You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
smoothsac

No teamwork

38 comments in this topic

[LTZN]
26 posts
4,512 battles

Why is there next to no teamwork on Asian server’s ,are people just that self absorbed that even when playing a game they must enjoy they can’t be bothered to communicate even simple instructions? 

• Cool 4

[CLAY]
2,779 posts
12,390 battles

Yes.

And I suspect a lot of people don't speak English.

[LBAS]
1,787 posts
3,485 battles

You don't need teamwork in Asia server, ITS BATTLEROYALE.

the last survivor win.

You will hate farmer and camper but i love them. I hate yolo team mate who dead less than 10 min.

Also most of Asia server aim is godly and focus fire is more common compared to other server, pushing early will result in early sink.

• Cool 4

[OAKUM]
2,107 posts
16,076 battles
2 hours ago, smoothsac said:

Why is there next to no teamwork on Asian server’s ,are people just that self absorbed that even when playing a game they must enjoy they can’t be bothered to communicate even simple instructions? 

Yep

[SMOKE]
1,930 posts
16,063 battles

Teamwork ... oh , you mean that mythical phenomena that's suppose to be with every battle but actually are so rare to be seen ... oh well  .. and instruction , what instruction , actually on Asia Server if you ever try to instruct others, you are bound to be seen as arrogant and trying to bend others to do the game your way ( and everybody do not care to play the game other people's way, no, only their own ) . Communication, yes it happen some times provided the person understand your language first and many do not. Yes you try to communicate and work out something with your teammates but let's just say you should prepared for the worst.

I do not love nor do I hate the campers , but if they do not support the team as group and formation up front as they should, I just made it very sure that I will be giving them no support as well and if could be I will lure the fight to them .. as I stated on other thread, since they do not come to the fight, then we will had to bring the fight to them ( whether they like it or not ) .. and I must say I enjoy so much their misery when they are faced with incoming strained on their camping position or flank without any others supporting  , its even more rewarding than having a Victory

As a DD / CL main I had long learn to ignore any instruction at best ; unless I see a solid positive move and a PUSH by the said person , else whatever the saying however sensible it might be its still just baiting the teammate to do the fighting for them and using them as fire-bait when trying not to get into any fight oneself, been sold out too many times , no credibility left. The only time now I would give instruction is when situation demand it ,warning people of incoming torp, telling them I am going to smoke or something like that .. else I just leave them as they are since its unlikely that they will listen anyway and vice versa the other way too

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,207 battles

Its called every man or animal/bot for themselves. Most here dont have the brain capacity or bots anyways.

• Funny 1

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
223 posts

I guess it's the language - 12 or more in the SEA Server. It is hard to set plays when all you see are...boxes.  :cap_wander::cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[KAMI]
429 posts
5,781 battles

You don't really need to be able to speak in randoms. Radios and ping are decent enough for the job. You just need to know how to play.

• Cool 6

338 posts
6,754 battles
52 minutes ago, Verytis said:

You don't really need to be able to speak in randoms. Radios and ping are decent enough for the job. You just need to know how to play.

This exactly.

All you need is the quick chat commands and map pings.

[OAKUM]
2,107 posts
16,076 battles
5 hours ago, Verytis said:

4 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

This exactly.

All you need is the quick chat commands and map pings.

Social interaction WOULD be nice to have though, wouldn't you both agree?

I DO like talking with shipmates.....

:cap_tea:

Ordrazz

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,436 posts
26,407 battles
14 hours ago, smoothsac said:

why should people listen to you? the majority of players on Asia 

1. cant speak English

2. have the Asian mentality of farming for resources/stats rather than just "play for fun"

3.have no idea how to "help" even if you asked 

expecting any online teammate who isnt in your division or squad to be willing to help is the first and only folly you made 

• Cool 2

[LTZN]
26 posts
4,512 battles
On 2/7/2020 at 9:32 AM, drakon233 said:

why should people listen to you? the majority of players on Asia 

1. cant speak English

2. have the Asian mentality of farming for resources/stats rather than just "play for fun"

3.have no idea how to "help" even if you asked 

expecting any online teammate who isnt in your division or squad to be willing to help is the first and only folly you made 

I’m not asking people to listen to me!!  I'm asking for teamwork

• Funny 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,436 posts
26,407 battles
5 minutes ago, smoothsac said:

I’m not asking people to listen to me!!  I'm asking for teamwork

listening is the 1st part of communication. if you cant even communicate how do you expect the team to work together?

• Funny 3

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,624 posts
7,655 battles

You need to watch Sappers video on en-effing the XP system to see why teamwork can be lacking.   The game rewards selfish behaviour.

• Cool 2

[SMOKE]
1,930 posts
16,063 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

You need to watch Sappers video on en-effing the XP system to see why teamwork can be lacking.   The game rewards selfish behaviour.

and add to that the game mechanics penalize the one who actually go out and do team play , at the very least placing them in adverse condition with zero to no return, and not help by a team that only want you the one to do the part - yes - ONE FOR ALL ... but you can bet when occasion needed and demand , they will be sure never to do theirs - ALL FOR ONE ...

[TLS]
4,070 posts
20,266 battles

And the sad thing? They don't listen to the people with the sane ideas to correct this issue. Unfortunately the majority are sheeple and wg apologists. The rose tinted glasses wearing ones keep on saying ' nothing is wrong.' And let's not get into the cc's that don't stand up for the betterment of the community. At least JL stood by his principles despite paying the price.

[FORCE]
2,326 posts
12,150 battles

Knows what to do with your ship > teamwork

I mean, teamwork does not really matter if the majority in the team know & can fulfill their respective roles.

This is one of my last game before my GPU committed sudoku.

Summary:

Both team took safer tactic a.k.a. camping while hoping the opposition to wear down faster. Only used map pings, standard commands, and box language that I don't even read or type. My goals were simple; to outlast the enemy DD, and to survive as long as possible to scare the entire flank from pushing. The other's roles were; to prevent the other flank to leak into our side of map, and to keep the enemy DD in check because the DD took that other flank.

Edited by Sir_Feather

[LTZN]
26 posts
4,512 battles
19 hours ago, drakon233 said:

listening is the 1st part of communication. if you cant even communicate how do you expect the team to work together?

Ok champ

[KOOKA]
[KOOKA]
144 posts
10,426 battles

No speak the english mate

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
223 posts

Even if you speak the same language,  a Random game sometimes - or even more often - doesn't really go your way. Just the other day, I actually played with mostly ranked 1 players. Almost all spoke good English. Our tactics on how to play the game, differed. We ended half of the game, not chatting anymore and lost by time default. I think it's just part of the game to lose some, win some, and then lose some more. :cap_win::cap_like:

My enemy now is not the language. It is patience and frustration, and to re-learn how to enjoy the game as they come and go. 

[AUSFF]
64 posts
13,176 battles
2 hours ago, greywolfsdb2013 said:

Even if you speak the same language,  a Random game sometimes - or even more often - doesn't really go your way. Just the other day, I actually played with mostly ranked 1 players. Almost all spoke good English. Our tactics on how to play the game, differed. We ended half of the game, not chatting anymore and lost by time default. I think it's just part of the game to lose some, win some, and then lose some more. :cap_win::cap_like:

My enemy now is not the language. It is patience and frustration, and to re-learn how to enjoy the game as they come and go. 

Yea, exactly... i think the secret with the players with fantastic win rates, is they are the more flexible players who are able to read which way the battle/ their team is playing. And contribute accordingly. they will still have loses, but the fact that people have high individual win rates shows that a great player can sway a game! 

Not directed at you greywolf.   I try to play, so i contribute as much as  i can for how the team is playing, myself. The odds are the same for the other team. So if you find you are loosing a lot more than half over a large sample size, you should really be looking hard at how you are contributing. And perhaps be trying to adjust your play to the team

so for example, i admit i HATE it when the team lemmings, or people switch sides at the start, but all you can do, if you are on the light flank is try and delay the enemy on that flank as long as possible, so your heavy flank has a chance to break through. or attempt to facilitate the enemy collapse if you are on the heavy flank. The odds are the game is lost, but you can swing them on occasion!(down side being said players now think this is a good tactic.)

You have to be critical of your self. I myself can be way to aggressive, especially at the start vying for position in glass cannons(mino, dd's etc), and get deleted early, thats on me, not my team... sorry team!

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
1,930 posts
16,063 battles
22 minutes ago, KingOchaos said:

You have to be critical of your self

That's me too , the inability to do so even though am knowing I had to, I need to .. seeing people just lemming but not pushing, seeing people just right from start ran back, seeing people  who abandon their own flank if they do not see absolute superiority in force and abandon their own teammate there ... I got frustrated, and more than often I lost my cool, doing dumb thing like running to help the abandoned flank even if its tactically a bad choice , rushing in to help a dumb charging BB though I know I should not ..

[NFB]
1,336 posts
14,264 battles
On 2/6/2020 at 11:44 PM, smoothsac said:

“Why is there next to no teamwork on Asian server’s ,are people just that self absorbed that even when playing a game they must enjoy they can’t be bothered to communicate even simple instructions?”

No idea if it is different on other servers, never played outside SEA.

I think you have a point, but I find that often there will be reactions to chat window or F-key message. I should say that I play very few Random battles, mainly operations. For example in the current op Narai, sometimes I notice that nobody goes after the transports east or the carrier west. After a message, generally a ship or two turn and take on the job. Certainly not always.

There may be a language barrier with all the nations playing on SEA, but the F-keys should always work.

Sometimes when I press F10, not a single player responds. I find that irritating.

But language barrier or not, for 5 stars the team has to fulfil the secondary tasks. Why people are unwilling to respond I struggle to understand. Wouldn’t everybody want 5 stars?

Now, Narai needs T7 ships, so people should have some experience with the game. And Narai is around forever, so you would think there may be one or two players the most who do this op the first time.

Another thing I find annoying in Ops is that many players die early, and leave it to others to win the match.

The way it is now it has been since I started playing. I would have to say, if this bothers you, find another game mode (like clan battle) or something else to do. I cannot see what would cause a major change in player attitude in the future.