarely outrange larger ones because they simply don't have the propellant or barrel length to build up that muzzle velocity. Frankly speaking, gravity is a non-issue for shells at engagement ranges. Most guns are capable of firing far beyond what their fire-control can handle.

Beta Tester
36 posts
941 battles

Which is why most larger projectiles and longer guns have longer range than smaller projectiles.There's most barrel length and a higher initial propellant charge to throw projectiles further. Smaller guns can rarely outrange larger ones because they simply don't have the propellant or barrel length to build up that muzzle velocity. Frankly speaking, gravity is a non-issue for shells at engagement ranges. Most guns are capable of firing far beyond what their fire-control can handle.

Yea it's enlightening to learn how projectiles interact with physics. You learn something new everyday. I am just pointing out that ballistics does not defy the basic law of physics. The longer range of larger projectile is mostly a result of applying a larger initial velocity to it. Somebody else seems to have the concepts mixed up and thinks that a heavier object should always travel further than a lighter object because "The Mighty Yamato has a longer range than anything else in the universe".

Edited by ARASHI985

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i say bring all bb range down to 14km and that will be the end of bbs spamming from the edge of the maps :)

some people just want the world to explode

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
41 battles

i say bring all bb range down to 14km and that will be the end of bbs spamming from the edge of the maps :)

BB engineer of WW2 gonna kill you for that :teethhappy:

Now I have pull some of my word

About

Force = mass x acceleration

It used but still missing other factor

that some physic stuff u have there

Alpha Tester
93 posts
3 battles

As a BB player I support this

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Actually I am enjoying Amagi a lot after fully upgrading it. The 20km range isn't as bad as it sounds and the 30 knot speed gives you a pretty decent advantage over other BBs. Note that Kongou is 31 knots fully upgraded.

I have to agree tho that Amagi sucks when you first unlock it and only have 18km or so range.

at tier seven and eight, alot of people can regularly citadel you very easily. I often find I have lost almost 30k hp in my Amagi trying to get within a proper firing distance (14~19km) and only THEN am I able to retaliate effectively

though it probably doesn't help that since my BB does not have good range, I have to go close and become a steel pinata as I watch the Kongo and Fusos on our team sit at the back and casually snipe the enemy (and miss, alot) while I sit there and eat shells constantly :(  (and do absolutely nothing)

The only good games I've had with Amagi is when i've managed to get into a chokepoint with no Enemy carriers around, I can pop out from an island at less then 10km range and broadside somebody and they will FEEL IT.

Beta Tester
36 posts
941 battles

at tier seven and eight, alot of people can regularly citadel you very easily. I often find I have lost almost 30k hp in my Amagi trying to get within a proper firing distance (14~19km) and only THEN am I able to retaliate effectively

though it probably doesn't help that since my BB does not have good range, I have to go close and become a steel pinata as I watch the Kongo and Fusos on our team sit at the back and casually snipe the enemy (and miss, alot) while I sit there and eat shells constantly :(  (and do absolutely nothing)

The only good games I've had with Amagi is when i've managed to get into a chokepoint with no Enemy carriers around, I can pop out from an island at less then 10km range and broadside somebody and they will FEEL IT.

I dunno I seldom fall into that 1km dead zone where I cannot shoot as Amagi while a Kongou/Fusou/Nagato rain shells down on me. 

If you are having problems with Fusou in particular maybe try not to engage him and pick another target unless you have no choice.

Edited by ARASHI985