You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
adampurkis

Mr DD whiner tries a Battleship on for size.

33 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

So everyone is telling me thatt BB's are not OP and that the DDs are perfectly fine and do not need a buff. Some say I do not know anything because i only play DD's and one cruiser. Well now i have got myself a KONGO.

shot-15.04.21_07.42.05-0678.jpgshot-15.04.21_07.41.30-0340.jpgshot-15.04.21_07.41.26-0648.jpg

Now i have to say i do understand their fatal attraction. Big massive guns can do massive damage very well armored. Nothing can get close without dying. In a way these ships are like the plague. However still do not understand why they keep distance and hide. The players who do that seem to not use one of the strongest attributes of their ships. The secondary armament!. I understand long distance warfare when you out tiered of there are load of DD's and CV planes around but otherwise. GET IN THE FIGHT ALREADY BB PLAYERS!.

Getting close is the best thing ever watching all the cannons go off.

shot-15.04.21_07.38.03-0618.jpg

WRONG! DD's are still underpowered i saw torpedoes coming as soon as they were launched from a DD in the smoke screen. Dodged them with ease. DD's desperately need a torpedo detection range buff they get seen 3km's out which is stupid. For a start getting within 5k of a battleship is certain death i have had games where i salvo DD's before they can even unload their torps. Even if you miss you can trust in the mighty secondary armament to tear the apart. Such pity us DD's. 

shot-15.04.21_06.58.39-0585.jpgshot-15.04.21_07.03.02-0068.jpg

One thing I have realized is that people were telling me is as OP as BB's seem CV's are even worse. Yes I had noticed this before when i ended having to chase 2 CV's across the map in my benson. Which could just about keep up with their. DD like speed and my god! the maneuverability they have is ridiculous they turned like shopping trolleys with troll faces . Dodging everything i sent their way while launching planes at the same time.

Sadly this becomes very apparent with BB's you cant keep up or get near CV unless they are stuck are caught hiding behind a island. Even getting close is hard enough their torpedoes drop so close that slowing down and putting full lock turns on will only guarantee you miss a few torps are bound to hit one of them.

So from what i have seen playing a BB.

1. They seem to be okay but their is a wiff of op about them I cannot tell what it is.

2.DD torpedo detection needs buff we can see them too early and its very rare if not ever since i got a kongo i have never been hit by DD torpedoes they just cant get close enough and if they try the secondary armament kills them. Sadly as a DD player myself I cannot find away around this. Tactics will only take you so far, smoke, islands and sneak attacks are not enough specially when BB's have planes and CV put scout planes around you all the time.

3. Something has to be done with the CV,S they are way to maneuverable and power full. my dd's cant keep up. Launching planes while at full speed doing sharp turns dodging all my torpedoes. BB's have no escape unless a friendly Cruiser is around with AA. Even then its not really enough. So what i was told is right the CV's are the most bullying ships in game, the most annoying and some ways the most OP.

shot-15.04.21_07.42.05-0678.jpg

shot-15.04.21_07.41.30-0340.jpg

shot-15.04.21_07.41.26-0648.jpg

shot-15.04.21_07.40.01-0232.jpg

shot-15.04.21_07.38.35-0755.jpg

shot-15.04.21_07.03.02-0068.jpg

shot-15.04.21_06.58.39-0585.jpg

shot-15.04.21_07.38.03-0618.jpg

Edited by adampurkis

Beta Tester
66 posts

I agree that the CV's are too fast and with any sort of head start a DD can't catch them easily. Also agree it's too hard to get close to a BB with a DD and torps get spotted to early

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

So from what i have seen playing a BB.

1. They seem to be okay but their is a wiff of op about them I cannot tell what it is.

2.DD torpedo detection needs buff we can see them too early and its very rare if not ever since i got a kongo i have never been hit by DD torpedoes they just cant get close enough and if they try the secondary armament kills them. Sadly as a DD player myself I cannot find away around this. Tactics will only take you so far, smoke, islands and sneak attacks are not enough specially when BB's have planes and CV put scout planes around you all the time.

3. Something has to be done with the CV,S they are way to maneuverable and power full. my dd's cant keep up. Launching planes while at full speed doing sharp turns dodging all my torpedoes. BB's have no escape unless a friendly Cruiser is around with AA. Even then its not really enough. So what i was told is right the CV's are the most bullying ships in game, the most annoying and some ways the most OP.

1. In the hands of a good player I suspect there is a whiff of OP about every ship class in the game. Though to maintain some sense of realism it would be reasonable assume that no other ship class should be able to go 1 on 1 with a BB and win easily. BB's should be the bad boyz!

2. DD do have a good chance versus BB's when the BB is occupied doing something else. I agree that torp detection is something of a problem for DD's as they do have to release them at much longer ranges than planes, i.e. planes have a massive advantage over DD's.

3. Another issue with CV's that I find quite annoying is that they seem to be quite stealthy as well. You can see where planes are taking off from and returning to but you can't target the CV.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I thought the bottlesheep's scout plane, although a meager 2:30 minutes of air time, can give a tiny bit of view boost that includes torpedo sightings.

to be fair though, USN kroozers can blast the living hell out of bottlesheeps if they unload fast enough and the battleship in question did not focus on them and IJN kroozers can get dangerously close for a torpedo run (was it really a notion for IJN cruiser torpedoes to be rather short than their destroyer counterparts? I was actually thinking that the Takao was chucking Long Lances in its tubes historically) since USN cruisers tend to unload faster than anyone else as per Atlanta, Cleveland and Des Moines when unloading like they want to drown you in shells.

anhg.jpg

bottlesheep is wub, bottlesheep is lyf.

Edited by EvyL

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I thought the bottlesheep's scout plane, although a meager 2:30 minutes of air time, can give a tiny bit of view boost that includes torpedo sightings.

to be fair though, USN kroozers can blast the living hell out of bottlesheeps if they unload fast enough and the battleship in question did not focus on them and IJN kroozers can get dangerously close for a torpedo run (was it really a notion for IJN cruiser torpedoes to be rather short than their destroyer counterparts? I was actually thinking that the Takao was chucking Long Lances in its tubes historically) since USN cruisers tend to unload faster than anyone else as per Atlanta, Cleveland and Des Moines when unloading like they want to drown you in shells.

I'd put an even money bet on the downsizing of the IJN cruiser torps as a "balance" thing.... (much like Yamato can't hit the entire map)

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Thank you Adam for trying BBs like I suggested, glad you can test out the rest of the game! Have a crack at carriers too :) 

Beta Tester
39 posts
169 battles

Nicolas T5 USN. Detected at 6.7kms by ships. 3.1kms by air groups. Torps at most can do 5.5kms before running out of steam.

Minekaze T5 IJN. Detected at 5.9kms by ships. 3.1kms by air groups. Torps can be launched at 7kms or 10kms depending on which you have fitted (Prefer the 7km ones myself, not worth the speed trade off for the 10km ones)

Both I have sunk BBs and CVs easily due to the excellent maneuverability of the ships. Gotta keep the stats in mind while picking your engagements!

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

40% acquisition time for torpedo since the last patch

is the main reason DD quite Underpowered

They don't need buff, they just need their Old Deadly and stealthy Torpedo back

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

To be honest, I think DD's are ok as they are, yes their torpedo detection ranges are a bit long, but thats why they are all about ambushes  -especially against BB's.

As long as you play to a ships strengths every class can be OP, for DD's the key is to read the map and throw as many torps at enemy ships at the closest range possible without getting killed, most ideally in narrow channels and straights where enemy ships can't manoeuvre, then use the smokescreen to bug out asap.

On open waters, its a lot more difficult, but once again, by shadowing the enemy ships like a hawk, you should stick to guns or AA support until you see enemy ships alone and or distracted by others in your team, then close in and torp them before they know whats happening - they are opportunistic ships and while US ships havecrappy torp range, I've noticed they are able to fire more torps (usually triple or quad tubes) so they can fire and run quicker.

Also word of note - WATCH OUT FOR FRIENDLYS!!!!! I have been sunk by allies (and sunk a few allied ships with torps myself I'm sorry to say), make sure you have good awareness on both parts!!!

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
66 posts

The thing is currently BB's can just sit in open water on most maps at 20km and still be effective. Almost impossible for a DD to get close to a BB in open water

Beta Tester
38 posts
1,057 battles

Tried to take a screenshot but it just comes out black. Fun with Technology! But anyway, my point was that I just had a game where I launched 57 torps at a battleship and a cruiser and didn't get 1 hit. And that's typical for destroyer drivers.

Edited by WorldConqueror86

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Tried to take a screenshot but it just comes out black. Fun with Technology! But anyway, my point was that I just had a game where I launched 57 [content removed] torps at a battleship and a cruiser and didn't get 1 [content removed] hit. And that's typical for destroyer drivers.

Ur language brah.

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Fine, edited. I assumed they would have a filter set up if they were concerned about swearing though.

even if the filter is set up, you are not suppose to type profanity anyway, remember +13 in game and in the forum.

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Fine, edited. I assumed they would have a filter set up if they were concerned about swearing though.

:D, Ok. I thought u was bad people (nope of course). Sup. 

Continue to tpic....

Alpha Tester
199 posts
226 battles

I think the issue is with most BB players is that they may not know the secondaries can get an accuracy increase once they CTRL left click on the DD which will order the secondaries to focus fire on the DD. 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

more whining from dd players , so you go up against a good bb player and you can kill him so you whine on here that dd ,need a buff , when will this stuff ever end .

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

[The thing is currently BB's can just sit in open water on most maps at 20km and still be effective. Almost impossible for a DD to get close to a BB in open water]

Battleships are supposed to be the kings of open water, destroyers own the dodgy back alleys (confined spaces and Island ambush points) ... generally if you take a big hard to steer object into a confined space you will face problems, likewise taking smaller vessels into open  water is going to take a lot more skill.  Right tool for the right job ...  remember the BB is probably sweating bricks if he has to shortcut thru  close terrain.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

more whining from dd players , so you go up against a good bb player and you can kill him so you whine on here that dd ,need a buff , when will this stuff ever end .

Do you know how to read? I guess bbs are all you play. DD's at the moment are broken we have no armor and our torpedoes can be detected 3 sometimes 4 kilometers out if there is a plane as soon as they are launched they are detected. If you do not play dd's and are not interested in the over all development and balancing of the game stay off the forums mate. DD's and cv's are the most unbalanced ships in game at the moment one needs a torpedo detection buff, for a start they should not even have triangles on top of them when they cruise through the water. The later needs a nerf suffering from over agility and having the ability to drop torpedoes from planes at point blank range. I think you need to play the game more.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Do you know how to read? I guess bbs are all you play. DD's at the moment are broken we have no armor and our torpedoes can be detected 3 sometimes 4 kilometers out if there is a plane as soon as they are launched they are detected. If you do not play dd's and are not interested in the over all development and balancing of the game stay off the forums mate. DD's and cv's are the most unbalanced ships in game at the moment one needs a torpedo detection buff, for a start they should not even have triangles on top of them when they cruise through the water. The later needs a nerf suffering from over agility and having the ability to drop torpedoes from planes at point blank range. I think you need to play the game more.

Nah. I love DD's as it is. 

You need to fix your mindset and play logic.

Edited by ExESGO